DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1992 Dodge Ramcharger
Trim Level: LE 150
Color: Black & Grey
Engine: 1992-1993 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 230 hp 280lb/ft
Rep:19
The War Wagon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Red face

If ANYONE knows about later sway bars in particular, on Gen.I trucks, SING OUT!!!

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1990 Ram LE
Trim Level: ?
Color: Black/Gray
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:10
OklahomaHoss is on a distinguished road

Cajun, I don't see seats being addressed anywhere, and I really need to know this so I can get me a replacement. Any help?

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ram 1500 SLT Laramie
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:30
RadioActiV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by POPER View Post
Rear Window:
“They are interchangeable as a unit from 94-01. The difference being 94 to 96 has two sliders that meet in the middle. 96-01 has a single slider. I might be a little off on the year, but the footprint is the same if you pull the whole thing and aren't looking to just replace one pane.”
“My '97 has dual sliders. I had thought that the dual slider switched to the single slider in '98 when they redesigned the interior?”
Source Thread:http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=100928&highlight=rear+window+swap

Front Bumper (Chrome):
1996 brackets will not bolt directly to the 2001 frame, however the 2001 brackets will bolt to the 1996 bumper.
This weekend I decided to finally put a straight bumper on the truck - I chose one off of a '96 1500 assuming that this bumper will fit on a truck with the exact same bumper; I was mistaken (as was the salvage yard). When I went home to install the bumper, everything lined up perfect except the front two brackets where the three bolts mount the bracket to the frame.
I removed the '01 brackets off my old bumper and they fit the '96 bumper no problem. THEN everyhting bolted right up.
**Note: I suggest swapping the carriage bolts for hex bolts as vice grips and eventually a grinder were needed to remove the brackets from both bumpers because the carriage bolts just kept spinning.
my 99 has a dual slider
Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: slt
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
kyramfan is on a distinguished road

I have a 2011 Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab SLT. I have some front end damage from accident, bumper, hood, grille, etc. I really love the new 2013 ram sport front bumper, grille, projector headlamps. I know the headlamps will fit on truck, and work with harness adapter. I have been to a couple Dodge Dealer Parts Departments, and searched the internet. I can not find any answer as to if the 2013 front bumper, and grille will fit on 2009-2012 model. If I buy the parts they can not be returned if they doesn't fit. I know there may be some different brackets, impact absorber is different. I would just like to know if anyone has done this conversion, or have any information on if these parts will work or will not work without major modifications, cutting, drilling,etc. I am new member but longtime fan of this forum. Sorry for the lengthy question.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
HemiRam11 is on a distinguished road

Can someone please post a comprehensive list of ALL parts required to swap a steel front bumper, with a "Sport" front bumper cover? My ram is a 2011 SLT Outdoorsman 2wd. I am in the process of converting it to a street truck and really like the look of the front end of the Sport
Old 10-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Trim Level: R/T
AZRAMRT is on a distinguished road

Will a door panel off a 2013 ram fit a 2012 ram? Love the trim on the 2013!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew Cab
Color: White/Gold
Rep:483
Silvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of light

I would like to swap my chrome folding/heated/auto-dim mirrors on my 2013 Laramie Longhorn for White color matched OEM mirrors.

Does a RAM Sport model have mirrors with folding/headed/auto-dim function?

*** US Army Retired - 11B40 - 1964/'85 ***
Old 10-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

AZRAMRT
i believe that you can read the posts made by ARTH
if i recall correctly, he is converting his 2009 to appear more like a 2013

door panels i believe was the latest conversion
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

anyone know if a 2013 chrome bumper will fit on a 2011? I just like the look of the lower chrome half with it the vertical fog lights, I'm curious if the painted topper bolts right up to it so I can keep the factory grill.

Last edited by InDeepWaterBlue; 10-16-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:246
HemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar
Default For anyone contemplating an SRT-10 brake/suspension swap

Thought I'd write this here in case anyone was thinking about it. Pics are worth a 1000 words, so...

1. SRT spindles are compatible with regular 1500's. These are a requirement to mount the bigger calipers and have room to clear the bigger rotor (15"). As far as I know, 04-05 spindles are completely compatible with 02-05 1500's. Unknown as to whether the 06 SRT spindles are backwards compatible with 02-05 or strictly 06-08. Going forth with this swap ties you to a minimum 20" rim up front from then on (and then it has to at least be a factory spec 20x9 or larger with the right backspacing).
Stock

Not stock, note the difference where the upper ball joint goes

2. SRT-10's are 2wd, however the spindle is laid out the same (minus a difference at the top for improved caster/camber/handling) with the big hole
in the middle where the hub bearing mounts (uses the same exact hub
bearing, don't let someone try to sell you an "SRT specific" front hub bearing
for an inflated cost) and has room for for the front axle to pass through into
the hub. Theoretically, this swap should work for 4x4 1500's as well (but I
don't know of anyone who has tried it).

(Had to borrow an image from the pick-n-pull guys, couldn't find one anywhere else)

3. 2004 calipers are large 2 piston sliders. 05-06 calipers are larger 4 piston fixed. These are compatible back and forth, they use the same mounting ears on the spindle and the same exact rotor. Personal preference.

4. SRT lower control arms are different, but not a necessity.

5. Regular 1500 front sway bar and SRT-10 front sway bar - exact same diameter, no difference.

6. Coil springs - if you want a little front end lift with a little better handling, install SRT quad cab front springs. I found this out the hard way. My 2wd ended up a little nose high. SRT regular cab coils bring it back down and are stiffer for better handling.

7. SRT rear calipers are large 2 piston sliders. They are bigger than stock 1500 front calipers and use a slightly larger and thicker vented rotor. These are not a direct bolt on to a stock 9.25 rear (but anything is possible with metal fab skills). They are of course a direct bolt on to an SRT Dana 60...

8. SRT Dana 60 rear - damn near indestructible. 04's have 4.10 LSD, 05-06 have 4.56 LSD. Uses the same exact speed sensor and brake lines. Direct bolt in to your existing springs. One thing to note: if you aren't lowering your truck ALOT, don't get a regular cab Dana, they are lowered from the factory and are undersprung (leafs are under the axle tube). Dana from a quad cab mounts just like stock, in fact the SRT quad cab leafs are identical to regular 1500 leafs (part of how they managed to get some form of tow rating for the SRT quad). SRT regular cab leaf springs mount completely different, are shaped different and have built in wind up snubbers. Possibly useful, but most likely not a straight bolt in. Installing a Dana may require a custom driveshaft, especially in a quad cab (my driveshaft is 6' long...). SRT quad cabs use a 2 piece driveshaft.

9. Shocks - SRT's came with Bilsteins from the factory. They are excellent for ride and handling for a 2wd quad cab (only truck I can vouch for is my own). SRT regular cabs came with a dampener shock (also Bilstein) that goes from the top of the Dana to a cross member under the bed to reduce axle wind up. If you install a Dana and want to use this feature, you will need to weld in a bracket on the cross member, as non-SRT's don't have it there.

10. Rear sway bar - SRT regular cabs came with a dinky little sway bar; SRT quads did not. Most aftermarket rear bars will clear the Dana (all of them will clear a 9.25) and you end up with a better bar anyway.

I am always happy to answer any question that may arise.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition
Mods list in profile
Sarcasm - it beats killing people

Last edited by HemiLonestar; 10-16-2013 at 08:15 PM.