DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Baby
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:172
Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about
Default SB Intake installation heads up for 2013 owners

I just spent about an 4 hours installing this intake....Why 4 hours well we ran into a slight issue with the parts in the kit.

My truck has 4 mounting bolts for the old intake box/support.

When you install the new one they give you a long bolt to install it back into the existing hole in the frame.

I followed the directions and blindly used their supplied hardware. I found out that my mounting bolts were fine thread and theirs were coarse; resulting in a set of mangled stripped out threads in the frame.

I had to get a set and rethread them and a new bolt to fix the issue.

I am assuming that SOME of them have these fine thread bolts where some have coarse. I have found a few anomalies like this so far on my truck so maybe I just got some spare parts bin scerws

Either way just be cognizant of the thread types when installing ANY companies supplied hardware or else your 1 hours install could become a 4 hour ordeal like mine lol

Otherwise the kit is BAD AZZ sounds great and makes the throttle more responsive.
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
-MB Rims (cuz im cheap lol)
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2013, 11:57 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

as stated in your other thread

thanks for the heads up I am sure this will be useful info as S&B is a big name around here and I am sure someone else will run into this issue

Thanks for sharing
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Thanks for the head's up. Hopefully you just saved someone else from going through what you did.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill