DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the late reply! I can't pull them off my truck because I don't have the stock tail connectors anymore! I sent them off with my first set of LED tails. Oops...

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Thought I'd post since I haven't for awhile, even though I have nothing new to report. I am going through withdrawals. Life dealt me an interesting event last week.. a long time issue I've been dealing with finally led my doctor to surgery. So, with my left hand in stitches, I'm a little down on not being able to do anything with my truck. I can't even wash her, lol! (Not allowed to get my wrapping wet.)

But at least I did finally get my front license plate bracket issue taken care of. With the helpful suggestions of other members, I was able to track down and install a pair of chrome carriage bolts for the front bumper. Looks nice with those holes filled now. Not completely flush, but closer than the bullet looking set a local parts store kid tried to convince me I needed. LOL!

And I figured out which pictures I'd like to submit for calendar consideration. Husband and I were planning on taking her out into the wilderness for some action shots - even though he doubted my willingness to get her muddy - but in light of my surgery (and the subsequent drugs), I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make that photo shoot work. Ah well. We'll still do it, just not before the deadline comes.

So, I'm here just passing time.. sitting on the couch rather than out and about with my beauty. Hope the doctor's estimation of 4-6 weeks won't take too long to go by. I'd like to get her washed up before winter hits, lol!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Z funambulist

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Rep:3227
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you are under the weather, Kai. Get well soon!!!!! (LMAO @ "willingness to get her muddy!)
Old 10-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Not much to report, just want to pop in since I haven't posted in a bit. I just haven't been able to do anything with my Ram, other than drive her to physical therapy appointments. Which, don't get me wrong, I still get that adrenaline rush same as the first day I drove her home every time I hit that pedal on the right.

Still trying to track down a shop willing to go 35% on my front windows. It's not like I'm wanting to go limo or anything. Sheesh. They act as if to install 35% in a 43% light transmitting law state would be like signing a death warrant. It's not like they would be responsible for any ticket I might never get. Good grief. But I am also not about to install my own with one of those cheapo eBay tint kits. No thanks. I'll leave it to the pros. Now if I could only find a pro with a backbone...
Old 10-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

the guys i have do my tint will only do the darker tint if they come to your house, they wont do it in their shop. I guess that way you cant prove they did it. seems weird to me but whatever. might help you track someone down

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 10-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: TANK
Color: Gloss Black Bedliner
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:159
aparini has a spectacular aura aboutaparini has a spectacular aura about

you could always get it done on an out of state trip..... i vote Best Buy...as they are probably the largest chain that has lifetime warranty on tint.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Ram Ham

I have located a shop up north willing to do the job for me.. quoted me $90 for both front windows (35%) and an eyebrow strip (not sure yet what % I should go on that.. any suggestions?).

They said they'd do it for me if I pay cash - hence, no paper trail that could lead back to them, I suppose. Only problem with that shop is the distance from here to there.. it's close to a 2.5 hour drive one way.

I got a quote a few months back from a local shop.. $90 for both front windows at legal limit with no eyebrow strip. Waiting to hear back from them so I can see what they'll quote me for the same package as up north. I'd prefer to stay local, obviously.

What do you guys think? Is $90 cash a good deal for 35% on the fronts and an eyebrow strip? Would it be worth the drive?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: TANK
Color: Gloss Black Bedliner
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:159
aparini has a spectacular aura aboutaparini has a spectacular aura about

i believe thats a good price. i think i payed 70 at best buy for just the front two windows. when i had my 2001 f250.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew Cab
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:483
Silvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of light

I was surprised my new Laramie Longhorn Limited didn't have chrome tow hooks.

*** US Army Retired - 11B40 - 1964/'85 ***
Old 10-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Ram Ham

Okay gang.. finally got some forward momentum on my USB ports issue today. I went in to have the dealership install the new updates for the software and Gracenotes made available 9/2/13. This is what happened....

(bear with me through this as I am not very good at repeating technical jargon..)

They connected my truck or radio to some computer. The computer scanned the VIN and displayed a message to the tune of "all available correspondence updates currently installed".. or something. Meaning, the radio does not recognize that the updates for the software and GraceNotes dated and released 9/2/13 as available.

Turns out that my loooooong time battle (started in February!) over the USB ports not working is most likely causing (according to the techs) the radio to not recognize or allow any updates.

As of 30 minutes ago, they have submitted a request for a new radio under warranty. They say it usually takes around 1 week to receive the new unit (apparently this is not the first time they have had to order new radios) and that I will be contacted once it arrives and then they will spend about an hour switching the defunct for the new.

THEN, we will try to install these updates (if the new unit arrives without them pre-installed). They suggested not wasting money on buying CDs or DVDs and trying to install these updates myself as it is highly unlikely that they will work.

Also, depending on the software installed on the new unit, they will then order the new Navteq update available as well. My current, defunct unit has version 4.2.1 installed and they said that makes it eligible for this update. However, they are holding off until the new unit arrives.

All in all, a positive day at the dealership. I didn't get the updates installed but I did get a few steps closer to closure on the USB ports ordeal. And a new radio unit is on its way. Not many complaints here, for now. (Except for I wish they could swap it and get me a 430N instead.. but it seems that is a swap I will have to accomplish on my own as they said as much as they would love to do that for me.. Chrysler LLC is extremely strict about replacements.)