DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice
Default Just about finished with Ram

I am just a bit too infuriated and disappointed with Ram right now to write much. What I will state is that I found when there is a customer issue with the product (not the dealer), Ram has instituted a glass ceiling in the customer support department. They provide a "customer service" phone number with a courteous person who yeses you and but is incapable of doing anything meaningful. Why? Because Ram has designed a wall to be between themselves and the customers. Ram does not permit their phone rep to provide any manager, any supervisor, any production person, anyone in upper management to speak with or respond to a product issue or complaint. The "customer service" STOPS DEAD at the customer service level. I was advised Ram could do no more and I could do nothing. I was refused even an address of a supervisor to write to! Ram in effect recognizes your phone call but prevents any escalation of the issue or complaint. Ram motto: Good by, so long, ta ta. Thanks for calling."

I am weighing my decision to cancel my order and buy a different brand truck. I am NOT going to purchase a $56,000 truck and be given nothing but worthless vacuous lip service by customer support who is effectively gagged by Ram.

I learned today that there is NO actual customer support system at Ram. I cannot do business with a company that is blind to problems, deaf to customer issues and insulates itself from the customer. Mind you, it is not the problem with the truck now, but the infuriating, offensive manner in which Ram isolates itself and blocks the customer from reaching anyone and making any meaningful contact. A truly miserable customer relations system is at work at Ram.
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
I am just a bit too infuriated and disappointed with Ram right now to write much. What I will state is that I found when there is a customer issue with the product (not the dealer), Ram has instituted a glass ceiling in the customer support department. They provide a "customer service" phone number with a courteous person who yeses you and but is incapable of doing anything meaningful. Why? Because Ram has designed a wall to be between themselves and the customers. Ram does not permit their phone rep to provide any manager, any supervisor, any production person, anyone in upper management to speak with or respond to a product issue or complaint. The "customer service" STOPS DEAD at the customer service level. I was advised Ram could do no more and I could do nothing. I was refused even an address of a supervisor to write to! Ram in effect recognizes your phone call but prevents any escalation of the issue or complaint. Ram motto: Good by, so long, ta ta. Thanks for calling."

I am weighing my decision to cancel my order and buy a different brand truck. I am NOT going to purchase a $56,000 truck and be given nothing but worthless vacuous lip service by customer support who is effectively gagged by Ram.

I learned today that there is NO actual customer support system at Ram. I cannot do business with a company that is blind to problems, deaf to customer issues and insulates itself from the customer. Mind you, it is not the problem with the truck now, but the infuriating, offensive manner in which Ram isolates itself and blocks the customer from reaching anyone and making any meaningful contact. A truly miserable customer relations system is at work at Ram.
How exactly did you "learn" the part in bold?

Grub out!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Color: White
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

By the best means available...by my personal experience directly with Ram, today. It is quite clear in the post. Also, I reported this for the forum and I am not going to debate it. Take it at face value or ignore it. Your choice.

Last edited by skytop; 08-27-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 2500
Color: Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:133
BAB will become famous soon enoughBAB will become famous soon enough

Very, very discouraging for any company to provide no form of redress for a customer. Alas, this has happened to me as well -- not with Ram -- but a customer service representative who refused to let me speak to their manager. Direct quote, "I do not have a manager." As someone who has a brand new Laramie 2500 4x4 w/Cummins, this post disturbs me. A lot. I assume that whatever went wrong had to do with a truck on order?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2014
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road

I actually think when you call it isnt really Dodge. I think it is a company they hire to field the calls
Old 08-27-2013, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

I used to pride myself on being able to hack thru anybodys bureaucracy...not RAMs...each and every time i ran into exactly the same nonsense you did...those "tales" are buried in here...and now, get replaced by MORE newbies wanting to know "WTF is going on?"...asking exactly the same questions, getting exactly the same NON answers.

....I am convinced they arent outsourced, they are actually Chrysler employees, "branded" for specific product lines...I got many references to other depts in the building...meaning Chrysler HQ....the only saving grace was that i actually got my truck...it begs the question, how many frustrated people order one, run into "problems", and not merely cancel, but buy one off the lot?? mebbe thats the plan...they got entirely too many 13's to get rid of...nevertheless, even tho i got mine, and its just fine thankyou, I cant argue with you...

All i can say is, you arent getting even with anyone. Assuming for the moment you DO get the thing, obviously it then devolves into a relationship between you and the service dept, at least during the warranty period. I cant give you advice...I can feel your "angst" right thru the screen as weird as that sounds....good luck...
Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 limited crew
Trim Level: limited
Color: black
Rep:50
teflon74 will become famous soon enough

sky you seem to be finding more issue and roadblocks with ram than anyone I have ever seen. I in fact work with folks who take those calls up here in Canada and I beg to differ with you. they do infact exist and they do deal with customer issues daily. if you weren't a senior member here I would suspect your some kind of ram hater. please don't tell everyone that what you seem to have experienced is what everyone will get. Maybe your number is on a PITA (pain In the ass) list and they just don't want to deal with you for whatever reason. Teflon
Old 08-27-2013, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon74 View Post
sky you seem to be finding more issue and roadblocks with ram than anyone I have ever seen. I in fact work with folks who take those calls up here in Canada and I beg to differ with you. they do infact exist and they do deal with customer issues daily. if you weren't a senior member here I would suspect your some kind of ram hater. please don't tell everyone that what you seem to have experienced is what everyone will get. Maybe your number is on a PITA (pain In the ass) list and they just don't want to deal with you for whatever reason. Teflon
That was my initial thought after reading his opening rant..... at least along those lines. I just didn't want to call him out [hater] so I asked a very straight-forward question that he conveniently dodged and gave me an ultimatum. That's fine. I chose to "ignore" him.

After his reply to my question earlier, I agree with everything you've said.

Misery loves company.....

Kudos and points coming your way.

Your closing sentence is a gem!

A big n' fat....

Grub out!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Black
Rep:353
spoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nice

I trust that skytop is infuriated- likely for good reason... I would like to know what the problem is.... or how it started and what he was hoping to achieve.

As a Ram owner with lots of warranty left... I have to be curious as to what would make customer service put up a brick wall? Is is easy for me to imagine that some folks could ask for "the unreasonable request" but I'd be disturbed if I thought his request was completely reasonable.
Can you provide and detail as to what started it all?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 AM

Vehicle: 2014
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road

I think skytop is exactly right. If you are spending this kimd of money cs should be at its highest level. I have had the exact same experience and so has many others