DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
I think skytop is exactly right. If you are spending this kimd of money cs should be at its highest level. I have had the exact same experience and so has many others
FWIW...which is exactly nothing in cyber...I actually got someone in CANADA once...i have no idea how...there are a number of pho numbers to customer service, just play around in the websites, especially down towards the bottom of them in that "fine print area", and google....some go to different depts 'in the building"...at least one obviously didnt...I spoke to an "older" woman...said she was with em for many years, was incredibly helpful and cooperative...that was when my BIGHORN morphed into an OUTDOORSMAN....she helped me file a complaint ...an actual official complaint, with a file number...(so there is another level to speak to but I have no real idea how to get to it) she even called ME back on a SAT AM to inquire what had happened....

I can assure you that most of the time I got everything from "your vin doesnt exist in my system" to boiler plate responses "helping me" read exactly what was in VOTS with no additional info. When either of those happen, you might as well hang up, because your call is OVER.....As to the last, several times i called back IMMEDIATELY after getting one of those, spoke to a different CS rep, and got all kinds of additional info...Obviously it depends on who you get, and how they feel...they even apologized (some of em) for making me wait while they accessed "different systems"....obviously, if the phone answerer (I wont dignify tTHOSE types with the title of CS REP) doesnt feel like doing that...well...see my advice re hanging up....

I dont live in a world of cyber kudos and stuff...it doesnt add .01 to my bank balance, nor make me "feel" better....In in here because of a shared interest in 2014 RAM 1500 quadcabs....thats as far as it goes...

This morning, i had a most pleasant experience with CS...I decided i wanted the hardcopy of all the stuff on the DVD...I didnt feel like printing it...and taking a manuaL OUT TO THE GARAGE AND GETTING GREASE ON IT IS SOMEWHAT COMFORTING....no problemo at all...and the young man even helped me decipher an issue with my radio...told me that the manual is WAAAY more informative than the thing that comes with the truck....but, for the last time, and for the newbies (which I was not very long ago) and others, when you order that thing, and plunk down yer dough, and tens of thousands more, and expect a "high level" of CS, dont for a minute thinK that all of us who had a shall we say, a different experience, are either PITA's, or picky, or "something"....

Now, fortunately, i can go back to playing with my toy....

Im just glad I got mine, i feel for the boyz who are still waiting and cant get anything like "good" info....there but for the grace of God...etc etc....
Old 08-29-2013, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

You can read my gripe in the general discussion about 65 mile transmission~~~. I agree completely and called #2 guy Doug Betts, senior vp quality and got his rep. I wanted to tell him about his quality when my new transmission had a jelly like substance and metal in it. CHRYSLER HAS DONE NOTHING!!!!!! If it wasn't for my service department director I'd be waiting for a new transmission going on 7 weeks. My dealer ordered me a new '14 mega cab on 8/27. Lemon law wouldn't do anything. I understand your anger completely. I've had some 8 Rams and you can bet this is the last - cuz I'm 65 and don't need a company ignoring me like this. Ed
Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
...and taking a manuaL OUT TO THE GARAGE AND GETTING GREASE ON IT IS SOMEWHAT COMFORTING....
Yes it is! I love thumbing through manuals with greasy thumb prints, my greasy thumb prints, all over them. It's a great feeling working on your own truck.

Sorry to hear about the issues y'all are having. *raising my wobbly pop* Here's to y'all getting your problems solved in a timely and satisfactorily manner! Salute!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM & 2014 RAM (ordered)
Trim Level: Laramie Limited(s)
Rep:20
JCC11 is on a distinguished road

I feel Skytop's pain, and agree that it isn't right.

However, I think this gives us some insight into the RAM business model which is:

**RAM does not look at the end purchaser as their customer. RAM views the Dealership as their customer.
**Ram views the end purchaser as the Dealership's customer.

