DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
86SN2001 is on a distinguished road

I bought my Dodge Ram at the end of July. I found a very nice looking 2012, flame red Express regular cab, 4X4. I traded in my 2006 loaded Silverado crew cab (which I miss greatly). The truck had 4400 miles on it and was on sale for $23,500 (or something close).

I got $17,750 for my Silverado (54K miles)...out the door, the difference was about $6,300 bucks. I am extremely happy with my truck. The ride, the power, the way it drives is fantastic.

I still love that Silverado, but this Ram is fun and flashy where the Silverado was very restrained and, well, slow.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:34 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86SN2001 View Post
I bought my Dodge Ram at the end of July. I found a very nice looking 2012, flame red Express regular cab, 4X4. I traded in my 2006 loaded Silverado crew cab (which I miss greatly). The truck had 4400 miles on it and was on sale for $23,500 (or something close).

I got $17,750 for my Silverado (54K miles)...out the door, the difference was about $6,300 bucks. I am extremely happy with my truck. The ride, the power, the way it drives is fantastic.

I still love that Silverado, but this Ram is fun and flashy where the Silverado was very restrained and, well, slow.
Welcome to the Ram club, 86!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Express QC
Rep:30
So Cal CPA is on a distinguished road

I've only had mine a week, but I LOVE IT! First full-size pickup (had a Tacoma 20 years ago in high school).

Love the power and the way it looks. Gas mileage is another story. Can't wait to hook it up to my travel trailer for a test tow.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013Express,2014 Charger R/T
Rep:39
roo is on a distinguished road

I have a 2012 Tradesman HEMI reg cab with 36000 miles and no trips back to the dealer, great truck! I just got a 2013 reg cab Express w/3.92's as a weekend toy and love it.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Quad Cab
Rep:98
Stusmobile will become famous soon enough

Just rolled 1900 miles on my QC Express. Really enjoying the truck and slowly adding a few mods to make it mine. Gas mileage is great compared to the old truck, comfort and interior are also very good. Ride quality, gear shifts and all round handling definitely improved. Overall I'm totally sold on the truck, a couple of things I'd change but that is personal preference and I'm not a truck designer anyway.

Minor issue with the radio/evic not saving power off settings, but at the end of the day that can be fixed on a warranty visit. Do not appreciate the headlights, actually seem worse than the lights on the Caliber we also have. Will be switching those out to HID's in a couple of weeks. If they are the only things I can find wrong then I'm not going to knock the truck itself. In the grand scheme of things they are piddling little issues than can be solved painlessly.

Had a good response at the dealer we bought from, at least once they realized I knew more about the truck than they did and knew pricing/rebates/trade in values. Initially it was an attempted hard sell trying to get us to buy X Y and Z but once we got to talking they quickly dropped that crap and started to listen. They did throw in oil changes for life on the truck and that was appreciated, didn't press for anything else as we were already close to rock bottom on price (22k off the lot with my 02 Ram as a trade).

Mods so far have been convenience items rather than performance, footwell LEDs, vent visors, mud flaps and bed cover. Step bars, rear LED strip and in bed LEDs should be arriving early next week. Truck is used as my daily driver with weekend trips and activities that can see me loading with food for 200, camping gear, archery gear for about 30 of us or as next week, fishing gear for a four day trip.