DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake frank Ram View Post
I purchased my mopar CAI 3 months before they were out for $500 and installed first day it came out and it is amazing I love it. And on your top end speed 70-90 it is way faster than it was before
I would recommend it to any one
I have to agree with you....I really like mine as well....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 08-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 SLT Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black Gold
Rep:177
Whiplash has a spectacular aura aboutWhiplash has a spectacular aura about

two that i've investigated, i like the maximum isolation from engine bay idea....

the Mopar...i'm finding lots of suppliers on ebay, but none seem to have an image matching the one Chunkem is running even tho the model #s match up. Even the mopar site shows a different one in their pic
s&b list two months in late '12 as not working with their model, and possible issues with the snorkel and accessories such as the tow hooks

quest is ongoing
Old 08-07-2013, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

That price is just absurd.

Grub out!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:46 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram RT
Trim Level: RT
Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Rep:136
ValleyRacer will become famous soon enoughValleyRacer will become famous soon enough
Default Don't fall for that remark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
I read somewhere on here that the OEM intake on our trucks can provide perfectly for up to 500 hp, Take into consideration that the OEM intake is a CAI and was designed to be very efficient.
Don't fall for that remark. People come up with statements like this on all car forums for every brand and model.

It's just a comment tied to the anti aftermarket cold air cultists.

No one has a graph or dyno-results showing the up-ramp to 500 HP and where HP begins to fall off with the OEM intake.

No one has any volumetric calculations or air flow data to support the remark either.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram RT
Trim Level: RT
Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Rep:136
ValleyRacer will become famous soon enoughValleyRacer will become famous soon enough
Default Holy Maple Leaf!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwagon View Post
Just called the stealership too find out the cost of the Mopar cai for my 2013 sport. Seems they have it sorted out now and are selling them.....
$808.00 +.13% tax here in Ontario Canada
I'm sorry but that's insane for what it is.
Too many other options out there for MUCH MUCH less that do the same thing
Once again the powers that be have dropped the ball
Don't even waste that kind of Canadian dinero on a MOPAR CAI.

Have a look at SPECTRE intakes for pricing in your area until something is figured out for a better buy.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:33 AM

Vehicle: 2013Express,2014 Charger R/T
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:39
roo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleyRacer View Post
Don't fall for that remark. People come up with statements like this on all car forums for every brand and model.

It's just a comment tied to the anti aftermarket cold air cultists.

No one has a graph or dyno-results showing the up-ramp to 500 HP and where HP begins to fall off with the OEM intake.

No one has any volumetric calculations or air flow data to support the remark either.
The stock intake does look much better than allot of other manufacturers stock setups. I can't imagine it is much of a restriction for the HEMI at WOT, the worse part of it is the crap inside the fender where the snorkel mates to.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:10
HemiExpress2013 is on a distinguished road

Actually, Hemi heads are capable of flowing over 230 cfm stock, supporting 525HP... Since the heads are where it all takes place, any upgrades surrounding and complimenting them will increase your HP & TQ in this naturally aspirated engine... But, if you go to big, with more volume, you lose velocity thus killing you HP and TQ... go with a 90mm TB with intake supporting that 90mm flow, swap cam out with greaer llift but same 119 degree lobe separation, that increases HP TQ throughout RPM range... CIA has to also flow and accept 90mm... ARH longtubes with 200 cell cats or better, don't go larger than 17/8 tubes ... Swap out muffler with your noise and flow rate... Gear changes(4.55?) and torque converter swap... Get a tuner that allows you to turn everything of , including rev limiter... change your tires out to a speed rating that supports 175mph... Hmm, just a suggestion...

From Allpar: "The 2 inch ports flow 270 cfm at .600 inches of lift, with peak flow at .375 inches. At .250, the stock head also had excellent flow. The exhaust port hits 161 cfm at .600 lift, with a 1.55 inch valve. Both have unusually good velocity and distribution throughout their range - even compared with a Chevy LS6 engine. The engine apparently takes well to simple porting."

Last edited by HemiExpress2013; 08-15-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-25-2013, 06:23 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I just did a drop in K&N filter. Works good so far and was a lot cheaper. The cai alone just doesn't provide enough of a difference to justify the money unless I had a show truck and oped the hood. I have a volant on my ls1 trans am but also a cam, long tubes, stall, tune and too much to list. But just the volant didn't make any real difference by itself.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Knightheart is on a distinguished road

I just purchased a Volant CAI from autoanything.com and paid about $340. It says it can add up to 18hp. So far I like it and I can tell it added power and it sounds great.