DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM
sailcat sailcat is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 92
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie,
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:35
sailcat is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygoose View Post
in wiring on mine, can transfer it to second owner for $50, or use unused warranty money as down payment if I trade in.

Here is a cut and paste from the factory lifetime warranty.

"Plan is NOT transferable except in the state of Florida ($40 transfer fee) and North Carolina ($50 transfer fee)."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-23-2013, 03:41 PM
plumcrazy73's Avatar
plumcrazy73 plumcrazy73 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fort Benning Ga Area
Posts: 573
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 2WD Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT w/Big Horn EQ GP
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep Power: 5
Rep:119
plumcrazy73 will become famous soon enoughplumcrazy73 will become famous soon enough
Default

will have to go re-read mine, yes I know you get a refund when you trade in for any unused. but last time i read it it stated not transferable, maybe i am mistaken though
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Hermes1's Avatar
Hermes1 Hermes1 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 59
Posts: 1,991
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:2505
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
It's the same warranty that your dealer will sell you. You get an ID card and the paperwork in the mail. Any Chrysler dealer will honor it since it is a Chrysler warranty.
Yes true and if you buy an extended warranty from another source, other than Chrysler, in most cases you can take it for repairs to most reputable repair facilities, it does not have to be a Chrysler/Ram dealership, although it can be.
__________________
Regards, Bruce
Sure you can take my truck, the door is un-locked and the keys are under my Akita.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Graygoose's Avatar
Graygoose Graygoose is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 47
Posts: 602
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcat View Post
Here is a cut and paste from the factory lifetime warranty.

"Plan is NOT transferable except in the state of Florida ($40 transfer fee) and North Carolina ($50 transfer fee)."
well mine reads I can, so....gotta believe my paperwork.
__________________

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Explorer Rob's Avatar
Explorer Rob Explorer Rob is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 1,104
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 2
Rep:256
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes1 View Post
Yes true and if you buy an extended warranty from another source, other than Chrysler, in most cases you can take it for repairs to most reputable repair facilities, it does not have to be a Chrysler/Ram dealership, although it can be.
I made that mistake with Warranty Gold. Half the time a service facility called for authorization, Warranty Gold came up with some reason why it wasn't covered. The final straw was when I had to have a rear wheel bearing replaced on my Explorer. The shop didn't get authorization prior to doing the work. When they called to get a credit card number after replacing the bearing, Warranty Gold told them they wanted me to submit all of my receipts for the last 90,000 miles showing that I have had all scheduled maintenance performed at the proper intervals. I ended up paying out of pocket for the repair and never used that shop or Warranty Gold again. I did receive a refund check for $13.00 a few years ago though when Warranty Gold lost a class-action lawsuit against them.

My Chrysler plan states that "Service obtained from a person other than an authorized Chrysler Group LLC dealer is not reimbursable under this plan unless authorized by us and you receive an authorization number before the service is performed." Also, in an emergency I can take my Ram to a non-Chrysler facility such as when their offices are closed. "In the event of an emergency repair, and our offices are closed, you may proceed with repairs and submit a claim in our office within 30 days of the repair date. Reimbursement will be in accordance with the Plan provisions. the repair invoice must include the repair date, vehicle identification number, mileage and a description of the repairs performed. The Mopar Vehicle Protection Authorization Center is open for business Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time."

I fully intend on using Chrysler whenever possible or practical, but at least I'm not forced to.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Explorer Rob's Avatar
Explorer Rob Explorer Rob is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 1,104
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 2
Rep:256
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcat View Post
Here is a cut and paste from the factory lifetime warranty.

"Plan is NOT transferable except in the state of Florida ($40 transfer fee) and North Carolina ($50 transfer fee)."
I wasn't concerned with being able to transfer my contract to someone else since if I get rid of my Ram, it would likely be for another Ram. Turns out though, my contract states that my contract is not-transferable. I also can't find anything in it about being able to roll it over to another new Chrysler like the dealer said. If I am ever in the market for another Ram and I can't transfer my warranty over to it, then it will likely turn into a deal breaker unless the dealer is willing to throw in a lifetime warranty on the new vehicle. I'll cross that bridge if I ever get to it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Hermes1's Avatar
Hermes1 Hermes1 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 59
Posts: 1,991
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:2505
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
I made that mistake with Warranty Gold. Half the time a service facility called for authorization, Warranty Gold came up with some reason why it wasn't covered. The final straw was when I had to have a rear wheel bearing replaced on my Explorer. The shop didn't get authorization prior to doing the work. When they called to get a credit card number after replacing the bearing, Warranty Gold told them they wanted me to submit all of my receipts for the last 90,000 miles showing that I have had all scheduled maintenance performed at the proper intervals. I ended up paying out of pocket for the repair and never used that shop or Warranty Gold again. I did receive a refund check for $13.00 a few years ago though when Warranty Gold lost a class-action lawsuit against them.

My Chrysler plan states that "Service obtained from a person other than an authorized Chrysler Group LLC dealer is not reimbursable under this plan unless authorized by us and you receive an authorization number before the service is performed." Also, in an emergency I can take my Ram to a non-Chrysler facility such as when their offices are closed. "In the event of an emergency repair, and our offices are closed, you may proceed with repairs and submit a claim in our office within 30 days of the repair date. Reimbursement will be in accordance with the Plan provisions. the repair invoice must include the repair date, vehicle identification number, mileage and a description of the repairs performed. The Mopar Vehicle Protection Authorization Center is open for business Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time."

I fully intend on using Chrysler whenever possible or practical, but at least I'm not forced to.
Yeah your experience would cause one to think twice. Not all insurance/extended warranties are created equal though. I have not had a claim (knocking on wood) yet and mine is still under original warranty, but I have a couple friends who have good experiences with non-manufacturer warranties.
__________________
Regards, Bruce
Sure you can take my truck, the door is un-locked and the keys are under my Akita.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum