DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Limited TrueBlue
Trim Level: Limited
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
2014LHLTD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
You're too excited in the moment. You wanna' get the hell out of their and drive your ride around and enjoy it for a few miles B4 the evening sets in. You'll miss little intricate things [specially the body's paint] that will surface later and you'll want them addressed.

There's a [damn good] chance the dealership/Chrysler may deny your claim or, at the very least, give you the run around if that happens. Why? Because you should have thoroughly checked your new vehicle for damages, imperfections and the like prior to picking it up. The burden of proof is on you to prove that those issues were present before you drove off. Think about it....

Women, for the most part, are [much] more attentive to the task at hand then us. They ask what's the cake made of; we just eat it, smile and say it tastes good.

Whenever I make a large purchase, my wife [almost] always will accompany me.

Trust me on this one.

Good luck and congrats again.
Congrats on the new ride, and wholehearlty couldn't have said it better myself,

Don't sign anything until you have inspected every inch of the truck

Enjoy ya new rig!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 AM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

From experience...Have a look at it inside and go over it with a fine tooth comb....Then take it outside into daylight...Have a look for any paint issues, bumper alignment issues, have a look around the creases of the door, have a look at the hood and paint for any modelling.....

I would also look at various angles at the truck and the paint itself.....Once your satisfied then move onto the roof...If you have a sunroof look around the edges to ensure that there are no gaps...Also have a look for any damage that usually goes unnoticed.....\

From there move onto your interior....Have a good look and test all the goodies that your getting. Test the key fob, remote start,,,,Take your time.....

Also have a look at your rims to ensure that there are no blemishes,.....The main thing that you need to do is take your spouse....Which was already mentioned,,,,LOL....

Good luck and please let us know...Post some pics......

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:21
count2 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if the paint issues have come from both plants, or just Warren? I've read a lot of the paint issue threads in the 2013 forum but haven't noticed if anyone with a regular cab or HD truck have had problems.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

Besides careful external inspection outside in sun, I always have my vehicles put on a lift so I can examine the undercarriage for any shipping damage or obvious build problems. If you can bring a car knowledgeable friend along to help look, all the better. You are going to be all emotionally charged up and may not be functioning at your normal level. 4 eyes are better than 2 googly eyes.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
Besides careful external inspection outside in sun, I always have my vehicles put on a lift so I can examine the undercarriage for any shipping damage or obvious build problems. If you can bring a car knowledgeable friend along to help look, all the better. You are going to be all emotionally charged up and may not be functioning at your normal level. 4 eyes are better than 2 googly eyes.
What a great idea.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

My heap is still work'n on the Rail Road....somewhere!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

Make sure your FM radio is clear!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Misses the Champ.

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Take your spouse with you.

Trust me on this one.

Congrats.
Yeah, like you have a choice! But seriously, sage advice on this one!! The day my truck arrived, it was pouring rain. I wasn't going to go and see it until the next day, but decided to go sit in it and check if it had any leaks. The next day, when the sun came out, I went and looked the whole truck over. Roof, glass, interior, all paint, door & tailgate operation, rolled around under the truck, you name it. Then I asked to be present when it went up on the lift for the dealer inspection. All I found was a barely noticeable 1/4" shallow scratch on the inside of one of the chrome rims which they buffed out. Do NOT be afraid to do any of this! You are laying down a lot of $$ for this truck, and it should meet your expectations.

Last edited by PaulMys; 08-22-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Limited TrueBlue
Trim Level: Limited
Color: True Blue
Rep:11
2014LHLTD is on a distinguished road

Further to the paint quality, is there any particular spots where the paint can be particularly bad? And will need a good look over?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Longorn 1500
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Black
Rep:15
exilepa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014LHLTD View Post
Further to the paint quality, is there any particular spots where the paint can be particularly bad? And will need a good look over?
When I took delivery of mine, the dealer was up front and showed me a spot on the tailgate where the factory robot aparently didn't put the paint on thick enough and primer is showing through. They wanted to have their body shop repaint the tailgate, I insisted a brand new one be sent from the factory and the "Ram advocate" at the factory agreed.