DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: big horn
Color: black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
rondora is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohawk View Post
You've probably tried this...but I'll say it anyway, just in case, my buddy's 04 diesel "F" won't accept but a drop or two without clicking off the nozzle unless he turns the nozzle upside down...then it flows full speed.
I've tried holding the nozzle in various positions, which doesn't seem to help the flow too much. I have been having better luck with starting off with a trickle and gradually increasing to the first click.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4X4 8 Spd Air Susp
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black on Black Leather
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Megamikey is on a distinguished road

My Sport has also been flawless, unless I am missing something. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing, but with less then 4K miles, it should improve over time. It is so much fun to drive, it is hard to complain about anything.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew Cab
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:487
Silvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of light

It can get awfully frustrating when you spend so much money on a new vehicle and you get one that has so many issues. Until now I've always driven Ford vehicle and in 45 years didn't have any major issues. At least not so many that would discourage me from drive Fords. While over on one of the major F150 website you would thing that Ford couldn't do anything right either but I've generally been of the opinion that there's are a few folks that create most of their own problems. The others are mostly blowing smoke. That generally leave few with real issues.

*** US Army Retired - 11B40 - 1964/'85 ***
Old 10-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: maximum steel
Rep:42
profiler is on a distinguished road

Just over 5k on mine. No issues other than the previous uconnect update not allowing me to voice text out. But this last update fixed that.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
usextjx is on a distinguished road
Angry Laramie Lemon

Feel the same way...

15,000 miles / 10 months old
Horn is scary unresponsive
Multiple radio issues
Paint issue
Underbody squeak
Speedomoter pulses at 70mph

Chrysler and dealer...worthless.

Will never do this again.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 2500 CTD Laramie Mega 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black Gold Pearlcoat
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:14
katokahn99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by usextjx View Post
Feel the same way...

15,000 miles / 10 months old
Horn is scary unresponsive
Multiple radio issues
Paint issue
Underbody squeak
Speedomoter pulses at 70mph

Chrysler and dealer...worthless.

Will never do this again.
Sorry that this has been your experience. Better luck elsewhere. BUT that list hardly quallifies as "lemon."
Old 10-18-2013, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:74
AirborneSilva will become famous soon enough

It seems as though there are maybe half a dozen with real problems, for you guys I'm sorry you're having problem. I've had an 05, 11 and now 13. My 05 I bought with 20k on the clock and had zero issues, my 11 bought new, it had a couple minor issues, my 13 now has about 4500 miles on it and other than 3 or 4 dust nibs I've seen it's been perfect. 13's are not lemons in my opinion and the sparse evidence we see here on this forum. I hope that those few that have real issues get them worked out

2013 Ram Sport
1976 Corvette L82

Old 10-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
02 Cummins Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokahn99 View Post
Sorry that this has been your experience. Better luck elsewhere. BUT that list hardly quallifies as "lemon."
The sad thing is, a lot of the complaints people have, are similar issues.

My 13 2500has been in for the "usual" small things. Some of which still aren't corrected.
The truck has has a loud knocking noise since right after I bought it.
Some days it sounds like a rod is about ready to come out of the block, other days it can't be heard,

NOW, it has been in since last Friday (10-11-13). The CEL light came on, and it started running crappy. Took it to the dealer, and as of today, they still don't know what is wrong, or how to fix it...

The code that is showing up doesn't tell what the issue is. They contact the "engineers" lol, and they told the dealer, we have no idea what that code is. There was never a code like this one, that was programed into the system when it was designed.

Well, this is awesome. On Monday I'm going to start making phone calls.
I don't want this thing anymore. 3,000 miles and it doesn't appear it will be fixed.
I'm staying with Ram, but want a different truck. One I can actually enjoy.
I know there are going to be small issues with any brand, but as long as they actually fix them, I can live with that
Old 10-31-2013, 01:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: White
cododge is on a distinguished road

Here has been the timeline of my issues and what I have done as far as a lemon case and some video links:

I first dropped my truck off on 4/01/13 (dealership where I purchased the truck) for the following, the breaks were my main concern considering when I braked at 75 mph the truck procedded to take me into the median, it was so extreme that the driver side sank extremely low and I felt the rear passenger tire wanting to come off the ground. To miss hitting the metal crash barrier I had to overcomponsate a hard turn to the right which caused my truck to get sideways and almost flip.(2260 Miles)
  1. Hard shifting from Drive to Park
  2. Bog down at cold ambient temp and when accelerating from low speeds
  3. Cannot remove key from ignition
  4. Hard pull to the left at highway speeds

When I recieved my truck back on 4/04/13 this was the repair response:
  1. Could not duplicate concern, scaned for codes, checked fluid
  2. Could not duplicate concern
  3. Could not duplicate concern (*this is a common issue with the shifting column not fully engaged)
  4. Caliper sticking, replaced caliper and bled system
After getting my truck back I was out on the highway and I had to make another hard stop at 75 mph, the truck once again dive bombed to the left at about a 45 degree angle; narroly missing the car to the left of me. I once again returned to the dealer on 4/09/13 for the following (2500 Miles)
  1. Brake pull to the left
I recieved my truck back on 4/15/13 and this was the repair response:
  1. Replaced front brake pads and rotors
The dealership had a hard time figuring out what was going on with the truck and they needed to engineers help at Chrysler to solve the problem. They took the breaking components off the switched them to the left side, theoretically they thought the truck would go right on a test drive. I went with the 2nd lead mechanic and I got to talking with him after we verified the truck now went right. He told me that when they first replaced the bad caliper, all they did was send a young kid out with my truck around the block to verify the breaks worked; they NEVER took it out on the highway and verified that the truck braked well at high speeds. They are extremely lucky that I did not get into a wreck and injur myself and others or worse!! I could not believe that this is how they treated this situation!

Once getting my truck back the first thing I did was take my truck out on the highway for obvious reasons (root of all evil). I noticed that rather than my truck going left or straight, it was drifting to the right at about a 20 degree angle. This was not during hard breaking, this happened when I slightly tried to slow down from 75mph. Once again I took it in on 4/22/13 for the following: (3073 Miles)
  1. Brake drift to the right
I recived my truck back the same day 4/22/13 and this was the repair response:
  1. Could not duplicate concern, measured break temp all normal, no pull at this time
I finally had enough of this dealership so I took it to another dealership in Denver where I work. A Chrysler Star case was started for my truck and let me be the first to tell you WHAT A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. They rarely followed up with me or the dealer, and the dealer rarely followed up with them or me. I took my truck in on 5/23/13 (earliest I could get in) for the following: (5165 Miles)
  1. Vehicle pull to the right
The truck was in the shop for FOREVER! I showed the videos that I had of the issue to the head tech. He had the truck for 3 weeks and said they checked some stuff and wanted me to go on a test drive because they could not duplicate it. Well about 5 min into the drive, POW there it is!!! The tech said "Ok I now see what you are talking about and I see why you are concerned, I need to keep the vehicle for longer" Well I left it with them and a Chrysler rep came out to inspect it. He said there is no concern and to give me the vehicle back. I was shocked hearing this from the tech, I asked him " how can you return the vechicle to me with no work done on it after you said you saw this is a safety concern" he said at this time for as long as my truck has been in the shop that his hands were tied. Wow!! I picked my truck up on 6/20/13, 22 buisniness days later...yes 22!

I then submitted my paperwork to Chrysler because I reached 4 repair opportunities and 32 buisiness days in the shop. I recieved confirmation of their recipt of the letter. Well days passed and not a word, I finally called the complaint department and they said sorry sir your case was denied by Chrysler. I asked why I was never informed and they said I dont know... That is finally when I started to get an attorney and paperwork was submitted to Chysler from him asking for repurchase. During this 30 day response time, my stero stoped working. I took it in on 7/26/13 for the following: (6805 Miles)
  1. Erratic radio oporation
I recieved the truck back on 7/27/13 and this was the repair response:
  1. Verified Fault, replaced radio
Finally hear from Chrysler and they do not want to repurchase my truck. The fight goes on and on and on and on. Finally they ask for a last repair opportunity and I asked for them to verify this is their last attempt since I previously submittied my paperwork for the lemon law. They did not want to do it. I told my attorney that during the time multiple other issues were popping up with my truck and I was just going to take it in, get it fixed and send the new work order reciepts to Chrysler and maybe that will change their mind. I took it in on 10/17/13. A few hours later I get a call back from the dealer saying I need to pick it up and drop it off a few days later because two other Chrysler reps were going to look at it. I complied. On 10/21/13 I submitted this lenghty work order (9374 Miles)
  1. Truck drifts to the right during breaking
  2. Hard shifting from P to R, loud clank and rocking motion
  3. Vehicle surges on acceleration
  4. Truck when warm will not go into gear at times
  5. Will hold speed around 15 mph and wont stop
  6. Air will come on by itself
  7. Headlights will turn on and off rapidly for multiple times at dusk
  8. TPMS is erratic
  9. Truck bogs down at cold temp
  10. Truck holds speed at 35 mph
  11. Erratic radio opporation
During the time from 10/17/2013 to 10/21/13 I got video of the truck holding speed at 35 mph and once again the radio messing up so the last two of the list were added to the repair. I got a call the same day to pick my truck up and this was the following response:
  1. Adjusted allignment
  2. characteristic of transmission
  3. No issue as customer described
  4. No issue as customer described
  5. No issue as customer described
  6. HVAC Fine
  7. No delay found in lights
  8. TPMS Fine
  9. NO issue found
  10. No issue found
  11. Radio flashed
I picked the truck up and was ferious because it was complete crap. I showed the videos to the Head and said how is this not a problem/safety concern. He said there were no codes so they cant fix it but he will tell the reps what he saw. He called me back and said that the reps told Chrysler and that they talked to my attorney and they did not direct him how to fix it... well they never did and the TPMS, acceleration, breaks, and tranny are still F'ed up!!
Five days passed and once again more new problems!!! The truck is still holding speed, I drove for 2.5 miles with no gas at 25 mph! The radio froze and the odometer was dissapearing! Took it back in on 10/28/13 for the following (9600 Miles)
  1. Erratic radio opperation
  2. Erratic electrical opperation
The truck is still in the shop and the radio once agin needed to be replaced to this is the third radio all together. Now I need to find out how to address the acceleration concern because this is a major major safety issue. My Attorney is currently on vacation till monday. I will give him the new repair order and have him once again get a hold of Chysler. I will keep everyone posted of the outcome of theis POS truck!!! The total so far is 8 repair visits, 37 Buisness days and 47 total days in the shop!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:06 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

What did they say was the problem with the hard pull to the left at highway speeds?

I too am having the same problem.

I took mine in to be looked at over a month ago and they said they couldn't find the problem, but if it persists to bring it back.

I just haven't had the time to do it yet, but will likely do something early next week.

The other thing that I think we have in common is the fuel issue.......or at least I think that was you that said it??

Not always, but often enough when refuelling the machine stops working after 2 0r 3 seconds. I push the pump in further and pull it out farther until I find the right spot to make it work?

Not a huge deal on a nice warm day, but it's not going to be too friendly on a frosty winters evening I can assure you.