DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:32 PM
ScoMo ScoMo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 43
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:60
ScoMo will become famous soon enough
Default Response from Retro Solutions. Is this correct?

I had emailed them in regards to buying hid's for my heads and fogs, asking what I would need exactly. I told him that it was the 2013 with factory projectors. I didn't think that two separate kits had to be purchased for low/high beams, but he says otherwise. Also I've heard you shouldn't run 55w in the fogs. Does anyone else have experience with these guys or have ordered exactly what I am looking at and can help out with a parts list?

THANKS!

Thank you for that clarification! Here are the links and selections for what you will need for your particular vehicle application:
Head Lamps
35w DIGITAL headlight kits:
http://****************.net/product-info.php?35W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid663.html
-OR-

55w DIGITAL headlight kits (30%-40% more output):
http://****************.net/product-info.php?55W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid664.html
Please select "9012/HIR2" for low beams, the color of your choice (see below) and for vehicle application, "Dodge Ram 2013+." No bulb capping is required for this application.

For the high beams, the same item will also need to be added to your cart again as a second item, however with the "9005/HB3" bulb selection instead.


Fog Lamps
35w DIGITAL fog lights:
http://****************.net/product-info.php?35W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid748.html
-OR-

55w DIGITAL fog lights (30%-40% more output):
http://****************.net/product-info.php?55W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid746.html
Please select "9006/HB4" for fitment, the color of your choice, and "Dodge Ram 2013+" for application. Here we would suggest the bulb capping service as the factory fog lamp housings do not have built in bulb covers.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Asur Asur is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,850
Gender: Male
Vehicle: .
Rep Power: 14
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoMo View Post
I had emailed them in regards to buying hid's for my heads and fogs, asking what I would need exactly. I told him that it was the 2013 with factory projectors. I didn't think that two separate kits had to be purchased for low/high beams, but he says otherwise. Also I've heard you shouldn't run 55w in the fogs. Does anyone else have experience with these guys or have ordered exactly what I am looking at and can help out with a parts list?

THANKS!

Thank you for that clarification! Here are the links and selections for what you will need for your particular vehicle application:
Head Lamps
35w DIGITAL headlight kits:
http://****************.net/product-info.php?35W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid663.html
-OR-

55w DIGITAL headlight kits (30%-40% more output):
http://****************.net/product-info.php?55W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid664.html
Please select "9012/HIR2" for low beams, the color of your choice (see below) and for vehicle application, "Dodge Ram 2013+." No bulb capping is required for this application.

For the high beams, the same item will also need to be added to your cart again as a second item, however with the "9005/HB3" bulb selection instead.


Fog Lamps
35w DIGITAL fog lights:
http://****************.net/product-info.php?35W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid748.html
-OR-

55w DIGITAL fog lights (30%-40% more output):
http://****************.net/product-info.php?55W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid746.html
Please select "9006/HB4" for fitment, the color of your choice, and "Dodge Ram 2013+" for application. Here we would suggest the bulb capping service as the factory fog lamp housings do not have built in bulb covers.
The list of information you have been given is correct. You have 3 sets of lights on this truck, low beam's, high beam's and fog lights, each set requires 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, and 1 wire harness, so in the end you need 3 kits. The fog lights you can if you wish go without a harness, I have seen other members set them up without, but I would myself still go with a wire harness, HID upon lighting draw a good amount of amperes, once on they use up less for the amount of light output, 55watt for the lows is sweet, Fogs I would go 35, but seems from the info they gave you 55 is also possible. As for the high beams, I would leave them stock. Thats just me. Hope this helps
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM
06 BigHorn's Avatar
06 BigHorn 06 BigHorn is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Western PA
Age: 44
Posts: 558
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:153
06 BigHorn has a spectacular aura about06 BigHorn has a spectacular aura about
Default

RetroSolutions 55w 5000K headlight kit in mine
__________________
It's a truck, not a cream puff
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Stump3r's Avatar
Stump3r Stump3r is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Morinville, Alberta
Age: 46
Posts: 12,850
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep Power: 12
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of
Default

I'll second what Asur said. Go with 55 watt lows and 35 watt fogs and you will be set. The high's IMO don't need to be done as they are more than bright enough.
If you go without the wiring harness you will require anti flicker modules for all the ballasts.
__________________


Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:01 PM
ScoMo ScoMo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 43
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:60
ScoMo will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
I'll second what Asur said. Go with 55 watt lows and 35 watt fogs and you will be set. The high's IMO don't need to be done as they are more than bright enough.
If you go without the wiring harness you will require anti flicker modules for all the ballasts.
Don't they come with wiring harnesses?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-04-2013, 05:34 PM
06 BigHorn's Avatar
06 BigHorn 06 BigHorn is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Western PA
Age: 44
Posts: 558
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:153
06 BigHorn has a spectacular aura about06 BigHorn has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoMo View Post
Don't they come with wiring harnesses?

Nope, best to spend the $ now & make it easier
__________________
It's a truck, not a cream puff
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Alter Ego Trip Alter Ego Trip is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 114
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Limited
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:42
Alter Ego Trip is on a distinguished road
Default

Here's my usual rant. Please don't put HID lights in your fogs without a proper projector. I can't stand people who drop an HID light in a regular reflective housing and blind the hell out of oncoming traffic.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:33 PM
ScoMo ScoMo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 43
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:60
ScoMo will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 BigHorn View Post
Nope, best to spend the $ now & make it easier
Can I purchase the harnesses through retro or do I have to get them from somewhere else?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:12 PM
brandonjansen's Avatar
brandonjansen brandonjansen is offline
Lifted Cummins Fanatic


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 5,726
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego Trip View Post
Here's my usual rant. Please don't put HID lights in your fogs without a proper projector. I can't stand people who drop an HID light in a regular reflective housing and blind the hell out of oncoming traffic.
As long as they're aimed down properly they won't blind all the on coming traffic. Most people just don't take the time to aim their headlights and fog lights after HID installs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoMo View Post
Can I purchase the harnesses through retro or do I have to get them from somewhere else?
Retro sells all the stuff you'll need.
__________________

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-15-2013, 03:56 PM
ajbwmn ajbwmn is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alberta Canada
Age: 26
Posts: 10
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Stone White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
ajbwmn is on a distinguished road
Default

I have retros 35w 8000k's in my fogs and 55w in my lows and highs. Very bright and very nice kit. I had to buy the capacitor relay for my low kit as i was having flickering problems occaionally. Some people say dont get the highs but they project the light alot further than the lows so i like them on the highway. Only thing i dont like is waiting for them to warm up haha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum