DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough
Default Buyer be warned--Romik Boards/Side Steps

Well I finally punted after a very bizarre/frustrating experience trying to order a pair of Romik Running boards.

A bit of info on Romik--they sell products through a number of US dealers, who take orders--take your money--and then Romik proceeds to fill them. In some cases, make them. I thoujght that was a bit strange, but found in talking with some dealers of multiple brands that isn't all that uncommon.

They are made--In Spain.

Once your product is made or available, it sits in spain until there are enough other Romik products going to the US to justify shipping.

Via ship, as on the ocean.

Thus any Romik order can take a LOOOONG time to fill at times.

I knew this before I ordered 6 weeks ago, but Romik themselves provided a firm date of mid-to late September for availability. Which I was told they usually do not do unless they have a firm idea of actual shipment date.

Well mid september came and went with no boards. Each week I called the place I ordered from--who called Romik--and was told they would be shipped the following week. When they didn't show again and again I called each week.

Each week, the story was the same. They were to be shipped the following week. Each week they were quite sure this date would finally be accurate, and dozens (or more) US customers would finally get their product.

Last week I was told they'd be going out the week of the 7th. On the 7th I was told now it would be the week of the 14th.

I finally grew tired of getting 2nd hand info a few weeks back and starting calling Romik myself. They told me the same thing, with one piece of additional info--the whole shipload of US product is currently delayed in Spain because one part--some end caps for one type of side steps they offer--aren't available yet. So my running boards and all the other products that are finished and available sit and wait in Spain.

I understand people that do get Romik products like them--but If you go for them, plan on allowing a number of months from order time to actual delivery!

Now I get to wait who knows how long for my CC to be credited so I have the money to order something else.

You'd think anyone with a distribution system like this would be a little more open about it with customers and distributors, maybe that's the norm in Europe but have to think US distributors won't deal with them for long if they don't improve timeline accuracy, if nothing else.

Last edited by dawoodsman; 10-09-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2013, 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 / 3.55 LSD
Trim Level: Outdoorsman Crew Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:1043
gcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud of

Sorry you have to wait.

There are quite a few vendors that are just middle men (Amazon) is one of them. They do not stock everything they list for sale and contact the suppler when you order. The items are drop-ship from them to you. Some shipping from overseas go by the container load for shipping and you have to wait.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough

I understand that gcscott but this went beyond that by quite a bit.

To be analogous, it would be like ordering something from amazon, asking them how long it would take to get to you, listening while amazon called the manufacturer who ships it to get an arrival date--and have them give you that date as an estimate--only to find out it isn't even close to having been shipped when that date comes and goes.

I did that multiple times--stayed on the phone while the distributor called Romik, and Romik told them "next week". Went on for a month and I gave up!

I actually saved a bit of money cancelling the Romik order and went with Aries new product. That come from the manufacturer too, we'll see if they hit the target date. I think they come from Arizona so at least they don't have float across the ocean!