DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: None
Rep:49
ModelTFan01 is on a distinguished road

Yes, a friend suggested that I should do that. Just keep calling and coming in to ask about jobs. However, one problem about getting a job is hours. I need flexible hours as I am the basketball team manager at my high school and he offered for me to do it for the next four years. I want to do it as ever since I became the team manager I've earned a lot more respect from people and I've got to meet people. I've got to be there for practice and games. That's why I'd like to have a job that works around my schedule, which web design does. Plus, web design gives me a chance to go to the games and practices and not have to worry about the 7 o'clock "curfew" for "kids" under 16, whereas with a "real" job I'd have to miss all my practices and get to only go to the games.

I will be sure to post pics of my first car when I get it, and I really want a Ram. All I can do now though is just cross my fingers, dot my Is and cross my Ts and pray.

Though, a "friend" of mine that's sixteen got a job at a place I've been wanting a job at.

My neighbor agrees with the people on here, that web design is my forte. But I really want to venture into HVAC, and my main goal is to actually teach HVAC to high school students.

Last edited by ModelTFan01; 10-10-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:42 PM

Well, it looks like I'm going to actually go through with my website business idea.

However, I need customers, so any ideas on how to get customers?
Old 10-12-2013, 08:14 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTFan01 View Post
Well, it looks like I'm going to actually go through with my website business idea.

However, I need customers, so any ideas on how to get customers?
That is one of the hardest things to do, you are probably going to want to put together a portfolio of what you can do, and have done in the past, starting with 0 customers is always hard but it is never impossible your best bet would be to be your own first customer, build a site with information that people are looking for/want and put some ads on it, generate some revenue that way and then post some ads out their in your local news papers, make yourself a "company" facebook, google+, and twitter account and advertise your services their, post frequently as this will draw attention, print some ads on pieces of papers and hang them up on bulletin boards in your community advertising your services, and once you get attraction know your market and deliver.

There are also places online you can to look for work designing websites and bid on the jobs a couple that come to mind are odesk.com, freelancer.com, guru.com, elance.com, hope you find some value in this information.

Let us know how you come out.

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:07 PM

I like finding customers in the area as I can take photos, videos a lot easier and plus I can meet face-to-face with them.

Finding those first customers is going to be a job of its own. But I made a website for my basketball coach, which could constitute as a "website", but he's not paying for it as he is with the school and I have the school's web design class to compete with.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:13 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTFan01 View Post
I like finding customers in the area as I can take photos, videos a lot easier and plus I can meet face-to-face with them.

Finding those first customers is going to be a job of its own. But I made a website for my basketball coach, which could constitute as a "website", but he's not paying for it as he is with the school and I have the school's web design class to compete with.
If you have reference to where this site can be found I would be more than happy to give you pointers if I can

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:55 PM

It's actually not online yet, but I've attached the ZIP file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip basketballsite.zip (81.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-12-2013, 10:04 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

nice, clean, and basic I like it does the team have a following on facebook, twitter, or google plus? If they do you might think about incorporating those into the home page as well via widgets of some sort that way people visiting the site can see the latest updates the team has made on social media w/o having to click away from the page.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:21 PM

No, they don't, but I'll talk to Coach Floyd about it. (Also, did I mention that Coach Floyd drives a Ram 2500?)

Maybe you should see the website that I built for my neighbor that she isn't going to use. She says they already have three people making websites for her.

It's too large to post as an attachment, but it looks a lot like the basketball site except that it's center wrap is larger and it has more pages.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 PM

Well, tomorrow I'm presenting the basketball website to Coach Floyd after we have the open gymnasium.

I don't really know how successful this business will be. Many businesses here in town already have a website (albeit some are very crudely built) and others don't care and what to stay old school. There's not much of a market as this town is a pretty rural town, there's a lot more farms than businesses.

Plus, many of the kids at my school that live on farms don't care about the internet because they're never on. So they don't care about my business.

It's getting frustrating. I'd like to have a car when I turn 16 (especially a truck) because it makes finding a job so much easier. But I hate how some of my friends are getting their vehicles handed to them by their parents (kinda like "here you go son, take good care of her" type thing) and I have to work my a$$ off for my first car.

Any ideas on how to boost my business? {{BTW, sorry if I offended anyone}}
Old 10-15-2013, 07:20 PM

Well, I presented my website to the basketball coach and he likes it. He wants me to publish it, so he gave me a schedule and I'm currently working on updating it so that the schedule will be up. Then I'll email it to the schools server technician so he can upload it to the school's server, so it can be hosted on their website.