DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
Anybody notice the engine breaking is stronger with the A019 tune, Sure seems like it to me or is that in my head? Either way.....I like it!!

Pinging is back too, not sure if its bad fuel or the new tune.

A016 was my favored so far
Reasons you liked the A016 tune?
Old 09-14-2013, 11:55 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
Reasons you liked the A016 tune?
AO19 is pinging for me. Pretty bad actually. Also when in automatic mode, around 50-55 MPH on freeway 5th-6th gear acts weird and hit hard or searched between the 2 gears often, dont remember exactly but didn't feel right.. I put it in manual 6th and no weird transition between gears. Never did that until a019.

Driven truck everyday for almost a year now, have a pretty good feel for her .

Last edited by naturecannon; 09-14-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:74
Swampmoose will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
AO19 is pinging for me. Pretty bad actually. Also when in automatic mode, around 50-55 MPH on freeway 5th-6th gear acts weird and hit hard or searched between the 2 gears often, dont remember exactly but didn't feel right.. I put it in manual 6th and no weird transition between gears. Never did that until a019.

Driven truck everyday for almost a year now, have a pretty good feel for her .
Wow... I'm still running A016 and kinda reluctant to even update as this one to me feels the best so far also.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

You know I just updated again and went from having the A019 back to A016. I do like the feel of A016, trans shifting and throttle sensitivity, better than the A019. I do notice more ping under load for me in Regular Tune compared to Performance Tune with the A019. I will try the Performance Tune with this A016 and test it out if the ping is lessened. Thanks for your input naturecannon. Very much appreciated.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Its too bad testing all theses new tunes costs us more flash counts but I guess its the nature of the beast!

And thanks for re confirming on the AO16 tune guys. With things like this, sometimes we second guess ourselves, at least I do........... Bully Dog wouldn't possibly release a tune worse then the last revision for thousands of much loved 40K Rams *AH screw it, we need to move on to the ford, just release A019*
Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone who owns a Bully Dog Tuner for Chrysler Vehicles or wants to buy one needs to read t

Bully Dog has implemented a new Policy for there Chrysler compatible Tuners, If you buy one you cannot sell it or use it on another vehicle unless you pay Bully Dog 250$ to clear it of the Vehicle Vin that is associated with, even if you put the vehicle back to Stock tune. This is total BS

Please check out this thread

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153146
Old 09-24-2013, 12:04 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the real information, I just got off the phone with Linda, she call the powers that be and check the information that I have given her.

Any Hemi GT + tuner that is installed and linked to some 2011-2012-2013 truck ECU's that when you look at the Bully Dog tuner information in the tuner that gives the ECU info and you see under the VIN# line there is another line that says

"VIN H"

This Tuner is Locked with the ECU, and requires to be Hacked by Bully Dog to get it removed and un-linked to the ECU of your Vehicle. Even if you put the vehicle back to stock the tuner is still linked to that ECU, this has something to do with the encryption of the ECU.

If you want to move it to another Vehicle or sell it, and you have under the VIN# that line that says "VIN H" you will need to pay a hacking fee (not a reset fee) but a hacking fee to hack the tuner clear of the ECU data of the vehicle it was on.

This is only Tuners that have this "VIN H" there, any other Tuner synced to a Vehicle that does not have this "VIN H" or is not a 2012-2013 Chrysler product Does not have this Issue and you can move it to another Chrysler Vehicle or sell it after putting the current vehicle back to stock.

To locate if your tuner is linked to a vehicle and its a "VIN H" unit, go into menu, got to show settings and then scroll down to see the VIN# info. If Under your VIN# there is not another Line that says "VIN H" you are ok to put to stock and move it over to another vehicle or sell it.

If you do Have the "VIN H" your stuck and will need to fight this one

I am lucky, I just checked my unit and I do not have the "VIN H"

Here is a confirmation email from Lyle about this that just came in.

Hey Al,

This is the response I got when asking about it.

Under the vehicle info on show settings there is a spot for a Vin, and a Vin H. The vin H is the vin number that this tuner has “HACKED”, or unlocked. If there is a Vin in the Vin H on show settings, it needs the $250 transfer fee. If the Vin H is blank, there is no fee required. This mostly applies to the 2012+ Chrysler vehicles. Some 11’s, and not all 12’s, just depends on the ecm.

Linda is new so she may not be %100 familiar with the policy or heard incorrect info. The above is %100 correct though.

Lyle Richmond
Major Accounts Manager
Old 09-26-2013, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

I just put my truck back to A00B. Was getting pinging with 16 and 19. I never noticed it when I first installed the BD. I was very happy when I first installed it for months before doing any updates. I went back to the original level that was on the unit when I bought it.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:34 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:83
FeedMetal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Bully Dog has implemented a new Policy for there Chrysler compatible Tuners, If you buy one you cannot sell it or use it on another vehicle unless you pay Bully Dog 250$ to clear it of the Vehicle Vin that is associated with, even if you put the vehicle back to Stock tune. This is total BS

Please check out this thread

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153146
i got them to unlock my tuner for free . as if i was gonna pay them 250 to be able to use something i already paid for, get real lol
Old 10-05-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMetal View Post
i got them to unlock my tuner for free . as if i was gonna pay them 250 to be able to use something i already paid for, get real lol
After they seen all the bad press they were getting because of sites like this with threads full of angry members, they removed the policy of the 250$ move for Tuners with the Vin H in them. The 250$ policy is now null and void, you can see the whole story here.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153284