DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 PM
ramit355's Avatar
ramit355 ramit355 is online now
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Beaver,Ohio
Age: 58
Posts: 450
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
That's pretty quick.



Looks like that's exactly what's going to happen with my 13.
As my well documented paint issues and NAV screen going black 24 hours after I got my 13, Chrysler has told me they'll contact me this week but have apparently approved a buy back and I can get a 14.
I just wanted to know how long I was going to have to wait after I order a 14, which is apparently going to be this week.
btw, did you have issues with your 13? And if so, did they compensate you for your time and troubles? I've had my 13 for over 6 weeks, but haven't really driven it at all, since I have no radio/sat, NAV, or bluetooth. So it kind of ticks me off I've had to make payments and insurance payments for a truck that's just sitting in my garage.
Sounds like your going down same road I did. My 13 was fine except for the gear Ratio on my Sticker was 3.55 but I got a 3.21. Chrysler offered to replace both Differentials (4WD) or buy back by Cash or Trade. I asked to trade out with Chrysler being fine with the Trade back.

Chrysler requested me to go through same WORTLESS Dealer and I agreed. Chrysler told me 4 to 6 weeks and did as they said they would. They gave me sticker back on mine with me actually paying 8800 under sticker when I bought the 13. They let me have the 14 for exact same price and let me order Skid Plates, Trailer Tow Mirrors and LSD 3.92 Ratio with -0- charged to me. I paid no difference and no Tax!!

The 14 sticker was 1000 higher than the 13 with another 1000 worth of options. I put 3600 miles on the 13 while waiting on the 14 and made my payments to bank whole time.

Chrysler treated me PERFECTLY and allowed all for my time trouble. I would buy Chrysler again with no problem. The dealer SUCKED as they offered to do nothing other than change gears out on a new truck.

I have had 3 Rams before the last Issue with no problems or even in shop during all three times!! Ram is an excellent truck with no issues.Chrysler made a mistake and tried very hard to make it right with me for a bad situation for both Chrysler and I.

I hope your trade out goes as well as mine did.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Driver72 Driver72 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 311
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep Power: 0
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit355 View Post
Sounds like your going down same road I did. My 13 was fine except for the gear Ratio on my Sticker was 3.55 but I got a 3.21. Chrysler offered to replace both Differentials (4WD) or buy back by Cash or Trade. I asked to trade out with Chrysler being fine with the Trade back.

Chrysler requested me to go through same WORTLESS Dealer and I agreed. Chrysler told me 4 to 6 weeks and did as they said they would. They gave me sticker back on mine with me actually paying 8800 under sticker when I bought the 13. They let me have the 14 for exact same price and let me order Skid Plates, Trailer Tow Mirrors and LSD 3.92 Ratio with -0- charged to me. I paid no difference and no Tax!!

The 14 sticker was 1000 higher than the 13 with another 1000 worth of options. I put 3600 miles on the 13 while waiting on the 14 and made my payments to bank whole time.

Chrysler treated me PERFECTLY and allowed all for my time trouble. I would buy Chrysler again with no problem. The dealer SUCKED as they offered to do nothing other than change gears out on a new truck.

I have had 3 Rams before the last Issue with no problems or even in shop during all three times!! Ram is an excellent truck with no issues.Chrysler made a mistake and tried very hard to make it right with me for a bad situation for both Chrysler and I.

I hope your trade out goes as well as mine did.
Wow that's great to hear.

But I'm a bit confused on a few things you wrote.

You said you agreed to trade the 13 for the 14, but you said Chrysler gave you back "sticker" price but you paid $8,800 under sticker for the 13?

Does that mean you pocketed $8,800 out of the deal?
Then you said you got a 14 which was $1000 higher and got an additional $1000 worth of options on the 14 over the 13?


I think the rep is going to call me tomorrow as he said he wanted to take care of this early this week, when he spoke to me on Friday.
My thought process was that I'd also order a 14 with at least the Tonneau Cover on it that my 13 didn't have for my troubles.

Further, since I haven't been able (or willing) to drive my truck for the past 7 weeks without a radio/nav/bluetooth, I'd like Chrysler to credit me for my first two months of payments as well as insurance.
On top of that, clearly if I have to order my 14, it's going to take 6-8 weeks to come in.
I don't want a truck that does not have a working radio/nav.
So either they have to give me a loaner vehicle for the 6-8 weeks or compensate me some other way for my loss of vehicle use.
On top of that, I've taken the truck to two dealers to get it "fixed" and both times have had issues so a new radio has never been ordered.
It was two days of wasted time and trips for me.

I'll see what the rep says tomorrow, but if you can, clarify what you meant in my questions above, I would appreciate it.

Thx
__________________
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 with LSD and 3.92's
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 with LSD and 3.55's -GONE-
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 PM
JamesL JamesL is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 41
Posts: 146
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road
Default

Let me help you clarify a few things. First Chrysler isnt going to compensate you for anything. They will offer to take your truck back and give you a new truck with the exact same options PERIOD! You will be told to pick out the truck you want and if has more optioms than yours you will be asked to pay the difference. You will also HAVE TO pay the difference in sales tax. You may also be asked to pay mileage from the time you bought the truck until the time it went to the shop the first time. Do yourself a favor and dont convince yourself you are going to get this or that for your troubles. It is not goimg to happen. I know because I am going through it now
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:23 PM
ramit355's Avatar
ramit355 ramit355 is online now
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Beaver,Ohio
Age: 58
Posts: 450
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Wow that's great to hear.

But I'm a bit confused on a few things you wrote.

You said you agreed to trade the 13 for the 14, but you said Chrysler gave you back "sticker" price but you paid $8,800 under sticker for the 13?

Does that mean you pocketed $8,800 out of the deal?
Then you said you got a 14 which was $1000 higher and got an additional $1000 worth of options on the 14 over the 13?


I think the rep is going to call me tomorrow as he said he wanted to take care of this early this week, when he spoke to me on Friday.
My thought process was that I'd also order a 14 with at least the Tonneau Cover on it that my 13 didn't have for my troubles.

Further, since I haven't been able (or willing) to drive my truck for the past 7 weeks without a radio/nav/bluetooth, I'd like Chrysler to credit me for my first two months of payments as well as insurance.
On top of that, clearly if I have to order my 14, it's going to take 6-8 weeks to come in.
I don't want a truck that does not have a working radio/nav.
So either they have to give me a loaner vehicle for the 6-8 weeks or compensate me some other way for my loss of vehicle use.
On top of that, I've taken the truck to two dealers to get it "fixed" and both times have had issues so a new radio has never been ordered.
It was two days of wasted time and trips for me.

I'll see what the rep says tomorrow, but if you can, clarify what you meant in my questions above, I would appreciate it.

Thx

Hope this helps explain it for me...I bought my 2013 with 6800.00 off the sticker price with rebates and dealer cuts. So the 13 sticker price was like this:

2013 Ram Laramie
49635.00 Sticker Price
(-6800.00) in cash ,rebates etc.
42835.00 Is what I paid.

2013 did not have Limited Slip Dif. (325.00 Option)
Did not had Skid plate Package (150.00 option)
Did not have Tow Mirrors. (330.00 Option)
Did Not have 3.92 gear. (50.00 option)
Spray in Bed Liner (475.00 option)

2014 Ram Laramie
50720.00 Sticker Price
(-49635.00) credit for 2013 Laramie Buy back.
1085.00 I should have owed Chrysler the Difference.
Chrysler paid the Difference for me.
The above options That were NOT on the 13 are now on the 14 at NO CHARGE to me for a total of 1330.00
Plus the 6800. I got in cash rebates.
Plus the 1085 Chrysler Paid for me.
1085.00 +1330.00 +6800.00 = 9185.00 I never paid.

