DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1993 Dakota
Color: Black
Engine: 1992-1991 239ci (3.9L) Magnum V6 180hp
Rep:11
GuyGene is on a distinguished road

Well, Ed, glad them boys in Southaven were good about helping you! I'm thoroughly confused with all this mess you went through, but, did are you now getting a '14 just like ye '13 for $400 more? Cain't wait to see pics!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

It wasn't Southaven I bought from, but I was glad my dealer seemed to step up. Got my reimbursement check yesterday so they Chrysler did good by that. 2nd week into 2nd month and no one seems to want to pick up this payment. So the night of the 20th they called to say new truck - yea.. Talked Wednesday and Thursday - yea. Friday told they would order it Monday - yea. Heard from no one Monday - not yea... ISG said my 5/100000 isn't Chrysler so they won't do anything about that. I was told I'd have to cancel that then rebuy it. I say - hey - someone up that thing to 8/120000 AND cover this $400 increased price. I'm out of a truck and I have to pay more? If they do let me drive my truck after the new transmission gets in I still can't put my 5th wheel mount in it so moving the trailer is going to not happen for at least 3 months. So that's where I am now. Tell'em anything then leave.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:48 AM

Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)

AH HA!! Got a call at 9:00 about my new truck. It's cost to me went from $400 to $750!!! Chrysler keeps digging the spurs in and kicking for that penny. I told the dealer it was too much and I'd have to talk with the wife about this. Then called the lemon law attorney again, and of course had to leave a voice mail. So I text my Chrysler rep. This is unreal and I'll get stuck with this truck still - IF they ever send a transmission. I'm shaking I'm so mad.......
Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:221
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

You'd think they could eat that $350 and stick to the original $400 difference.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:57 PM

Lemon law attny called and said the 38 days wasn't good enough and I'd still have to take the truck, then have to take iT in at least 2 times before they'd take the case. So I'm sunk. Tried to get Chrysler to up the 5/100000 to 8/120000 but it's not a Chrysler warranty! So they can't touch it, it's through the dealer. I have to pay the $750, and that's it. So I told the dealer to order it. If I took the "old" truck you know it wouldn't even burp for the 1st year and then the lemon law certainly wouldn't touch it. So maybe this ISG can move the process along - LIKE I BELIEVE THAT FOR A SECOND!!! And like everyone else ordering I'm looking for it in some 8 weeks. And I'm waiting on a transmission for the truck - they said I could drive that - can't keep me in a rental. This ought to be sex because this is the most expensive and longest S'in I've ever had....
Old 09-01-2013, 04:48 PM

Thursday Aug 29 at 5:45 I got the call the transmission got in. GREAT, but his tranny guy was out and it would be Tuesday Sep 3rd before I could get it!!! So why rush the guy on a holiday weekend, I've been beated down and no need getting more nuts now. So I'm waiting for Tuesday to roll along, hope the tranny guy had a nice holiday and is refreshed to get this done. Hey, my Medicare and Tricare for Life started today. No need strokin and putting it to the test!!! I stopped in to actually see the tranny Friday and there it was, still in it's box. We opened it like it was a new pony!!! Tiny lil thing! and only 6 weeks to get it. They build the trucks in that time don't they?? 6-8 weeks. The dealer did say my truck had moved up in the production line - after ordering it Tuesday?? Maybe ISG can push a little - as long as they don't get me more jelly..... I'm looking forward to driving the truck Tuesday - but buying the tags now for Mississippi - $1204 plus the 5% penalty that they said they'd drop once they could see and verify the mileage. 65 miles plus their test driving and my drive home for the 2nd time - WHEW...
Old 09-01-2013, 07:06 PM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Good luck man, and look on the bright side. you could be ME only able to afford a 2010 4.7l LOL. Now you'll have a brand new truck!!!!
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 09-04-2013, 04:44 PM

September 3rd they got the transmission in. I left their lot at 4:30, got it home and washed it. Drove it for 75 highway miles at 4am and just listened to it. It was absolutely perfect. Quiet, smooth, everything before the code dropped July 21st. So I'll drive it a bit then park it and wait for the 2014 to come in. Hope they matched it - this sure is a nice truck, shame one AH S*^^#%^* erases all atta boys.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:02 PM

Forgot to add in the last reply - my dealership has been just fantastic during this. The service director, service rep, salesman, and store general manager couldn't have done more waiting for a transmission to be shipped. Now if I can just get my 5/100000 bump to bumper increased - my warm fuzzy feeling needs some extended comfort...
Old 09-04-2013, 05:25 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Here's to the 14 being more quiter, more smoother, and more gooder.