DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram MPG Zone

Notices

Dodge Ram MPG Zone Discuss your MPG woes and helpful hints here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500 laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
stryker2012 is on a distinguished road
Default MPG with Mods??

Hey I`m new on here and need some help! I have a 2010 1500 hemi that is lifted with mud tires. I am interested in adding exhaust, intake and programmer . Does anyone on here have these mods on this year truck ?? I am wondering if there is a MPG gain or loss due to less back pressure and more fuel being dumped cuz of programmer?? Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2013, 12:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

You will notice an increase.. Nothing crazy but there will be one. With my 08 I noticed a slight increase with my S&B intake..Nothing jaw dropping but noticiable. My Flowmaster super 44 didn't cause any increase, maybe a loss because I love just hearing it roar. The magnaflows are sopose to be better flowing and may help a small amount. And with my Diablosport Trinity T-1000 I get better miliage when I run it in miliage booster mode. In performance modes I usually have MDS turned off, throttle boosted up a bit and I tend to arrive at destinations alot faster.. Everyone seems to drive slow.. No clue why.

But your biggest factors would be how you drive your truck.. Best advice is to be light on the gas pedal, Use cruise on the hwy at a good speed and not flying by everyone even as tempting as it gets. Even the type of gas you use can play a factor. Certain gas-stations use different grades of gas for the equal octane. I know if I use Esso/ Shell or Petro Canada I get better fuel efficiency then if I use a Pioneer gas station right near my house. Don't sit around idling your truck, if you know your gonna be in the same spot for more then a minute, shut er down. Not using your A/C can help a little too.. I have window visors and always just have the windows cracked on the HWY and fully open when in city.. Engine doesn't have to work as much to power the A/C, even though it only uses about 1HP. When approaching a stop, let off the gas while before and coast/ slow down and then lightly use your brakes to stop.. Sopose to help a bit and also helps with brake life.

With a lift and mudders. You gotta live by the pay to play motto.. Trucks looks awesome, can drive over small cars and go anywhere.. But downside is more wind resistance and road resistance with the tires causing loss of fuel.. But it's a truck, and Rams are pretty good compared to other brands.. If Someone wants fuel efficiency, they get a car.. Not a truck
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 09-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500 laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: silver
Rep:10
stryker2012 is on a distinguished road
Default mods and mpg??

Thanks for the reply. I do realize it is driver dependent and i am not looking for a miracle here....It just would be a waste of money imo for these things if it would make it worse. Do you get alot of muffler drone out of your flowmaster at highway speeds or while using cruise control? Thanks- Chris
Old 09-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:52
CmRam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker2012 View Post
Hey I`m new on here and need some help! I have a 2010 1500 hemi that is lifted with mud tires. I am interested in adding exhaust, intake and programmer . Does anyone on here have these mods on this year truck ?? I am wondering if there is a MPG gain or loss due to less back pressure and more fuel being dumped cuz of programmer?? Thanks
I get average around 16-17 Mpgs between highway and in town driving on a daily basis, when I drove up to Dallas on cruise control most of the time I was getting up to around 19.3, you should see a little increase as long as your not too heavy footed !