DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7704jp View Post
Apparently the powers that be decided to take down my buyer beware post. That said I am very disappointed.
This is normal as the original threads was to get the most members aware of this perticular thread and so now most can find it all in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
That may be more to do with the fact that we now have a 'sticky' on the subject as to avoid multiple thread listings.

I don't think it's anything personal.

Nope, just a reconciliation of the threads, normal, thanks Grub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Also, BD are looking for a Beta Tester for the 2014 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi.

I hope nobody bites from these boards as a gesture of disapproval towards their route in this thread.
Agree 100%
Old 09-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Mozeby is on a distinguished road

Was sitting on the fence about a tuner, and was just about ready to buy the BullyDog. Not a chance now. F-U BD. Got 2 buddy's at work who just bought '13s. I'll steer them the same way. You're dead to me now BD.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

They finally have a manual.

LOL read page 47 about the reset fee, I call BS, its about the greed!!
http://www.bullydog.com/documents/40...structions.pdf

Quote:
in the past, our technical support department has
been flooded with people needing to reset their
tuners. Because of this, we were not able to support
the other people who needed help. The extra calls
were coming for two different reasons:

1. Despite our best attempts to educate customers about
the importance of uninstalling the tune before selling
their vehicle or having it serviced, people did not
remember or did not take seriously the requirement
of returning their vehicle to stock and were calling in
repeatedly.

2. Some dishonest people were installing the tune on multiple vehicles and calling in to have the unit reset in between each tune. The tuners are
designed to only be installed on one vehicle at a time.
Once the policy for the reset fee was created, the number of calls to request tuner resets was significantly reduced and we were able to
improve our support to everybody.

The reset process is relatively simple and a technician can help you complete the reset over the phone. See page 55 for more
information about contacting technical support

Last edited by naturecannon; 09-21-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:07 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Rep:294
SoCal Ram is a jewel in the roughSoCal Ram is a jewel in the roughSoCal Ram is a jewel in the rough

WOW!!! That made my decision an easy one. If I do get a tuner it will be Diablo W/Hemifever Tune. Thanks BD for making that decision much easier, LOL!
Old 09-21-2013, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:116
jerseymike will become famous soon enoughjerseymike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
They finally have a manual.

LOL read page 47 about the reset fee, I call BS, its about the greed!!
http://www.bullydog.com/documents/40...structions.pdf
OK. Now Im confused. It says the same thing as before. You can only run the tuner on 1 vehicle at a time. That you must uninstall from truck before being installed on another. I dont see where it says you have to unistall and still pay a reset fee??????
Old 09-21-2013, 03:58 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymike View Post
OK. Now Im confused. It says the same thing as before. You can only run the tuner on 1 vehicle at a time. That you must uninstall from truck before being installed on another. I dont see where it says you have to unistall and still pay a reset fee??????
That is the old information and they have not updated the manuals or the website with there new policy.

If you call BD and ask them they will tell you that you cannot move the unit to another vehicle unless you pay the $250 payment to have them clear the unit and then you can move it to another vehicle. Period, new policy, before, you could put your truck to stock and then sell the unit to someone else and they could us it with there vehicle, one vehicle at a time, like the manual stipulates, but now after this new policy, even if you put your truck to stock, the unit will not work on any other vehicle until you pay to have it cleared of your truck information. No where on the site or in the manuals does it say this yet, but if you call BD and ask them they will confirm the new policy, if you try to move your tuner to another vehicle, it will not work. If you try to use it on another one of your own cars, say a Challenger with a Hemi engine, it will not work, you need to pay them $250 to allow it to work on your Challenger, then if you want to move it back to your Ram 1500 Hemi, same thing, you have to pay them again $250 to clear it of the Challenger information so it can work again on your Ram Also, this only affects tuners that are for Chrysler Vehicles. If you have a BD tuner for your ford, or GM or whatever its like it used to be, this policy does not affect those tuners.

Last edited by Asur; 09-21-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Rep:39
Mozeby is on a distinguished road

Wait a minute. This doesn't make any sense. If the tuners were designed to be able to take a vehicle back to stock, and then work again on a new vehicle, How can Bullydog enforce or monitor this? The programmer is supposed to work one vehicle at a time. The description from the manual makes total sense. This other version doesn't.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 PM

BD setup a firmware update a few months ago, anyone that did the firmware update (this is most clients) now have a firmware that encodes itself to your present vehicles ECU, each ECU has its own identification number, same as the vin on your truck, its not rocket science, but enough said, just call them and ask them you will get your answer, ask for Lyle in sales, he will explain it to you what the new policy is, "if you want to un link your tuner from your truck to sell it, or use it on another vehicle, you will need to contact Bully Dog and pay them 250$ to do it." its that simple, this is not the policy that if you forgot to put your truck back to stock and the dealer updated your ECU, its if you put your truck bsck to stock and now you want to go to another vehicle to use it on, it wont work till you pay them to clear it of your ECU from the truck you took it off of.

For Sales call 940-783-9914 M-F 8am to 5pm MST.

you can also read this thread about the same subject

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153146

Last edited by Asur; 09-21-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:116
jerseymike will become famous soon enoughjerseymike will become famous soon enough

Ok. If this is true, I see a Class Action Lawsuit in their future. I bought a tuner that could be un-installed then transferred to another vehicle. Not a $500 paper weight. They will be getting an earful from me next week.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:44 PM

Yup, I have the same thing, bought it and actually asked about how to use it for more than one truck, they had explained to me the whole thing, was easy as cake, now I called them last week and spoke to Lyle in sales, he confirmed the new policy and also said he himself thought it was not a good policy, I told him they would see many customers go to diablo if they kept that policy in place, he said nothing I can do, but asked that I email him the forum links of what people were saying and he would forward them to the top brass at BD. I have been doing this, his email is

lyle.r@bullydog.com

I am eventually going to try and down grade the firmware (I kept old downloads from BD) and see if I can get it to the old software and try it on another truck.