DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by awo1aggie View Post
Yea I look on VOTS and it shows that it is still scheduled for production. Dealer says it is in D1 status which is in production according to him and it already has that ship date. Looks like we should be getting ours about the same time.

I need my truck now, so I can get my boat down to your part of the state for some fishin!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2014 2500 Megacab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black gold Pearl coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
awo1aggie is on a distinguished road

yea there is plenty of good fishing down here. I live where the bay and the Potomac meet which makes it fun.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:37 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

It's been 6 weeks since my new 2500 mega cab tranny died on 7/21 after I drove it home from the lot and no transmission from Chrysler sent yet! So the dealer ordered me a new '14 8/27. He said 6-8 weeks but if it's done like the replacement transmission I don't expect to ever see it. Since ISG is handling the swap the dealer hopes they can speed it up but talking with them it'll be a wonder if it is built at all. Not impressed. Ed
Old 08-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 2500
Color: Silver
Rep:133
BAB will become famous soon enoughBAB will become famous soon enough

It absolutely astounds me that ANYONE would say "4 months" from order to delivery of a US made truck (well even if it came from Mexico). That is absurd. For one thing, the only way they make money is to have someone take ownership of a vehicle. So, the faster they build and deliver the more money they make. A couple of years ago I ordered a M-B S550. That car is ONLY made in Sindelfingen, GE. My car was delivered 5 weeks from the date I ordered it and it had to be shipped from Germany to the US. Granted they aren't pushing them off the assembly line by the thousands, but that car has three tiimes the content and complexity of a RAM. I have purposely not checked on the progress of my RAM build, though I did get a VOTS update today that said "Paint" -- I hope they didn't rush that process.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
It absolutely astounds me that ANYONE would say "4 months" from order to delivery of a US made truck (well even if it came from Mexico). That is absurd. For one thing, the only way they make money is to have someone take ownership of a vehicle. So, the faster they build and deliver the more money they make. A couple of years ago I ordered a M-B S550. That car is ONLY made in Sindelfingen, GE. My car was delivered 5 weeks from the date I ordered it and it had to be shipped from Germany to the US. Granted they aren't pushing them off the assembly line by the thousands, but that car has three tiimes the content and complexity of a RAM. I have purposely not checked on the progress of my RAM build, though I did get a VOTS update today that said "Paint" -- I hope they didn't rush that process.
Hello...welcome...interesting vignette....cept neither RAM nor any other mfg is dependent upon consumers buying anything...at least not up front...those vehicles, including ordered ones, are invoiced to the dealers theyre shipped to...which is why dealers can owe millions in "floorplans"...the ordered ones get picked up almost immediately, for obvious reasons...the others can sit there for a year or more...which explains the so-called rebates and incentives....

Second, i wish American mfgs had the same attitude towards their role in life as a smaller European co might..quality wise too...Chrysler suffered from the same crisis the others did (cept possibly FORD)...of course, being privately held, their "numbers" were some what of a mystery...good luck to you...mine took 54 days from date of order to physical receipt...and im happy as a clam with it...mechanically AND appearance wise...

the only complaint i have now is their computer system is as effed up as it ever was, whether that VOTS, or the "owners site"...I can log in, but it insists i own a Jeep,, because it hasnt been updated to allow for 2014s yet....
Old 08-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 2500
Rep:133
BAB will become famous soon enoughBAB will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info, Yankee. There are brands that do not extend credit to dealerships "up front" -- some require a very significant up front fee before they will even build. Lamborghini for one. (Don't ask me how I know this...) It's too bad during the Daimler/Chrysler days that some of the M-B focus on customer service didn't transmit to MOPAR. A lot of damage was done during those years, particularly to Mercedes. Having said that, I am VERY excited about getting my new truck. Will be replacing my '08 S550 by the end of the year, so we'll see if they are as good at building to order in 2013 as they were in 2008!
Old 09-01-2013, 12:56 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
It absolutely astounds me that ANYONE would say "4 months" from order to delivery of a US made truck (well even if it came from Mexico). That is absurd. For one thing, the only way they make money is to have someone take ownership of a vehicle. So, the faster they build and deliver the more money they make.
Actually, they get paid when a vehicle leaves the factory. Not when it's sold to the end user... They're selling to dealers.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:24 AM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Color: Bright White
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Picked up 14 Laramie yesterday. Took only a week to ship it and drop off to Dealer. Took Dealer 5 DAYS to release my truck!! Chrysler switched the Trucks FREE OF CHARGE no Differences So I got to keep all my rebates. I had to Buy Gas up to Dealer and back to switch which was about 239 miles one way.CHEAP ASS DEALER GAVE A TRUCK ON EMPTY! Never buy a vehicle from Dellen Dodge/Ram in Greenfield Indiana.

The 3.92 gear is nice! The MPG on way home went from 12mpg to 18. in 239 miles and was still climbing! The 13 Laramie with 3.21 got about 18 MPG over all in the 3600 miles I drove it. The 14 Laramie got 16.9 already when I rolled driveway, so its going to be the same. The Front Tire Rub on 13 Laramie when lowered all the way to exit is GONE on the 14 Laramie.

Chrysler done all that I asked and very satisfied with them. Only thing they made me do was go back through the idiot DEALER!! DELLEN CHRYSLER in Greenfield Indiana.