DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 RAM
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:64
NWRQC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post

Oh okay, awesome! Thanks for the info! I was definitely a fan of the transmission tuning on my 1500 so I'm sure it would be that much better on my Cummins.
Check with Anarchy diesel as well. They have been tuning EFI-live since the beginning of time and do MCC tuning as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Nice! Thanks for the info. I just read your post in your build thread and like I said in there, it's got me even more stoked to do this!
By the savings in fuel alone the tuner/deletes will pay for themselves within 2 years. Plus the added power and knowing my engine is running that much better and cleaner, it doesn't make sense not to do it. The only risk is the fact that if anything happens to the engine it's on my dime rather than the dealers.... That's the one part that worries me a little bit.

That's a really good deal for all those parts! I'm assuming you bought your tuner a while ago before the issues with H&S and the EPA that jumped the prices way up? Where'd you get your parts?
A safe bet is to figure about 3mpg increase over stock, depending on your driving. Remember that once tuned you won't be able to go off what the EVIC displays because some of the sensor signals that it uses to calculate mpg are being altered by the tuner. I wish mine was accurate when it tells me im averaging 20+mpg, but reality kicks in once I hand calculate and see the 14-15mpg I'm actually getting
You're engine will be a lot happier once it's not breathing it's own farts and filtering them out the back end. Look into Diamond eye exhaust systems as well. I think I paid $280 shipped for my 4" TBE.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRQC View Post
A safe bet is to figure about 3mpg increase over stock, depending on your driving. Remember that once tuned you won't be able to go off what the EVIC displays because some of the sensor signals that it uses to calculate mpg are being altered by the tuner. I wish mine was accurate when it tells me im averaging 20+mpg, but reality kicks in once I hand calculate and see the 14-15mpg I'm actually getting
You're engine will be a lot happier once it's not breathing it's own farts and filtering them out the back end. Look into Diamond eye exhaust systems as well. I think I paid $280 shipped for my 4" TBE.
Ya I never fully trust my EVIC for the final numbers; always hand calculate, even stock. Even if I just go up 3 mpg from where I'm at now I'll be a happy camper. It all makes a difference.

$280 shipped for a TBE isn't bad at all. Do you remember where you got it from?

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 10-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 RAM
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:64
NWRQC will become famous soon enough

Most places carry their exhaust. It's been a while, but I believe that I just surfed Ebay for a while until I came across one at a decent price..
$280-$320 is about the going price depending on where you buy.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White
Rep:10
vaneedendc is on a distinguished road

That's a lot of info. Thanks everyone. I think I'll get an aftermarket airfilter, leave stock airbox. And exhaust. I found aFe intake manifold for the 6.7 and a turbo inlet to. Would they make a difference? Would a person need both?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Are you talking about the aFe intake horn? If so you need to be able to delete the EGR to install it which again comes back to no tuner being available for your truck so you can't do it.

Post some links to the stuff you're referring to just so we're on the same page with what you're talking about.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
vaneedendc is on a distinguished road

Here are the links for the aFe intakes

Http://www.ebay.com/itm/200972850573...84.m1438.l2649

Http://www.ebay.com/itm/380691159636...84.m1438.l2649
Old 10-14-2013, 11:59 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Okay, the first one you can use. The second you can't.

The first one allows for an EGR to be reinstalled on it which is what you will need seeing as you can't get rid of yours yet. The second one deletes the EGR.

Now that being said I wouldn't spend the money on a new intake horn without doing a tuner or EGR delete. I just don't think you'll get much of a gain from it so why spend the money? You'd be better off waiting until tunes are released for a 2013 and then get the intake horn without the EGR port and do a full delete.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 2500 cummins
Trim Level: Sly
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 385hp 850lb/ft (Aisin ASC69RC Automatic)
Shawn5118 is on a distinguished road
Default Need deletes for '13 cummins

Hey guys I have a 2013 2500 cummins, I have a edge juice with attitude. I'm looking for deletes. Idc I'm over this exhaust crap. If I have to buy a new programmer which I'm sure I'll have to then that's fine. Let me know what I can do.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn5118 View Post
Hey guys I have a 2013 2500 cummins, I have a edge juice with attitude. I'm looking for deletes. Idc I'm over this exhaust crap. If I have to buy a new programmer which I'm sure I'll have to then that's fine. Let me know what I can do.
No deletes available for a '13+ Cummins yet. Should be soon though....