DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x2
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
vinnny is on a distinguished road
Default Dealer just called - my truck is in! Got any inspection tips?

Anything in particular I should be looking for during my walk-around inspection?
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep water blue Pearl
Rep:61
Alberto22 will become famous soon enough

DAYLIGHT DAYLIGHT DAYLIGHT! don't be afraid to jump in the bed to look at the roof. Mine sustained damage in transit but didn't see till i was detailing it. Drive it go through all the gears, and 4 wheel drive. Play with every button inside let the salesman give you a lesson even though you know what it does. then once your satisfied sign away, and good luck with the new ride!!!
MODS. f1 bakflip, rain guards, Mopar bug deflector, husky floor liners, chrome gas cover, westin side steps,steal craft brush guard,Piaa fog lights, painted calipers, sport hood, KENWOOD EXCELON DNX9980HD with cmos 300 camera, Magnaflow 14"
Old 08-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1711
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

AS above and we want PICTURES
Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Well!! its contagious...mine just called..its there! Im gonna get it saturday but Im heading over to bless the thang...and Ill take some pics....
Old 08-21-2013, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:92
spp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto22 View Post
DAYLIGHT DAYLIGHT DAYLIGHT! don't be afraid to jump in the bed to look at the roof. Mine sustained damage in transit but didn't see till i was detailing it. Drive it go through all the gears, and 4 wheel drive. Play with every button inside let the salesman give you a lesson even though you know what it does. then once your satisfied sign away, and good luck with the new ride!!!
First, congrats! And pretty much what Alberto22 said. Touch everything. If you have questions or concerns, ask the salesman.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Sport
Rep:23
VegasR1 is on a distinguished road

so jealous of you guys and your 14's showing up. Just ordered mine a week or so ago so I have some time to wait yet
Old 08-21-2013, 03:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Take your spouse with you.

Trust me on this one.

Congrats.

Grub out!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2516
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Take your spouse with you.

Trust me on this one.

Congrats.
Yes to all above responses and taking your spouse or at least another set of eyes is especially worth while.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

You're too excited in the moment. You wanna' get the hell out of their and drive your ride around and enjoy it for a few miles B4 the evening sets in. You'll miss little intricate things [specially the body's paint] that will surface later and you'll want them addressed.

There's a [damn good] chance the dealership/Chrysler may deny your claim or, at the very least, give you the run around if that happens. Why? Because you should have thoroughly checked your new vehicle for damages, imperfections and the like prior to picking it up. The burden of proof is on you to prove that those issues were present before you drove off. Think about it....

Women, for the most part, are [much] more attentive to the task at hand then us. They ask what's the cake made of; we just eat it, smile and say it tastes good.

Whenever I make a large purchase, my wife [almost] always will accompany me.

Trust me on this one.

Good luck and congrats again.

Grub out!

Last edited by Grubrunner; 08-21-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:10 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, Big Horn
Color: Black Pearl coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:218
Ramzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura about

Make sure everything you are paying for and ordered is on the truck. Go down the sheet item by item. If you ordered a different rear make sure it is on the truck.