DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram Sport 1500 4.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Lynxcub is on a distinguished road
Default No Day Time Running Lights

Hi, Everyone!

I have a Black 2002 Dodge Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab 4.7 4x4 (112k miles) and have a electrical issue at hand. I'm not an electrical guy.

I did notice I didn't have a ground wire from cab to bed. So, I went to autozone bought a ground cable and put it on and still nothing. I had a dealer do some body work recently, which they had to take the bed off and apparently never put this cable back on that they cutoff without my knowledge.

My issue is that I do not have any day time running lights in front or rear. I also don't know if it has any connection, but I noticed my adjustable brake pedal, license plate lights, backup lights, and 3rd brake light are not working. I did replace the 3rd brake light, backup lights and license plate lights, so unsure why they still don't work. Everything else works fine; brake lights, head lights, fog lights, dash lights, and all interior lights. Nothing else is acting strangely.

I have checked all fuses and found none blown and checked all relays by swapping them out with other known working ones and all is good there. I have checked all wire connections to ensure they were plugged up tightly and moved wires around while lights were on to see if they would start working even around the hitch encase the dealer's body shop messed those up. Still nothing. I also checked all ground wires that I could locate.

I have replaced the brake light circuit boards (both and one of the sockets had a slight burn to it), head light switch, and every bulb (including head lights) that I could think of even if they were good, which all were.
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

My first thought is to double check all your fuses, both sides, to make sure you don't have a blown fuse.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram Sport 1500 4.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
Lynxcub is on a distinguished road

This evening I took the integrated power module off the side of my fuse box and it appears to be alright. I lifted the front control module up to ensure all wires were tight and in good shape. I did notice a wire going to one of the fuses has green corrosion in it. I guess my next step is to dismantle the front control module to see how much corrosion is inside of the FCM. I read somewhere that I could jump the relay with a wire and if taillights worked, then it is the FCM? Anyone know how to attempt this by running a wire to two of the prongs on the relay?