DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Mopar Online Parts - Dodge Ram Accessories!

Notices

Mopar Online Parts - Dodge Ram Accessories! Suppliers of Genuine Dodge/Ram Parts and Accessories at wholesale prices. Shop with confidence as all repair parts orders are checked against the VIN provided to ensure 100% accuracy getting you the right part the first time. All items we sell are backed by a 1yr warranty. - Dodge Ram Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Mopar Online Parts

Vehicle: N/A
Trim Level: N/A
Color: N/A
Rep:41
Mopar Online Parts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softtrim View Post
Hello Benny
I have a 2013 Ram 2500 VIN 3C6TR5CTX0G514601

I have a set of power/heated cooled Longhorn leather seats that I would like to install in place of the manual cloth...could you possibly help me out with what I might need to do this to make these function?
Thanks for your time
George

Hi George,

I will assist as much as possible. The wiring is where this can get expensive unless there is pre-wiring throughout the vehicle and your harness is OK to use. I will start with the basic parts that come to mind but there is no such place that lists them all so if I miss things please please forgive me.

SWITCH-INSTRUMENT PANEL
Make: Dodge | Part#: 68137068AA
List Price: $107.00
Your Price: $73.31

MODULE-HEATED SEAT
Make: Dodge | Part#: 68217268AA
List Price: $88.70
Your Price: $61.18

WIRING-BODY
Make: Dodge | Part#: 68160565AD
List Price: $1,095.00
Your Price: $755.55

The switch replaces your current dash one and I believe the heated seat module mounts under the seat but my diagram is not clear on this.

Let me know if you have any questions thus far

-Benny
Old 10-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Dark Metallic Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Softtrim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
Hi George,

I will assist as much as possible. The wiring is where this can get expensive unless there is pre-wiring throughout the vehicle and your harness is OK to use. I will start with the basic parts that come to mind but there is no such place that lists them all so if I miss things please please forgive me.

SWITCH-INSTRUMENT PANEL
Make: Dodge | Part#: 68137068AA
List Price: $107.00
Your Price: $73.31

MODULE-HEATED SEAT
Make: Dodge | Part#: 68217268AA
List Price: $88.70
Your Price: $61.18

WIRING-BODY
Make: Dodge | Part#: 68160565AD
List Price: $1,095.00
Your Price: $755.55

The switch replaces your current dash one and I believe the heated seat module mounts under the seat but my diagram is not clear on this.

Let me know if you have any questions thus far

-Benny

Thanks Benny

Couple of things...
Do you have a pic of the instrument panel switch?...The truck has minimal options so I just want to make sure where it would go...also
I take it that I would not know if I need the body wiring until I try the switch and the module...correct?
Thanks Again
George
Old 10-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Mopar Online Parts

Hi George,

Here is a pic from the VIN I used
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ram-1...t_11029wt_1079

That is correct we would need to take this step by step

-Benny
Old 10-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Dark Metallic Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Softtrim is on a distinguished road

Benny
Is this switch the same for a 2500 Ram?...mine has a trailer brake switch and tire light load indicator on it also.

As far as the power seat is concerned ...fore/aft...up/down is there anything particular needed for this or should this work upon plugging the seats in?

I have the seats and can put them in any time...I just want to ask a few questions before I just plug them in and screw something up.

Thanks for your time
Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Mopar Online Parts

Yes I would have to say its the same size/fitment switch for a 2500 see this vehicle here and scroll down to the interior photos http://1017.ecarlist.com/web/ebay_photos/1382521/

The heated seats run through a module not just from the switch to the seat. These are great questions and we are still trying to determine if just the switches and module is needed. I would imagine there should be a pig tail harness under the seat for the module, Are you able to check for this? If this harness is not present than a body harness would need to be purchased.

-Benny
Old 10-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:35
Zixxer is on a distinguished road

Replace the switch setup. It's a CAN bus setup and assuming you have at least the power seat setup in your current truck, drop your new seats in, replace the switch, and you're done.

You can add the sales codes to your VIN and the controls will be added to your 8.4A/N radio if you have that setup.

I just did it on my 2013 Ram 1500 sport...just ordered the last part of the heated steering wheel to complete the setup.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Mopar Online Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxer View Post
Replace the switch setup. It's a CAN bus setup and assuming you have at least the power seat setup in your current truck, drop your new seats in, replace the switch, and you're done.

You can add the sales codes to your VIN and the controls will be added to your 8.4A/N radio if you have that setup.

I just did it on my 2013 Ram 1500 sport...just ordered the last part of the heated steering wheel to complete the setup.
This sounds like very promising info!!

-Benny
Old 11-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:35
Zixxer is on a distinguished road

Order #1304847
Benny, I went to install the heated steering wheel and the wiring harness on the above order is not for a w/heated option as I selected. The part number on the bag is 1-68163712AA - now I don't see that number until it's shipped when I use your site so I can only navigate the menus and see the parts by name.

Anyways, I can send you a photo(s) as there is literally no connection to plug in the wires for the heated wheel. When I look at the wiring diagram at the Chrysler site, there's not even the heated wheel wiring on pin 5 of the right switch.

Can you look into the setup? I need the steering wheel wiring harness for the 2013 Sport 1500 with Heated wheel, stereo controls, evic control, uconnect, etc. I do not have the air suspension or gear selector. I think you have my VIN.

On another note - I did the seat install, added the dash switches and added the sales codes to the VIN - works like a charm on the seats....you don't actually need the sales codes added to the VIN unless you want the radio to display the controls...really not necessary as you can use the switches on the dash.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Mopar Online Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxer View Post
Order #1304847
Benny, I went to install the heated steering wheel and the wiring harness on the above order is not for a w/heated option as I selected. The part number on the bag is 1-68163712AA - now I don't see that number until it's shipped when I use your site so I can only navigate the menus and see the parts by name.

Anyways, I can send you a photo(s) as there is literally no connection to plug in the wires for the heated wheel. When I look at the wiring diagram at the Chrysler site, there's not even the heated wheel wiring on pin 5 of the right switch.

Can you look into the setup? I need the steering wheel wiring harness for the 2013 Sport 1500 with Heated wheel, stereo controls, evic control, uconnect, etc. I do not have the air suspension or gear selector. I think you have my VIN.

On another note - I did the seat install, added the dash switches and added the sales codes to the VIN - works like a charm on the seats....you don't actually need the sales codes added to the VIN unless you want the radio to display the controls...really not necessary as you can use the switches on the dash.
You are correct that is the wrong number and the catalog must have an error. It is best to PM or email us when you can so we can double check things for you. We can send you a pre-paid label via email for full refund but the correct one is much more money
WIRING-STEERING WHEEL
Make: Dodge | Part#: 68163716AB
List Price: $122.00
Your Price: $83.84

This harness is loaded with all options and includes the (NHS) htd st wheel code

That is some awesome news on the heated seats , It interesting as vehicles get more complex yet a huge mod like this couldn't have gotten any easier go figure??

-Benny
Old 02-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Inline is on a distinguished road

Hi Benny,

I'v got a 2012 Ram. I swapped in 2013 heated and cooling seats. I need to get the switch panel that has track off switch tow haul switch and heated and cooling seat control switches.
I also need the pig tail harness to go from the switches. the rest of the wiring I can do myself.

Can you please get me the part #s for those. Thanks

Waleed