DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 1ST Generation Dodge Ram 1993 & Older Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 1st Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default Need help w/ HVAC damper actuator vacuum line wiring

Hello Everyone,

I recently installed an aftermarket radio in my 88 Dodge D100. Afterwards the vent control no longer worked. Everything comes out of the center vents. It does not matter if I select defrost, vent, heat (floor), etc, everything comes out of the center vents.

After doing a bit of Google searching and consulting my trusty Haynes manual I see that everything is controlled by vacuum. A little more digging and I saw that while installing the radio, I must have disconnected the vacuum lines that go between the actuators for the various dampers and the controller in the dash.

There are 6 black vacuum lines and one red vacuum line coming out of the controller. All of the black lines tie into a plastic manifold. The red vacuum line is on its own. The manifold has two rows of ports. One row has three ports and the other row has four ports. Not all of the ports on the manifold are used.

I put some pictures of the manifold on my little webserver. You can see them at http://andyandchrissy.webhop.net/dodge.html

The lines coming from the actuators are color coded: green, yellow, red, brown, grey and black. The black line is coming from the engine, the grey is to close a valve that shuts off water flow through the heater core, the yellow controls the floor (heat) vent actuator, the green controls the recirc/fresh air actuator, the red controls the defrost vent actuator, and the brown controls the actuator for the dash vents.

The problem is that I have no idea how these vents should hook up to the controller and there is not a diagram or reference to them in the Haynes manual.

Also, I have not had much luck with trying to figure everything out by randomly plugging vacuum lines into the manifold.

I was hoping someone has a factory service manual or some personal knowledge and could help me out in re-attaching all the lines to the manifold in the correct order.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1981-1987 225ci (3.7L) Slant-6 95hp
Rep:10
jimmykayla is on a distinguished road
Default Same problem

I am having the same problem with my truck. I at least got the defroster to work-which is most important for winter. The black vacuum line coming through the firewall connects to the red vacuum tube coming from the controller. The dark brown wire i hooked to one of the black vacuum lines and i now get heat through the defroster and floor vent, but nothing from the dash vent. I would love to find out which vacuum color connects to which vacuum port on the plastic housing. I have not hooked up any of the other vacuum lines, but i have suction on 3 of the 5 remaining ports on the plastic connector. I have also tried various combinations-but the best i come up with is the two lines described above. The a/c works in the truck and i would like for it to come out the dash vents for the summer. Any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Jim.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

Hi Jim,

A guy named Steve from the DodgeTalk web forum hooked me up with this diagram. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me.

I will host the diagram on my little webserver for awhile. It is subject to change at any time so I would recommend that you download and save the file.

http://andyandchrissy.webhop.net/dodge.html

Last edited by Quiet Lunatic; 12-12-2009 at 08:47 PM.