DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: laramie
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
emagine12 is on a distinguished road
Default leaving ram world

Dealership purchased my 2011 crew laramie back, Thankfully. two transmissions and five computers in the last 3000 miles. Previous owner was generous with information which helped me leverage refund. Carfax report did not show the previous trouble, asked the dealer how they managed that, no response. My first and last dodge purchase. Appreciate all your responses.
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Well glad to hear it worked out for you. I know you're having a bad taste in your mouth from this used truck experience but you just never really know how it was run from the previous owner. I will just tell you that I have owned 4 Dodge vehicles in my time, 3 of those were trucks, and never had any problems with them with over 100000 miles on each. Original owner of course. Now with my 2012 4x4 Hemi, with over 20000 miles, not a hiccup. So I will just leave you with this, never say never and hope you give a brand new Ram a chance someday. At least you'll know it won't be thrashed with 17000 miles of abuse.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 / 2002 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Gold
Rep:30
Maine-Ram is on a distinguished road

Best of luck with your future vehicles! Hopefully in some time you will give Dodge Ram's another chance, and see that they truly are a great truck!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine-Ram View Post
Best of luck with your future vehicles! Hopefully in some time you will give Dodge Ram's another chance, and see that they truly are a great truck!

I agree, best of luck to you.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

It is really a shame that you had this bad experience with Ram trucks. There are always going to be "lemons" in every make & model. My family has pretty much owned Chrysler products exclusively for the last 35+ years, and with my two, this includes about 17 Ram trucks. Not one of them has ever had a major problem. Would hope that you will give Ram another chance in the future to prove that they are among some of the most reliable vehicles on the road. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
It is really a shame that you had this bad experience with Ram trucks. There are always going to be "lemons" in every make & model. My family has pretty much owned Chrysler products exclusively for the last 35+ years, and with my two, this includes about 17 Ram trucks. Not one of them has ever had a major problem. Would hope that you will give Ram another chance in the future to prove that they are among some of the most reliable vehicles on the road. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Nicely said and I agree.