DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Rep:10
pgianna is on a distinguished road
Default Ally Bank Info

I have been reading about Ally bank financing. I am not clear exactly how this works. Do you finance through your Ram dealer? Where do find out about incentives if you finance through Ally. I see posts where people got a $3000 cash incentive to finance through them. Is that regional thing, I live in New Hampshire.
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:70
edge35 will become famous soon enough

Ally was previously called GMAC. If you finance through the dealer it will likely be through Ally.
6 speed (although the 65RFE is really a 5 speed), 3.55, air suspension, anti-spin, 20" Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires (aka crap), sunroof, Bakflip Fibermax & BakBox, bed extender, 8.4AN, black/cattle tan interior
Old 09-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1531
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I went through my Ram dealer. Ally's big thing is they do not have any brick and mortar banks. Call them and see what they are willing to do for you then go to your dealer and see if they can beat it.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 09-08-2013, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:159
CaptDuff has a spectacular aura aboutCaptDuff has a spectacular aura about

The dealer is just the middle man between you and Ally Bank. Basically the dealer gives ally your info and then ally comes back with what incentives they are offering. Check the ram website/watch commercials for what they are offering. But then make sure that those offers could changed based on your credit rating, how much you are putting down, and how many years you want to be paying it off.

Easiest way is just talk to a dealer to find all that out.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Limited
Trim Level: Limited
Rep:42
Alter Ego Trip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge35 View Post
Ally was previously called GMAC. If you finance through the dealer it will be through Ally.
Not any more. Ally was handling all Chrysler financing up until a few months ago. Chrysler has their own financing entity now (Santander). All supported rates and leases now go through them. If going conventional financing you can use Ally, or any other bank for the matter.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: Express
Color: Grey
Rep:17
Cheatham is on a distinguished road

STAY AWAY FROM ALLY, they financed my Ram in 2011, last year I called them to see about sending them money so I could lower my monthly payments, I spoke to a customer service agent and told her what I wanted to do and I started off with 8000.00 she did her figuring and told me that 8000 would get me into the 250/ month so I continued to ask and verify if this was correct and enough money and she continued to agree as I did not want any issuses once the cashier check went into the mail and in their hands, Well wouldn't you know it they lost it, then it was mis used as a monthly payment, then 3 months later they send me a statement of 340/ month, so I called and I called and I called and couldn't get the right ppl to get on the phone to discuss this mishap, they promised that the rebilling dept would call me and they never did, I even told them id fly to there headquarters if that's what it took to get this straightend out, so after 6 months I hired an attorney all the Attorney could do is get my money back and I did, ill stop here, so don't deal with that POS bank. Santander and ally are for ppl who don't have good credit that was what I was told by a retired gmac employee.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatham View Post
STAY AWAY FROM ALLY, so don't deal with that POS bank. Santander and ally are for ppl who don't have good credit that was what I was told by a retired gmac employee.
I will agree that Allys customer service blows. They also pulled some shady tactics with their leases a while back. I've leased a dozen vehicles from them over the years and after their BK, they put a tiny clause in the fine print that if buying or trading the truck, you had to pay an additional 2500 on top of the residual. That has since been removed (wonder why), but a whole lot of us got screwed out of 2,500. I will never do another loan through them.

Ally isn't for people with bad credit either. They finance the entire spectrum from 550 to 900. They just aren't as competitive with their rates as some other banks. Santander is a subprime bank, but that doesn't have to do directly with Chrysler. As I said earlier, all new Chrysler subvented loans go through them (and in turn Santander).
Old 09-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Black Gold/Silver
Rep:13
Tony Munari is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatham View Post
STAY AWAY FROM ALLY, they financed my Ram in 2011, last year I called them to see about sending them money so I could lower my monthly payments, I spoke to a customer service agent and told her what I wanted to do and I started off with 8000.00 she did her figuring and told me that 8000 would get me into the 250/ month so I continued to ask and verify if this was correct and enough money and she continued to agree as I did not want any issuses once the cashier check went into the mail and in their hands, Well wouldn't you know it they lost it, then it was mis used as a monthly payment, then 3 months later they send me a statement of 340/ month, so I called and I called and I called and couldn't get the right ppl to get on the phone to discuss this mishap, they promised that the rebilling dept would call me and they never did, I even told them id fly to there headquarters if that's what it took to get this straightend out, so after 6 months I hired an attorney all the Attorney could do is get my money back and I did, ill stop here, so don't deal with that POS bank. Santander and ally are for ppl who don't have good credit that was what I was told by a retired gmac employee.
For people with BAD credit. Holy shit, I'm in trouble then with my 795 score; who should I have used instead and still gotten $3000 rebate plus $4000 back for not financing enough ($18000 was too low so I was cut a check to bring the balance to $22000) to minimum they would finance with the rebate.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Munari View Post
For people with BAD credit. Holy shit, I'm in trouble then with my 795 score; who should I have used instead and still gotten $3000 rebate plus $4000 back for not financing enough ($18000 was too low so I was cut a check to bring the balance to $22000) to minimum they would finance with the rebate.
Who told you that? Most banks minimum amount to finance is $7,500. The only other minimum finance amount is if you are trying to get an extended term. If say I wanted to finance for 84 months to keep a payment low, a bank would have a minimum amount to finance to get there.