DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

The PIAA's are a great bulb and are much better than stock, HOWEVER for me they still didn't deliver enough light thus my move to HID's. The PIAA's are certainly worth trying and you maybe satisfied with their output.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I must agree with Stump3r, the PIAA's are nice bulbs, expensive but very nice, but HID's are just sweet. And with the projectors even sweeter.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
Raz6200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Retro solutions has great products, as for the email time, its normal, they are very busy, They will need to know what kind of headlamp you have because this will determine what they will need to sell you. There are 3 types of OEM headlight units on the 2013, Dual (this ia a unit that only has one bulb, that bulb is both your high and low beams), Quad ( this unit has 2 halogen bulbs, one for your low, and one for your high) and Projector ( this unit has 2 halogen bulbs, one that is located behind a magnifier lens, this is your low beam and one for your high beams, bulb only) With this information they will be able to quote you what you need. You can also look at a few posts here where they will list the parts you need to order from retrosolutions for your type of housing. Hope this helps
Thanks. What is the typical lifespan on the bulbs? And from every mechanic I talk to I am told not to do it. They say the housings aren't made for these bright bulbs and it will damage the actual housing over time eye to the brightness. Has anyone else had this issue with these bulbs?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
The PIAA's are a great bulb and are much better than stock, HOWEVER for me they still didn't deliver enough light thus my move to HID's. The PIAA's are certainly worth trying and you maybe satisfied with their output.
The PIAAS will be here on Friday so I guess I'll try those first. Anything has to be better than stock. I'll keep you posted. How long have you had your HIDs? Any issues with the housings being damaged by the brightness of the bulbs?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:14 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz6200 View Post
The PIAAS will be here on Friday so I guess I'll try those first. Anything has to be better than stock. I'll keep you posted. How long have you had your HIDs? Any issues with the housings being damaged by the brightness of the bulbs?
I've run my HID's for over a year in my 11 and have only had them in the 13 for a couple of weeks now. Asur would be the guy to ask this question to as he has had his HID's in the 13 housings longer than I and for that matter maybe any of us. I haven't had any heat issues or other problems with the fog housings or the headlight housing. Hopefully Asur will chime in as well. HID's with these factory projectors are awesome, I love mine and will not go back to halogens....EVER

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
I've run my HID's for over a year in my 11 and have only had them in the 13 for a couple of weeks now. Asur would be the guy to ask this question to as he has had his HID's in the 13 housings longer than I and for that matter maybe any of us. I haven't had any heat issues or other problems with the fog housings or the headlight housing. Hopefully Asur will chime in as well. HID's with these factory projectors are awesome, I love mine and will not go back to halogens....EVER
Which Hids did you end up getting?