DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Okay, I've definitely noticed it a few times then. Certain days I get amazing mileage and then others it's terrible no matter how light I am on the pedal. I figured it was dumping in the fuel for a regen.

Luckily I do a lot of highway driving every day so I doubt I'll ever get the DPF 80% full message.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 10-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Since we finally had some good weather this weekend I took some time to fully clean up my truck and put a coat of wax on it. I used Meguairs Tech 2.0 wax and am actually fairly happy with it this time around. Before when I used it on my 1500 I machine applied it and I don't think it liked that very much, the results didn't impress me. So this time around I decided to hand apply it and that worked much better. It goes on and comes off very easy and leaves a very nice shine. One thing I really like about it is that it doesn't leave a white residue if you accidentally get it on any plastic or rubber (I still tape up the textured plastic). The only complaint I had about using it is that it's almost impossible to see where you've applied it on a mineral grey truck. It blends right in to the colour of the paint!

The picture below shows the truck with a coat of wax on it. See what I mean about not being able to tell?

On Sunday I finally got to put the Cummins to a little bit of work hauling my Dad's trailer/car. Not a huge weight for it (my estimate is around 4500 pounds for the car and trailer) but the Cummins pulls it effortlessly. Power wise I barely feel that anything is back there. I notice it more in braking than pulling. The exhaust brake works awesome to hold back the load. There was actually a few times where it downshifted another gear and I actually had to give it a little fuel because it was holding back too well. Overall I'm very happy with how it performed.

The next test for it that will actually put it to some good work will be in a few months. My parents bought a new house so we'll be moving in mid January. The plan is that we're going to use my Uncles 28ft enclosed trailer towed by my truck. So with that thing all loaded up with our furniture and such it should be fairly heavy. I'm pretty excited for that tow already.

And here's one more picture showing the truck a little better after I detailed it. Keep in mind all these pictures were taken with my iPhone. It looks quite a bit better in person.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Old 10-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Truck looks great man.. Nice job detailing.. and that car looks like it just belongs on the back of your truck lol.. great combo.

On the topic of that wax.. I had it and honestly I do hate it.. I used to be a detailer for my dads GM dealership and then my first few years working at the RV dealership I did the detailing on trailers/ motorhomes and have tons of experience waxing and this stuff just always made me mad .... On my old 08 pontiac torrent identical to this-
http://pictures.dealer.com/w/woodbin...057bc7249x.jpg

I would always get swirl marks or just not look right no matter if I did hand/ machine or any other way. Also had the same problem with my moms dark blue GMC acadia. Maybe it was just a bad batch of wax or something.. But I stay clear and now just sneak the wax we use on RV's as it works amazing and comes off easier then anything I have ever used.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 10-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Thanks bud!

Ya I don't think I'll be buying this wax again. I thought I'd give it a shot but it hasn't impressed me like I hoped. I just don't want to waste a $30 bottle of wax so this trucks at least going to get a few coats of it. I figure it's a good wax to use over the winter since I just want it to protect the paint more than look good. If we get another nice weekend here soon I'll probably throw a couple more coats on it and then it will be good to go.

I haven't had any issues with it leaving swirl marks or anything. As far as that side of things go it works very well. Maybe you did have a bad batch I just find that it doesn't go on very thick and doesn't last as long as it should. That's why I plan on caking a few more layers on.

One product I've used in the past that I'll probably order up again is called Jax Wax. It is by far the most amazing wax I've ever used. Super simple and easy to use and provides AMAZING results. Plus it can be applied in the sun on a hot surface which is a bonus if you don't have a covered area to be waxing in. Once this Tech 2.0 wax is done I'll be ordering up another bottle of Jax Wax.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Thanks bud!

Ya I don't think I'll be buying this wax again. I thought I'd give it a shot but it hasn't impressed me like I hoped. I just don't want to waste a $30 bottle of wax so this trucks at least going to get a few coats of it. I figure it's a good wax to use over the winter since I just want it to protect the paint more than look good. If we get another nice weekend here soon I'll probably throw a couple more coats on it and then it will be good to go.

I haven't had any issues with it leaving swirl marks or anything. As far as that side of things go it works very well. Maybe you did have a bad batch I just find that it doesn't go on very thick and doesn't last as long as it should. That's why I plan on caking a few more layers on.

One product I've used in the past that I'll probably order up again is called Jax Wax. It is by far the most amazing wax I've ever used. Super simple and easy to use and provides AMAZING results. Plus it can be applied in the sun on a hot surface which is a bonus if you don't have a covered area to be waxing in. Once this Tech 2.0 wax is done I'll be ordering up another bottle of Jax Wax.
I have heard of that Jax Wax before and heard good things about it.. But ya the tech 2.0 has been sitting in my garage on a shelf untouched for a while now .. Never even tested it on my truck.. My torrent had a hard paint to keep clean because it has such a high gloss level.. so any imperfections were noticed like a swirl mark.. Especially when I am looking for them. The acadia is a vehicle where one light it looks perfect no swirls or anything.. Another.. Terrible.. But both vehicles are/were hard paint to keep clean compared to even black... One reason I love silver... Such an easy colour to maintain and keep clean.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: TANK
Color: Gloss Black Bedliner
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:159
aparini has a spectacular aura aboutaparini has a spectacular aura about

you will not have any problem towing that 28' trailer.... i pull one with my 1500. completely loaded up ( 65 apache in the back.. tile and tools in the front)

Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparini View Post
you will not have any problem towing that 28' trailer.... i pull one with my 1500. completely loaded up ( 65 apache in the back.. tile and tools in the front)
Ya I'm not worried about it at all. Just excited to put that Cummins to a bit more of a test. I'm sure the truck will handle it no problem.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: TANK
Color: Gloss Black Bedliner
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:159
aparini has a spectacular aura aboutaparini has a spectacular aura about

did yours come with a brake controller? so far thats the biggest complaint i had with mine. until i got one.. i know the cummins has the jake brake but its always better to let the trailer slow its self down than putting more strain on the engine ( yes i know its designed for that use, but i try to err in the side of caution (( however that saying goes))... too pretty of a truck to be in the shop

Last edited by aparini; 10-07-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Yes mine has the built in electric brake control. I believe all the 3500's have them built in. And yes it also has the exhaust brake (different than a jake brake that's on semi trucks) and that thing works amazingly. I use it for everyday driving and touch the brakes a lot less because of it.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Holy!!! 2 weeks of not being on here and there are a crap ton of pages...lol

Just lift the truck already
8" BDS long arm and buy the add ons later when you got the rest of the cash
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!