DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Product Reviews

Notices

Product Reviews Have you found a great product, or a really bad one and you just need to tell someone about it! Post up a review for the benefit of all!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

WOW this is bull!!. Make BD near WORTHLESS since it cost extra to re-sell. Greedy bastards!!

New policy should be effective on new purchases only, older sales with sales receipts should be void of this new policy. Never would have purchased a BD with this policy in place.

Must be what the mandatory update was about on the update agaent software weeks back. I saved my entire sd card before then. Wonder if replacing entire files will over write the firmware so mine can still be sold without the fee.

I want to dump my BD now just because of the new policy. Plus they cant seem to get the tunes correct with all these updates and it cost us all a ton of flash counts AND PINGING.

I hope word gets around and Bully Dog takes a beating in sales. The product is worthless now in my opinion. So is there a fee for re-sellinga a purchased BD sweat shirt or hat now too HAHA

I would post comments on their twitter and FB pages. Social media does wonders for thing like this these days.

HEY BULLY DOG, its time for a name and logo change!!

DOG SHIT

Last edited by naturecannon; 09-19-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 SLT Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black Gold
Rep:177
Whiplash has a spectacular aura aboutWhiplash has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
put eyes on it and they can make it their new mascot

i'm gonna mess with my sig for a bit
Old 09-19-2013, 12:05 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I saved my entire sd card before then. Wonder if replacing entire files will over write the firmware so mine can still be sold without the fee.
I want to try this also, not sure but think I have a bunch of old software and other files on my system, not sure I want to try it till I find another tuner that will work. If you do it, let us know if it worked, Please
Old 09-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Oddly enough the update agent never worked for new tunes..... until the one A016 tune which also involved the mandatory update firmware at that time period. Now that BD screwed us with new firmware locking BD no need for them to get the update agent working again for future updated tunes.

BD is just a bunch of dirty crooks!! Am sure they knew there would be outrage.

I wish I knew someone local with another dodge ram. I would like to place my older BD SD copy/backup back on and see if it would work with another Ram.

Now my BD purchase it worth less than half of what I paid..... If that, anyone in their right mind would stay clear of BD now. I WANT MY MONEY BACK BULLYDOG!!!! I MEAN, I want my money back DOG-SHIT!!!

When I get home tonight I will update the BD tune update stickie thread with a big warning for others.

Last edited by naturecannon; 09-19-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:49 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oddly enough the update agent never worked for new tunes..... until the one A016 tune which also involved the mandatory update firmware at that time period. Now that BD screwed us with new firmware locking BD no need for them to get the update agent working again for future updated tunes.

BD is just a bunch of dirty crooks!! Am sure they knew there would be outrage.

I wish I knew someone local with another dodge ram. I would like to place my older BD SD copy/backup back on and see if it would work with another Ram.

Now my BD purchase it worth less than half of what I paid..... If that, anyone in their right mind would stay clear of BD now. I WANT MY MONEY BACK BULLYDOG!!!! I MEAN, I want my money back DOG-SHIT!!!

When I get home tonight I will update the BD tune update stickie thread with a big warning for others.

Thanks, keep us posted, reps for trying to see if it will work.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:22 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
yes you can return to stock and then retune, you just can't go to another vehicle if its not un linked from the current truck.
Ahh, I see, so basically if you buy a new truck you either pay $250 to have it re-linked to your new ride, or you go tunerless and are stuck with a giant paperweight you can't sell.

Meh...I was never impressed with BDMS anyway.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 09-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn CC
Color: White
Rep:10
ncaabbref is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ncaabbref Send a message via Skype™ to ncaabbref

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
Ahh, I see, so basically if you buy a new truck you either pay $250 to have it re-linked to your new ride, or you go tunerless and are stuck with a giant paperweight you can't sell.

Meh...I was never impressed with BDMS anyway.
That's where I'm at...I am quite frankly close to smashing my Hemi Plus with a sledge hammer, filming it, and sending it to them an uploading on youtube...
Old 09-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:74
Swampmoose will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaabbref View Post
That's where I'm at...I am quite frankly close to smashing my Hemi Plus with a sledge hammer, filming it, and sending it to them an uploading on youtube...
I'll pay for a Diablo just to add my Bully dog to this video smashing.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:33 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: SILVER
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:78
texasmedic will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

ok so I`m going to play devils advocate here (well kinda) I find it funny all the people that are saying they want to get rid of there tuner or smash it with a sledge hammer. While I think it is a stupid policy it doesn't affect me or most of you at all unless you plan to sell it. As for myself I know I don`t go out to buy a $400+ with plans of selling it. If I get rid of my truck the tuner will go with it but I don`t see that happening anytime soon. So again I`m not sure why people are getting upset and want to get rid of something that works fine and they like it because someone has to pay to unlock it. I am still going to buy one on the 1st unless someone that is so upset over this wants to give there's away for free I would be happy it pay the 250 to unlock it
---Veraram---87mm PTB---2" leveling kit---3" PA Body Lift---Iron Cross Push Bumper--- 34 Inch LED Light bar---35x12.5 R18 Atturo Trail Blades---18" Black Ballistic Morax wheels---CB radio---Bullydog Tuner---Dash mounted GPS---
Old 09-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: tan
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
vwracing65 is on a distinguished road

i just found this post tonight. Which I would have gotten on the board last night before buying a used ( GT tuner ) one yesterday. Found out today that BD charges $250 to clear it... Now I've got one that I cant use. Anyone wanting to buy it for what I have in it ( $140.00 ) ? It's not that I needed it .. Just couldn't pass up the price at the time... But now I don't have the extra $250.00 to send it off.