Chrysler sold me the 14 with all options I wanted for same price (by paying my increased difference of 1085.)from the 13. They allowed me to drive my 2013 until the 14 arrived I just could not pull my camper with 3.21 gear.

In my case the mistake cost me a summer of camping but Chrysler never charged me for all I wanted on a 14. The trade was -o- out of my bank account sticker for sticker and replaced the mistake Chrysler made. Its okay on my part Chrysler done a fine job with me.

I will buy a Ram any time again or a Chrysler Product with no questions asked.

Last edited by ramit355; 09-02-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Driver72 Driver72 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 311
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep Power: 0
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit355 View Post
Hope this helps explain it for me...I bought my 2013 with 6800.00 off the sticker price with rebates and dealer cuts. So the 13 sticker price was like this:

2013 Ram Laramie
49635.00 Sticker Price
(-6800.00) in cash ,rebates etc.
42835.00 Is what I paid.

2013 did not have Limited Slip Dif. (325.00 Option)
Did not had Skid plate Package (150.00 option)
Did not have Tow Mirrors. (330.00 Option)
Did Not have 3.92 gear. (50.00 option)
Spray in Bed Liner (475.00 option)

2014 Ram Laramie
50720.00 Sticker Price
(-49635.00) credit for 2013 Laramie Buy back.
1085.00 I should have owed Chrysler the Difference.
Chrysler paid the Difference for me.
The above options That were NOT on the 13 are now on the 14 at NO CHARGE to me for a total of 1330.00
Plus the 6800. I got in cash rebates.
Plus the 1085 Chrysler Paid for me.
1085.00 +1330.00 +6800.00 = 9185.00 I never paid.

Chrysler sold me the 14 with all options I wanted for same price (by paying my increased difference of 1085.)from the 13. They allowed me to drive my 2013 until the 14 arrived I just could not pull my camper with 3.21 gear.

In my case the mistake cost me a summer of camping but Chrysler never charged me for all I wanted on a 14. The trade was -o- out of my bank account sticker for sticker and replaced the mistake Chrysler made. Its okay on my part Chrysler done a fine job with me.

I will buy a Ram any time again or a Chrysler Product with no questions asked.
That clarifies it perfectly and is kind of what I'm hoping for.

My 2013 Laramie had:
$49,720 MSRP
$41,250 Price I paid

It had every option I basically wanted except Tonneau Cover.

I am expecting for my troubles that I will order the 2014 Laramie in a new color (solid white) and would like to add the
Tonneau Cover
Chrome Side Striping

an addition of about $750 at no additional cost to me, a straight
trade for trade.

But since, unlike you, I don't feel I can really drive my 2013 (and basically haven't for the 7 weeks I've owned it, other than an occasional 2 mile trip to the store).
Why? Well driving a vehicle with no radio/satellite/Nav or bluetooth absolutely blows, and is not safe when needing to talk on the phone too.

I even took my 3.5 year old in the truck to the store and he asked, "daddy can we listen to music?"
When I told him we can't because it's broken, he said, "can we get it fixed."
I said, "i'd love to, I think we are getting a new truck." LOL

So, because of my inability to really use the truck for the past 2 months, I'd like Chrysler to reimburse me for my first two months payments and cost of insurance.
They can do that by reducing what I owe on my truck by that amount.
It's that simple. If they push back, they'll have my lawyers contacting them.
I'm a fair guy, and expect the same, if someone or something tries to screw me over, I won't play West Hollywood on them and just bend over and take it. Especially not from a company that has a lot more money than me, and took our money to bail them out of trouble.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll let you know soon what the outcome is.
__________________
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 with LSD and 3.92's
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 with LSD and 3.55's -GONE-
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 PM
JamesL JamesL is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 41
Posts: 146
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road
Default

I dought your radio or bluetooth not working will be seen for as justification for not driving your truckbut if it works for you please forward me your attorneys name and number
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Driver72 Driver72 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 311
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep Power: 0
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
I dought your radio or bluetooth not working will be seen for as justification for not driving your truckbut if it works for you please forward me your attorneys name and number

