DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2767
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by loliverez View Post
Can you program your truck back to stock so it it doesn't void your warranty if you take it in for anything? I know Edge has that feature but no one has mentioned it for any other programer.
Yes you can do it.. I always put my truck back to stock when it goes in for service. Even though I don't have warranty and it is my uncles shop, it is just for the reason of incase they need to do something involving the computer.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 09-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Limited
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:42
Alter Ego Trip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly @ BP View Post
You most certainly can and is what we always recommend as well
I certainly like you guys, but you really need to stop passing on inaccurate information.

Yes, you can revert your truck back to stock at any time. Every time your truck is flashed it leaves a "footprint". Chrysler has asked for this record when doing warranty work in the past. If they see the truck has been flashed numerous times, they can and will void the warranty depending on what it's in for. And believe me, I've seen it happen.

Use the programmer at your own risk. You might find yourself in the "you break it you buy it" camp. JMTC.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego Trip View Post
I certainly like you guys, but you really need to stop passing on inaccurate information.

Yes, you can revert your truck back to stock at any time. Every time your truck is flashed it leaves a "footprint". Chrysler has asked for this record when doing warranty work in the past. If they see the truck has been flashed numerous times, they can and will void the warranty depending on what it's in for. And believe me, I've seen it happen.

Use the programmer at your own risk. You might find yourself in the "you break it you buy it" camp. JMTC.
My response was in response to his question of returning it back to stock. As in original back up
What we also tell our customers is to pick a tune and stick with it.
1-2 flashes won't raise as many eyebrows as 15-20
So yes, your response is right and but the tuner does not leave foot print indicating it was a tuner. However dealers are to stupid and can put 2 and 2 together.
This voiding of warranty is also dependent on dealers too. Some are more forgiving than others

but as you said.....use the programmer at your own risk
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
My response was in response to his question of returning it back to stock. As in original back up
What we also tell our customers is to pick a tune and stick with it.
1-2 flashes won't raise as many eyebrows as 15-20
So yes, your response is right and but the tuner does not leave foot print indicating it was a tuner. However dealers are to stupid and can put 2 and 2 together.
This voiding of warranty is also dependent on dealers too. Some are more forgiving than others

but as you said.....use the programmer at your own risk
Gotcha.

The problem is; it really has nothing to do with dealers anymore when it comes to Chrysler. Chevrolet pretty much looks the other way, and if the dealer chooses to push it through, there are no issues.

Chrysler is different. They request an ecm scan on the majority of warranty work. Dealer has no control. We submit a warranty claim and Chrysler chooses on how they are going to handle it. I can tell you; all it takes is one undocumented flash to cause problems.

The only way I can think of getting around this fully is to purchase a backup ecm which can be installed in place should you be really nervous about warranty. This new one would show 0 flashes.

It pisses me off that Chrysler operates this way; but it is what it is. That being said; as soon as they open up tunes for the 8spds, my current month old truck will have a tune on it.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Gotcha.

The problem is; it really has nothing to do with dealers anymore when it comes to Chrysler. Chevrolet pretty much looks the other way, and if the dealer chooses to push it through, there are no issues.

Chrysler is different. They request an ecm scan on the majority of warranty work. Dealer has no control. We submit a warranty claim and Chrysler chooses on how they are going to handle it. I can tell you; all it takes is one undocumented flash to cause problems.

The only way I can think of getting around this fully is to purchase a backup ecm which can be installed in place should you be really nervous about warranty. This new one would show 0 flashes.

It pisses me off that Chrysler operates this way; but it is what it is. That being said; as soon as they open up tunes for the 8spds, my current month old truck will have a tune on it.
Well thank you for educating me on this further

My dealer is mod friendly. I know of a few others that are and many that aren't.
But, this is still valuable info you presented.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:39
Mozeby is on a distinguished road

I've been doing a bit of research on the Diablosport stuff and I can't find a reason to choose the more expensive Trinity over the Intune. My biggest gripe with my Ram is the Torque management. As long as that feature is shut off, the other stuff is just gravy. Is there any difference in the canned tunes between the 2?
Old 09-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:39
Mozeby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gotcha.

Doesn't the hypertech interceptor get around this by not leaving any footprints? I know it installs underhood and comes with a canned tune, but the downside is no tunability or customization.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: 2 tone black and grey
Rep:10
JB2012ram1500 is on a distinguished road

I thought the big difference between the intune and the trinity was the engine monitoring and the tune changes on the fly. I could be wrong though
Old 09-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Bully's Performance

The biggest difference is the real time monitoring.
If you don't care for that, can tunes are the same.
InTune allows you to tune and store away
T1000 has the same functions but you can mount it on your A pillar, dash or windshield and create real time gauges
Old 09-08-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
The biggest difference is the real time monitoring.
If you don't care for that, can tunes are the same.
InTune allows you to tune and store away
T1000 has the same functions but you can mount it on your A pillar, dash or windshield and create real time gauges
Can the Intune upload custom tunes as well?

Edit: Nevermind. Just noticed they offer an interface kit to allow that.

Last edited by Alter Ego Trip; 09-08-2013 at 11:26 PM.