DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-01-2013, 02:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Ya it really is overpriced that's for sure.

I'd not hear of this stuff before joining the site, so now I look at loads of things that I'd like to plasti-dip........like last nights dinner.......though judging by the taste I think I may already have been??

Yes poo is bad, especially if I had of rolled the dog in it afterwards and sent her home with my brother. LOL.....

Awe who am I kidding, the dog is adorable. And I'd move heaven and earth for my nieces, so a dog print is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
Ya it really is overpriced that's for sure.

I'd not hear of this stuff before joining the site, so now I look at loads of things that I'd like to plasti-dip........like last nights dinner.......though judging by the taste I think I may already have been??

Yes poo is bad, especially if I had of rolled the dog in it afterwards and sent her home with my brother. LOL.....

Awe who am I kidding, the dog is adorable. And I'd move heaven and earth for my nieces, so a dog print is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.
Nice "big picture" outlook my friend!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 AM
God Bless Texas!

RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

This past weekend, I changed out the plugs with new Champion OEM's @ $1.99 a piece. Also dumped some Seafoam in the crankcase and let it set overnight. Then, went and picked up some Rhino Ramps from a Craig's List post for $30. He was right about 50 miles from the house so the round trip worked out well for the Seafoam cleanse. Had some In-N-Out for lunch at the house, just to let the beast cool down and bit, then changed out the life blood with some Royal Purple. I'm thinking the Beast likes it 'cause his get-up-and-go seems to be a little perkier.

Not in too bad of shape. Looks like they have 116K on them.

Good stuff, Maynard!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:46 PM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Looks good my dude, but why not make both bumpers black like I did?
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 08-27-2013, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Silver
Rep:25
EWC88 is on a distinguished road

Looks great! What kind headlights are those? How's the output with them?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:09 PM
God Bless Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes View Post
Looks good my dude, but why not make both bumpers black like I did?
Thanks, Bro! Just mixing things up a little, wanted to see how well the white blended in. Gonna have to redo them both anyhow. I like the all white look, just need to find a white grill now. The black on black looks great on your truck. Think I'll do both black next time, thanks for the inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWC88 View Post
Looks great! What kind headlights are those? How's the output with them?
Thanks EW! Those are Spyder head lights with LED. HERE's the link to them. They look sharp, but with 35w 5000K HID's in them, the output is less than average. However, because I put 35w 6000k HIDs in my fogs, I really don't need them to be all great. My fogs really light up the world without blinding oncoming traffic. Maybe I'll drop some 55w 5000K HID's in the projectors and see how they do. I'm thinking I just need to replace the projector with quality ones. But, hey, they do look great and get the job done.