DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:99
TexasBorn will become famous soon enough
Default adjustable pedal mod?

Title says it all. I didn't get the adjustable pedals in my lonestar package, and was wondering, if at all, it would be possible to make this happen. And if so, has anyone done it and what would the job entail?

and an unrelated follow up question: a couple months ago, there was a thread where one user painted the antenna base (where the plastic is attached to the quarter panel) and i really liked the look of it but i can't find the thread anywhere. how to i get this plastic bit off and what kind of paint would i use? i suppose i could take it to a local body shop and just have them spray it and put a clear coat on it. it could possibly cost much

Thanks y'all
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Larime Limited 4X4
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:50
MTPete will become famous soon enough
Default Painting your antenna base

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBorn View Post
a couple months ago, there was a thread where one user painted the antenna base (where the plastic is attached to the quarter panel) and i really liked the look of it but i can't find the thread anywhere. how to i get this plastic bit off and what kind of paint would i use? i suppose i could take it to a local body shop and just have them spray it and put a clear coat on it. it could possibly cost much

Thanks y'all
To get the plastic part off: Unscrew your antenna and remove it. The little chrome ring that holds the base on has 3 slots in it. Since you don't have available tool 12345xyz the best way I have found is to get a drift punch as close to the size of one slot as possible. Lay the end of the punch in the slot and carefully loosen the ring (counterclockwise). Then remove it with your fingers. Lift up and off the black plastic part carefully. The antenna assembly is loosely hooked into the cutout in the fender. If that makes your nervious wrap some masking tape around the part that sticks up out of the fender to hold it in place.

Painting the part: Get some plasti-dip spray paint in the color you desire. Spray the part with at least 5 wet coats letting it dry in between (30 minutes). Then let the part dry overnight so it will be good and dry and put it back on the next morning. Use the punch to tighten it up.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPete View Post
To get the plastic part off: Unscrew your antenna and remove it. The little chrome ring that holds the base on has 3 slots in it. Since you don't have available tool 12345xyz the best way I have found is to get a drift punch as close to the size of one slot as possible. Lay the end of the punch in the slot and carefully loosen the ring (counterclockwise). Then remove it with your fingers. Lift up and off the black plastic part carefully. The antenna assembly is loosely hooked into the cutout in the fender. If that makes your nervious wrap some masking tape around the part that sticks up out of the fender to hold it in place.

Painting the part: Get some plasti-dip spray paint in the color you desire. Spray the part with at least 5 wet coats letting it dry in between (30 minutes). Then let the part dry overnight so it will be good and dry and put it back on the next morning. Use the punch to tighten it up.
Righteous. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:34 AM

Anyone want to chime in about modifying the pedals? Bueller?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I looked into this for another member a few months back and again it comes down to the problem that if you did not order it from the factory with it the truck is not equiped harness wise to accommodate the unit. Adding a harness after the fact is very expensive and not easy, usually not cost effective. That harness, time to add it in, the pedal unit etc just would end up not being cost effective for it to be done. JMO
Old 09-12-2013, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

It is pretty much impossible unless you are a Chrysler engineer in Michigan
Old 09-12-2013, 10:17 PM

I figured as much, just needed some confirmation. Thanks for the input! love these forumz