DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
This was all custom work done by the OP. He custom built the adapter plate himself and then spent over a year trying to sell it when he changed projects. I think he never did sell it. He had planned to build an adapter from the sc's oval outlet to the hemi TB, basically a plate to fit each opening with a short connector.

He sold the truck and picked up an '11 hemi, then sold that and now is running a '12.
Thanks for replying to me CdnoilRAM, it's a good story. Seems like the guy new what he wanted and what he was doing. Too bad he was so far into it and so close to have to give up like that. It's okay though, I still admire what he did.... my hats off to him. ~S~
Old 08-22-2013, 12:42 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

We've discovered that the Eaton is best done on a 4.7L, it almost bolts up perfectly. Several swaps have been done now and they work like a hot damn. The truck hemi is best served by a centrifugal charger and a transmission upgrade is an absolute must at that point.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram RUMBLE BEE
Trim Level: RUMBLE BEE
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Backinblackhemi is on a distinguished road

well I got the s/c for 200 bucks so its gotta bee worth looking into? I also heard about 5 years ago that roush was trying to eventually come up with a kit for the hemi to run the eaton roots type blower similar to the plentifull m112 lightning,cobra,GT500 Chargers? I know were I can get injectors, pluggs, an everthing possilby a tune for it, but were can I find one of those intakes like fasthemiram11 has? the site will not allow me to pm him untill I have 25 posts under my belt for some reason? lol so any help would bee apprecited guys, thanks again RAM brothers
Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
We've discovered that the Eaton is best done on a 4.7L, it almost bolts up perfectly. Several swaps have been done now and they work like a hot damn. The truck hemi is best served by a centrifugal charger and a transmission upgrade is an absolute must at that point.

^^^^^THIS

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Damn the OP lives right down the street from me and I didn't even know he did this project lol. His new truck has a RIPP kit, it's definitely easier, less strain on the truck, cheaper, etc, and overall better.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.