DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:116
jerseymike will become famous soon enoughjerseymike will become famous soon enough

Funny I always think the same way about Mexico. You can get anything down there and its super cheap. So what would happen if I tried to ship a part to Canada? Would it get stopped at the border? If I sent it Fedex or UPS? I have order products from Europe and they made it here.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black on Black
Rep:13
Horm is on a distinguished road

Stump3r, I'm with you on the Cherry Coke, it comes and goes here in Ontario and only in certain stores. It's the first thing I grab South of the border.
I agree too with the frustration on product launch delays to Canada, on the other hand we can benefit from the reviews of our eager friends down South before we pull the trigger.
Even the Canadian version of the big U.S. retailers (Walmart, Target) don't compare. We don't get the same deals, brands or selection they do.
Unfortunately I think the 10/1 ratio of supply and demand plays into things as well.
Like you say, the RAM loves a road trip every now and then anyway.
All that said, I am proud to be Canadian and wouldn't change it for anything!
We may not have the nice climates that our friends in the Southern U.S. have, but we sure have a beautiful country.
I just returned from a 2 week 6,000 km trip east (pulling a camper with the RAM) through Quebec, N.B., N.S., and P.E.I. what a great time and amazing scenery!!!
I've been to 9 of 10 provinces (still want to get to NFLD) and enjoyed them all, even the prairies are nice.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:41 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: White
Rep:10
jimwww is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to jimwww

You can ship almost anything to Canada - just be aware of duties and higher shipping charges. Using USPS to here will avoid courier charges. UPS charges 40$ min just to touch the package. USA retailers typically won't ship here for fraud reasons. They are missing out on 10% of their business. We are also not international shipping even though they call it that. 90% of Canadians are within a couple of hours of the border.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:418
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

I've got a buddy from Grand Falls, NB who comes down once a month or so. He whines about Canada. We got into a discussion comparing our money, I said his looked like Monopoly money, he brags, our $100 bills smell like maple syrup, so I sniffed the one with the queen of England, jee, this one smells like a 90 year old woman. So he says, what good are your $1 bills, just clog up your pocket book? I informed the lad, that's what we tip our strippers with, smell these= cheap perfume and boobies.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Borla duals, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf. 200,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 09-01-2013, 08:16 PM

Ha Ha.. 97% of usa dollar bills have traces of cocaine on them. ;-)
Yes our plastic money does smell like maple syrup. Yes Plastic.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Color: Burgundy
ladybug5638 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
RANT ON!!!
Same thing with some of the new plastidip. The guys that retail it in Canada do not have access to all the colors available stateside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
Oh and another product that we don't have up here that drives me sideways is Cherry Coke!
We fly out of Buffalo and make sure to swing past Home Depot and clean them out of black. I've heard they are now carrying a couple of colours so can't wait to check it out tomorrow. Paying $6 a can is much more reasonable than the $15-20 the stuff goes for up here.

Coke + cherry vodka= problem solved.

And I won't give up my Smarties or Coffee Crisp. Or Kinder Eggs.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:06 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

I love Canada.. But some of the rules and costs here are just silly.. I live an hour from buffalo.. So most people here will go down, buy new tires and get them mounted on and junk the old set.. Drive back across and save easily $600. I am going down for the weekend tomorrow.. Gonna be some serious plasti-dipp purchased.. And vanilla coke if they still have.

Oh yeah booze is real expensive here..But our beer is stronger then that water down there.. Can't tell if I am trying to get drunk or hydrate myself.
But in Ontario, the government controls all booze so it can't be sold at walmart, corner stores or gas stations. Just at the beer stores and LCBO (Liquor control board Ontario)... In myrtle beach south Carolina.. I got a 60 of whiskey at Costco for the same price of a 26er up here.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 09-13-2013, 03:21 AM

A lot of tax goes to health care in Canada. If Canada's health care system was a company then it would be number 3 in the world - right after Exxon and Apple.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Rep:1711
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug5638 View Post
Paying $6 a can is much more reasonable than the $15-20 the stuff goes for up here.
Yeah I understand a bit of an increased cost but when it is 3 times as much that is a little extreme. The cost of the plasti dip up here is the reason I haven't done it yet. I am afraid of the success of the project and just create more and more but at that price forget it!!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
Yeah I understand a bit of an increased cost but when it is 3 times as much that is a little extreme. The cost of the plasti dip up here is the reason I haven't done it yet. I am afraid of the success of the project and just create more and more but at that price forget it!!
I am down in Rochester New York with my family for the weekend.. So dar bought 5 cans of black at $5.98.. There may be more coming.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters