DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
RStawski is on a distinguished road
Default Cold Air Intake

I am considering adding a cold air intake on my 2013 RAM 1500 with the 5.7 liter hemi. What brand would you suggest and what can I expect in increased performance and gas mileage? Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Done to death....

This is one of the most commonly asked attention routes. There are several threads of this nature with near identical questions asked.

A search will yield countless results, as the forum has a very good [thorough] search function. Spend some time reading thru those threads and your questions will most likely have been addressed.

Good luck and welcome to the boards..

Grub out!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Prone to maundering

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3148
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. Just go to the top of the board, click "search", & type in CAI. You'll get tons of info. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Will do...Thanks.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:57 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

for the 13's there are really 3 main options, Vararam Air Grabber very nice intake old school look decent power gains retail between $344-$369, S&B intake really no better than putting a hi flow replacement filter in the stock air box however they look nice but are still just as restrictive as the factory air box (the factory air box is a nice design and functions very well), and then you have short ram intakes there are many variations the favorite as of late seems to be the LMI, it is made with true carbon fiber so your heat soak is almost nothing compared to a lot of the others, and it is really the only intake (of the 3 above) that increases your air flow velocity which in turn gives you more power/tourque.

With all 3 you will find those who swear by it, my personal experience is this.

Had factory air box switched it out to an AirAid (not going to be doing that ever again)

Went from the AirAid back to the stock box with a hi flow replacement filter (worked better than the AirAid)

From the stock box w/ hi flow filter to the Vararam Air Grabber (worked very nice and looked killer also, not to loud honestly can barely hear it all for me this was a good thing)

If I still had the truck I would put the LMI on it, I had the pleasure of driving a friend of mines truck with the LMI on it (same truck as mine except I had a 8" lift and he has a 2012 hemi, 4x4 quad cab 4" lift on 35's 3.55 gears, DS tuner) and oh boy could you tell that LMI was on there! It was very nice and seemed to pull a good bit better than any of the other configurations that I had.

Hope this info helps! If you find what you are looking for reach out to us we can almost always get you anything you are looking and at the lowest prices around too

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 LONE STAR
Color: Silver Metallic
Rep:10
Ford Killa is on a distinguished road

K@n black hawk put one on my 2013 i like it sounds good fuel mpg went up.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks for the info. guys...
Old 10-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Jeremiah,

What model LMI would you suggest?

Thanks,

Rs
Old 10-19-2013, 04:21 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

This is the one I have been recommending to everyone who does not mind an open filter (a filter that is not in a box) it is a true short ram, the carbon fiber is 100% real and hand crafted you can check out all the info here http://bullysperformance.com/lmi-sho...3-5-7-564.html and here is a pic of one installed.

This unit uses a S&B filter which is a very good filter , but more importantly it is the design and how it is a short ram intake and utilizes true carbon fiber so heat soak is kept to a minimum

If you have any other questions just let me know I will be more than happy to assist you with what I can.

thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:464
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Look at your stock intake and ask yourself if a CAI will really be better.