RAM sets up a Customer Service department as a courtesy, but probably sees it as a necessary evil. It is not a full service department. They want the end purchaser to deal exclusively with the Dealership on all matters. They provide minimal service on purpose, forcing you to your dealership.

Just a side thought here... With the assumption that this is true, all purchasers should be very careful when shopping. So many Forumz members go dealership to dealership shopping for best price, thinking RAM will have their back if the SHTF. While what they should be looking for is the dealership with the highest levels of integrity, ethics, and customer service, because this is who you will be dealing with for all questions and problems down the road.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC11 View Post
I feel Skytop's pain, and agree that it isn't right.

However, I think this gives us some insight into the RAM business model which is:

**RAM does not look at the end purchaser as their customer. RAM views the Dealership as their customer.
**Ram views the end purchaser as the Dealership's customer.

RAM sets up a Customer Service department as a courtesy, but probably sees it as a necessary evil. It is not a full service department. They want the end purchaser to deal exclusively with the Dealership on all matters. They provide minimal service on purpose, forcing you to your dealership.

Just a side thought here... With the assumption that this is true, all purchasers should be very careful when shopping. So many Forumz members go dealership to dealership shopping for best price, thinking RAM will have their back if the SHTF. While what they should be looking for is the dealership with the highest levels of integrity, ethics, and customer service, because this is who you will be dealing with for all questions and problems down the road.

and that sportsfans, is one of the most insightful posts ive seen in awhile, couldnt have summed it up better......I couldve got mine a tad cheaper...but i actual felt comfortable walking into the local guy...and when it comes to dealerships, Im about as cynical as anyone.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
blackpearldodge is on a distinguished road

Living up here in Canada, I had a very similar "Customer Service" experience. Let me tell...
A couple months after I took delivery I noticed my truck was missing the glove-box lamp and underhood lamp. These are things that should have been included in my truck. So..I call Customer (Lack-of) Service. The people (yes, more than one) I spoke to offered very little assistance, but most of them agreed my truck should have had the lamps installed during the initial build. But that's where the "help" ended. They offered nothing more than excuses. They finally came back and said "they have the right to change the specs without notice." So... at some point in time the gods that be at DODGE decided the SPORT didn't come equipped with these 2 lamps. I argued and argued...it was one sided. My dealership couldn't help me out as they needed authorization from Dodge.
I had no option but to let this slide.
The kicker. A few months later I get a notice in the mail stating my truck should have had these lamps in the build. WTF!?

I certainly didn't get anywhere with the CS (Canada) reps.

<EDIT>
One more thing: Each time I called in I spoke to somebody new. Each time they needed to become "acquainted" with my file, asking me for details. That became tiring, awfully quick, too.

Last edited by blackpearldodge; 08-30-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM & 2014 RAM (ordered)
Trim Level: Laramie Limited(s)
Rep:20
JCC11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
and that sportsfans, is one of the most insightful posts ive seen in awhile, couldnt have summed it up better......

Thank you for that, Yankee....
Old 08-31-2013, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 limited crew
Trim Level: limited
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
teflon74 will become famous soon enough

lmao u guys say that's the most insightful post you've seen, yet you are all assuming that the experience skytop had is the norm and 100% correctly reported! sorry guys I could post all day long about how awesome the dealings I have had with them have been. Teflon
Old 08-31-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon74 View Post
lmao u guys say that's the most insightful post you've seen, yet you are all assuming that the experience skytop had is the norm and 100% correctly reported! sorry guys I could post all day long about how awesome the dealings I have had with them have been. Teflon
"you guys" didnt say it...I said it...and i agree with him....and it IS the most insightful and representative post re my customer service and VOTS experience during the order process....and, mainly, explains alot....otherwise THEYD FIX IT!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Sport Crew
Rep:26
dodgehemi0 is on a distinguished road

Dude I will tell you from experience Ford is worse. Google ecoboost problems and you will see what I mean. Good luck with you purchase.