Sorry you've had an issue.
I have not had to use an attorney yet.
However when the Chrysler rep told me I could be driving my truck, it was a simple explanation that:
1. I don't have NAV in it, and when I do go places I very often need to enter an address. I'm not going to do that in my phone and try to hold my phone and follow directions on that thing.
2. My whole life I've always listened to radio (now satellite) while I drive to keep me entertained. Taking it away is like taking a television or computer away from someone in their home and expecting them to sit in their living room each evening starring at a wall while relaxing.
3. I have kids and I do not talk on the phone or text while driving, I am responsible. Not only do I not want to kill myself, I don't want to kill someone else. I will only talk on the phone on bluetooth. And since I have to occasionally talk on the phone while driving, not only business but also speak to my wife about personal things or kid related issues, I can't safely do that without bluetooth.

Therefore my truck is essentially useless to me.

He said, "ok, ok, I understand, no need to explain further."

If they want to change their minds and argue those facts and safety issues, they can argue it to my attorney. And I also work in the media, so they can explain it to millions of people that they don't support using bluetooth while driving and are ignoring customers and the public's safety and encouraging people to drive and talk/text on a phone and not on bluetooth while driving. They'd have fun with that one I'm sure, and it would be far costlier than paying my couple months payments and insurance. I'm confident they'd quickly see that.
__________________
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 with LSD and 3.92's
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 with LSD and 3.55's -GONE-
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:45 PM
JamesL JamesL is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 41
Posts: 146
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road
Default

Don't get me wrong I am not saying you should not be upset or don't have a real issue. I am just saying don't get your mind set on something. Have you read the story about the guy on here that took delivery of his new truck with no transmission fluid in it and it has been I think seven weeks! Have you spoke to ISG yet? In my situation I can not get anything out of them. I could not even get them to let me take 13 in stock with less options because it was 400 more but ultimatley gave me a 14. At this point I am not really sure what my responsibilities will or will not be. I was told from the beginning to expect to pay the mileage and the tax difference. That is not alot of money and parts of me does not even see why they are worried about it. Dealer says I should be happy regardless because I am now getting a 2014.

All I am saying is I would not expect to go out of it ahead but hopefully at least whole. You need to talk to ISG not the dealer. They make the decisions
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Driver72 Driver72 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 311
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep Power: 0
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
Don't get me wrong I am not saying you should not be upset or don't have a real issue. I am just saying don't get your mind set on something. Have you read the story about the guy on here that took delivery of his new truck with no transmission fluid in it and it has been I think seven weeks! Have you spoke to ISG yet? In my situation I can not get anything out of them. I could not even get them to let me take 13 in stock with less options because it was 400 more but ultimatley gave me a 14. At this point I am not really sure what my responsibilities will or will not be. I was told from the beginning to expect to pay the mileage and the tax difference. That is not alot of money and parts of me does not even see why they are worried about it. Dealer says I should be happy regardless because I am now getting a 2014.

All I am saying is I would not expect to go out of it ahead but hopefully at least whole. You need to talk to ISG not the dealer. They make the decisions
Is ISG Impartial Services?
If so, that's who I'm dealing with and that rep is the one who specifically told me, "I have more ability than anyone at Chrysler, and I am in a position to compensate you for your time and troubles."
I believe he is scheduled to call me back today to discuss further.

I'll let you know what comes of it.
Thanks for heads up.
__________________
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 with LSD and 3.92's
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 with LSD and 3.55's -GONE-
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-03-2013, 02:11 PM
JamesL JamesL is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 41
Posts: 146
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
JamesL is on a distinguished road
Default

Yes that is them. One thing I was told is they get paid to settle the account with you. The least it cost dodge the more they make. That may be bad info and it sounds like at least you are talking to a friendly person. My contact would not even answer any of my questions. In fact she interrupted me and said " I am here to make you a offer to resolve this and that is it" no friendlyness about her
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum