DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:26
toober is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsredram View Post
As far as the key getting stuck when you turn it off. Its happened to me a few times. Simple fix. Make sure the console shifter is resting when you put it in park and then turn the key to the accessory to release the key lock, sometimes the lever would get stuck pulled toward the steering wheel.
I forgot about this. But yes. When you 'park' and turn the key off, the truck will not let you take the key out if you forgot to turn the rotary knob to Park. Sometimes I still do that where I will come to a complete stop. Do something in the truck with my foot on the brake and try to turn the truck off (and forgetting I was still in drive). It will flash the lights on it and display a message on the evic to let you know you forgot something for about 5-10 seconds. Then it will let you pull the key out. I have found it is quicker to turn the truck back on, rotate the knob, turn truck off than to wait for its messages to finish.

Is it that difficult for manufacturers to tell the computer instead of keeping the key, to automatically put the vehicle in park FOR YOU, technology, hello? Sheesh.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

So far so good with my 13 Bighorn, nary a problem, other than a questionable shifting transmission.

My last P/U, an 09 Sierra was nothing but a lemon. I replaced the motor at 12,000 km's, replaced to fuel sending units, had a rear door that would not close unless slammed, but I dared not use it in the winter time, one wheel and tire replaced and they still couldn't get the wheels to balance, rubber shifter boot torn, front bumper valance skewed, leaked oil in the driveway, and the straw that broke the camel's back was this past spring, both side body panel trim was peeling from the truck!
(Truck only had 56,000 km's on it when I traded it in and I no longer trusted it)

Like what has already been mentioned, it doesn't matter what you buy these days, Ford, GM, or Ram, they all have issues and the only thing you can hope for these days, sadly, is when you roll the dice, you hope you get a good one.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: tradesman
Color: silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
lukeott is on a distinguished road
Default Sorry

Sorry this upsets you and so glad your truck has no problems, but it is what it is. I can tell you I'm not a wealthy man and spending this kind of money is very difficult. With this said, I'm not making a false statement. My wish would to not have to say this about the truck, I sure can't just go buy another truck. I kind of was forced to buy a new truck because of the older truck was killing me with repairs, so I bit the bullet and bought new so I would not have any problems. Instead the new truck is in the shop more then the old one, and that's the plain truth of the matter. No blankets here. I joined this site for info and to keep updated with issues and my thought is, I can stay quite or report problems so others can share solutions or state the same problems with the idea it might lead to answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
OP its unfortunate that you got a lemon. I did not, and neither did a lot of other members with 2013s. Please do not let your frustration cause you to make patently false blanket statements like the title of this post.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: tradesman
Color: silver
lukeott is on a distinguished road
Default Your right

Your right, I know. Goes in the shop tomorrow and I got my fingers crossed. It's just the idea that it's new and not acting like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Luke. And I can see your frustration in the title. Count to ten and give the dealership a chance to make it right.

Yeah, I have to do that too. I'd love some new cleavage, er... um a new Ram, but my 05 has run like a champion and treated me so good. She's got a lot of life left in her (the Ram, too) so I'd hate to give up all that life and take on another truck payment.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

For fueling, try rotating the handle to the 3 or 4 o'clock position.

On the CEL, it seem s 50-60% of '13 CTD equipped trucks are getting hit. It's usually emissions related... Most seem to be getting the light because of regen frequency... It's happening more frequently than it should... Check with your dealer to see what the code is and ask if you can reset it yourself, until there's a fix...

Manual tranfercase shifter??? You're the 1st I've heard that had a problem with it.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame red
Rep:134
Okieram will become famous soon enoughOkieram will become famous soon enough

I am the new guy on the block. Only had mine since the 23 of August but not a problem in 1100 miles. Gas is 21 mpg solid but I do more highway than city. The sweet spot for me is 65 mph with 5.7 crew cab 4x4. The only truck I had that would return that mileage was my 2011 3.7 Ford super cab. So far good
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Rygi is on a distinguished road

Not sure about the other two problems but your check engine light should go off once the leak in the tube going to your tank is fixed.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
NanoEngineer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
OP its unfortunate that you got a lemon. I did not, and neither did a lot of other members with 2013s. Please do not let your frustration cause you to make patently false blanket statements like the title of this post.
What are you smoking? He's right, they are lemons, my 2013 has a laundry list of problems, vibration, blank screen 8.4AN, dash lights stay on 24 hrs a day, rear view mirror constantly sags and needs adjustment, condensations in all the lights. If thats not a lemon what is? I'm lucky it even starts right now. Blanket statement that.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Brugandy
csdavis62 is on a distinguished road
Default SO far so Good

I have a 2013 3500 DRW with the HO Cummins and the Aisin transmission. Ours is the Longhorn loaded version and so far @ 1500 miles it has been perfect. I hope it continues and feel your pain.....
Old 09-04-2013, 11:45 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeott View Post
Sorry this upsets you and so glad your truck has no problems, but it is what it is. I can tell you I'm not a wealthy man and spending this kind of money is very difficult. With this said, I'm not making a false statement. My wish would to not have to say this about the truck, I sure can't just go buy another truck. I kind of was forced to buy a new truck because of the older truck was killing me with repairs, so I bit the bullet and bought new so I would not have any problems. Instead the new truck is in the shop more then the old one, and that's the plain truth of the matter. No blankets here. I joined this site for info and to keep updated with issues and my thought is, I can stay quite or report problems so others can share solutions or state the same problems with the idea it might lead to answers.
Luke, you are exactly right. Do not let folks get you down. This forum is for posting your woes, your rants, your concerns, your successes, and anything else Ram you can think of, so post until your fingers bleed. But know this, the Ram is a great truck with proud owners. Sure, even Rams have their issues, but overall, it's a great truck. And sometimes those prideful owners take opinions and reports, or in your case, frustration, a little too personal. We, the majority, are here for you and are pulling for you and your truck to be happy. So don't sweat it, Dood, this is exactly the place you want and need to be.