DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I have nothing but the highest praise and respect for anyone that works any kind of any emergency services. If it weren't for their efforts, I wouldn't be here today. You all have my thanks for what you do!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat06 View Post
Do you ever feel like an ambulance is a glorified taxi service to the front of the E.R. line? I know a lot of the paramedics i've been around think so.
Sometimes I do feel like people don't respect what 911 is for. I understand when the elderly call because they have no one else. I understand people in pain, or who are scarred, or who made a mistake and their house burned down. But what I don't understand are people who say things like "I know it's just a twisted ankle and I can drive him but he'll get in faster if you take him." NO he won't.... it's a sprained ankle. "Yeah but take him anyways." So what you're saying is that the person having a heart attack, fire, car accident, or seizure now has to wait for a farther away rescue to respond???

There are a lot of people that don't use their common sense, in fact a lot of times I feel like common sense doesn't exist anymore.

.[/I]

Old 12-08-2009, 01:28 PM

RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Agreed! Check my signature! The only time I've ever used ambulance service was during a couple of life threatening issues with my heart. A sprain hardly compares with a sucking chest wound or cardiac arrest.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

LOL Good point!

.[/I]

Old 12-08-2009, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

OK, my 2 cents worth...

when I worked as an electrician:

that lady that calls me out to her house because her desk lamp isn't working, turns out that there wasn't a bulb in the lamp... gee wonder why it didn't work

the emergency where I get called out at 2 a.m. because "nothing works" in the house. I get there maybe 45 minutes after I get the call, all the outside lights are on, as are most of them in the house. When I ask the customer what the problem is, I'm told that the light in the bathroom "just stopped working". I asked if they had checked the circuit breaker, they didn't know what a circuit breaker was... I reset the breaker... total time on the job about 10 minutes... they got charged 3 hrs at the emergency rate and I got 2 hrs of OT

railroaders:

We all knew that when we went to work for the railroad that we worked "on call". We knew that we were not "guaranteed" to work 40 hrs a week. We all knew that it was not only possible, but likely that we'd work in excess of 12 hrs every time we go to work. Why do so many of us bitch and complain about the phone ringing, going to work, and the fact that we "had" to work 10 hrs today? Yes, I'm just as guilty as everyone else LOL

Idiots who don't realize what those flashing red light at the crossing are for, or why there is this bar (that strongly resembles something that you're not s'posed to go around) is in the middle of the road when the lights are flashing. Chances are there's a train coming.

those who live next to a railroad track, then complain that the trains make too much noise... HELLO??? chances are the track was there when you purchased the house... did you fail to notice that you had railroad tracks in your back yard? (the same can be said for those who buy a house near an airport, then complain about the noise)

OK I think I'm done...

well almost... some of us sleep when we get the chance... time of day often means little or nothing... guess that is what black out curtains and ear plugs are for!

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Stone White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:36
ltdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
those who live next to a railroad track, then complain that the trains make too much noise... HELLO??? chances are the track was there when you purchased the house... did you fail to notice that you had railroad tracks in your back yard? (the same can be said for those who buy a house near an airport, then complain about the noise)
Those same idiots got the Austin, TX airport moved though...
Old 12-12-2009, 05:47 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Color: Graphite Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:72
Incognito will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
Hey Incognito....I have something to say about #3.

I used to be a graveyard shift worker......for 15 years! While I had to learn to sleep through most noises sometimes you just can't sleep through construction noises! So in defense of those people "who shouldn't be sleeping during the daytime"...when should we sleep?? Something to think about.....
Well, I can't get past that one. But I do tell my customers that it does get very loud when we're working. I get complaints about noise all the time. Hell, I'd get one of my labourers to give you a back rub and sing you a lullabye until you fall asleep. But then again me firing away with my roofing gun would wake you up.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3930
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Well, I can't get past that one. But I do tell my customers that it does get very loud when we're working. I get complaints about noise all the time. Hell, I'd get one of my labourers to give you a back rub and sing you a lullabye until you fall asleep. But then again me firing away with my roofing gun would wake you up.
That might be the best time to fire up the roofing gun!! Who says I would be sleeping after all that!?

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
That might be the best time to fire up the roofing gun!! Who says I would be sleeping after all that!?
Need a little masking noise, Blue?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:53 PM

Rep:41
fireman is on a distinguished road

Sure, I'll bite. I work as a fire fighter/EMT. Here are some of my Peaves.

When I roll up in front of the Highrise building, with loud alarms coming from every corner of the building, and make my way to the 12th floor, Please don't poke your head out the door and ask me if there is a fire. The alarms are ringing......The Fire Dept. is there.....you should not be. Please evacuate your suite.

If there is a fire in a house and we are fighting it from the outside with a hose line. Please don't scream at me and point to where the fire is..........I have been doing this for 12yrs. I am a professional, I know what fire looks like.

If you call 911 and ask for help, don't be beligerant to the people there to help you. They really are there for your well being.

And my favorite. If you see a really large red truck truck in your rearview mirror. One that has 20 different strobe lights and a airhorn. And it is trying to get past you. Please pull over to the right and slow down. This may come as a surprise.......but the people we are on our way to see are more important than you being in the left lane to make your turn 4 blocks up.