DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: silver
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:15
gutzglory is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
The plane in my avatar is a WW11 T-6 Texan fighter pilot trainer owned by North American Top Gun Fighter Pilot School. Anybody can fly them with the stomach and the right amount of money. I don't have a license but would love to get one. SkyThrills is my next venture, you should try it if you like flying...it's a blast. I've done dog fighting and extreme aerobatics a couple of times. For the ultimate I want to do some extreme world aerobatics championship flights in a bada$$ Pitts S-2C....ultimate rush, nothing like it. http://vimeo.com/9082721
Ah yes the Texan the Air Force uses that as one of their trainers along with the T38. I haven't had much experience with them but I do with the T38. I am a air traffic controller so I am a bit familiar with aviation. Haven't been up in a T-6 but I have in a few different air frames. I am not sure if I can stomach the aerial g's of extreme aerobatics though.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

I think anyone can as long as they are somewhat physically fit. It's not as hard as you think. You would have be extremely over weight and out of shape not to. I've pulled pos 6 g's and 3 neg g's. It's easy to grunt and tighten your stomach during positive g's but harder in negative. You're floating during one neg G and have little control of your body. You can still do aerobatics with minimum g's have a blast. One of the ladys in the vid sounded like she was having an orgasm and she was only pullling about 4 g's and 0 negs, lol. Anyway, I just saw today that a T-38 went down killing the pilot (captain in the service) and injuring a crew member...sad day. I would love to fly a T-38...wow. I like your job, you're a special man with a lot on your hands. Don't count yourself low, gutzglory goes good with your job. EDIT: btw, the Asian guy in the video that was collapsing in his seat was pulling close to 6 g's and looks like he purposely wasn't tightening his stomach. I think this was put on just to show the affect of g's to impress people. I've seen videos of 500 mph Red Bull pilots pulling 9 g's and looking better than that.

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 07-19-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Color: silver
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:15
gutzglory is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
I think anyone can as long as they are somewhat physically fit. It's not as hard as you think. You would have be extremely over weight and out of shape not to. I've pulled pos 6 g's and 3 neg g's. It's easy to grunt and tighten your stomach during positive g's but harder in negative. You're floating during one neg G and have little control of your body. You can still do aerobatics with minimum g's have a blast. One of the ladys in the vid sounded like she was having an orgasm and she was only pullling about 4 g's and 0 negs, lol. Anyway, I just saw today that a T-38 went down killing the pilot (captain in the service) and injuring a crew member...sad day. I would love to fly a T-38...wow. I like your job, you're a special man with a lot on your hands. Don't count yourself low, gutzglory goes good with your job.
Well I am pretty fit I try and do crossfit as much as I can due to my crazy schedule. I have heard of the techniques of tensing up when dealing with aerial g's. Yea definitely sad to hear. Accidents dont happen too often but it is sad when they do. T-38 are fun but they slide a lot.

My job can get pretty crazy at times but thankfully I have the skills to do a pretty good and effective job at ATC safety and expeditious flow of traffic. I have pretty much done it all radar approach control, en route, and tower. Mainly approach control though. Also have controlled all sorts of airframes due to my service in the states and down range in iraq and currently in afghanistan. From fighters, to heavies, to light fixed wing, to helos, to UAV's and sequencing them all to 1 runway lol. Now that is the tricky part.

Thanks for the kind words. I may have to get a ride someday and do some more intense aerobatics.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie 8spd Hemi
Color: Prairie Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
staples is on a distinguished road

Its alright ...I'll stick with my ride
Old 08-14-2013, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Rep:47
shears is on a distinguished road

I saw this up in Bloomsburg Pennsylvania a couple weeks ago at the 4 wheel Jamboree. Don't know why anyone would actually buy it unless they are a die hard superman fan, but it's still cool IMO.
6" BDS Lift, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 18x9 XD Addicts, FlowMaster Super 10, S&B Cold Air Intake, Solar Gard 20% window tint, WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats, Debadged, Plasti-Dipped Grill and rear ram head emblem, Tow hooks
Taking Donations for more mods...
Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew-Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black over Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:31
Hardware is on a distinguished road

I like it...

MODS: BAKFlip F1; Head Rack; WeatherTech mud-flaps, vent visors & bug deflector; Cabella's rear seat cover; cabin air filter; Geno's Grill Quick Release Kit, PIAA Xtreme headlamps (Highs, Lows and Foglamps), WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Max Steel
Rep:30
DuceTheCapo is on a distinguished road

I really like this truck
Old 09-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Color: Silver
Rep:10
cflbuckeye is on a distinguished road

I kind of dig it!
Old 09-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:38
knobert is on a distinguished road

looks cool, but to buy one you need to be a superman fanboy. this forum has way better trucks on it
Old 09-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 5.7L hemi
Trim Level: 1500
Color: Black
Rep:177
brondondolon has a spectacular aura aboutbrondondolon has a spectacular aura about

the superman truck is a cool design in my opinion minus the superman badges. the second ram though is an abomination. It looks like if a international cxt and a chevy ssr had a one night stand and 9mo later had a ba$tard child lol
S&B CAI, Y-pipe muffler delete, Diablo intune, Hemifever, custom tune, 180 thermostat, BT oil catch can, smoked, tail light and 3rd breaklight, 5000k retrosolutions 55w HID headlights and fog lights, LED in all exterior lamps, red calipers. Future mods: 87mm TB, 3000 stall torque converter