DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-18-2013, 05:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Duke1942 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

I've only had one problem and that was long ago. The dealership I went to said they would be glad to perform the service and warranty work but I would "be at the back of the line" as they wanted to complete all of "their" customers' work first. They performed the work, I just had to wait a lot longer than normal.
Jay
Old 10-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

When I was looking for my truck I went to the local dealer. They didn't have a Sport and the Express I was looking at was too expensive (I don't remember the price, I just knew at the time it was too much money for too little truck.) so, I bought at a dealer that was 3 hours away.

I have had cars and trucks go to the local dealer for work. I have purchased from them in the past. I have never felt unwelcome or that they didn't put forth less then their whole effort on my vehicles. I bring my truck to them for any recalls or warranty work. The desk guy knows me by name now. It all depends on how your local dealer service staff treats you and your truck. That is the bottom line.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Sagebrush
Rep:87
kkreit01 will become famous soon enough

Some may treat their purchasing customer base first. For service, DIY. For warranty/recall work, any dealer has to perform the work, but they may make you wait.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2538
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
I've only had one problem and that was long ago. The dealership I went to said they would be glad to perform the service and warranty work but I would "be at the back of the line" as they wanted to complete all of "their" customers' work first. They performed the work, I just had to wait a lot longer than normal.
Jay
Well at least they were up front with you. I suppose it is understandable to service regular customers first.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: ST
Color: silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
rambill is on a distinguished road

You would think all dealers would want to take care of anyone who needed service regardless of where they purchased their vehicle. They could be a future buyer if treated well and also word of mouth can be good advertising.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I purchased my truck at our local, small town dealer. Even though they treat me and my truck with the utmost respect and greet me by name and always seem to fall over themselves to assist me.. I have recently found myself calling a dealership 80 miles away for quotes for installation work (the locking tail gate kit, for example) only because my dealership charges out the butt for labor. The dealership up north is more than half the cost. I have yet to share this info with my dealership because I have not purchased the kit yet.. but I have a feeling that they will try their best to match or beat the dealership up north to keep me satisfied. After all, like Arth said, they will all take your money and my dealership knows how much I have already spent with them in the last year.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:57 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

I have bought several vehicles over the years and from most of the major manufacturer's, and have almost always taken my vehicles for service somewhere other than where I bought it.

I've even taken my Chrysler 200 convertible to a Nissan dealership and had them use Mopar parts.

I've never had a problem with anybody wanting to take my money, and have never had to play the waiting game.

The service departments don't care who bought the car from where, they just want to know which pocket you keep your wallet in.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:08 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
I purchased my truck at our local, small town dealer. Even though they treat me and my truck with the utmost respect and greet me by name and always seem to fall over themselves to assist me.. I have recently found myself calling a dealership 80 miles away for quotes for installation work (the locking tail gate kit, for example) only because my dealership charges out the butt for labor. The dealership up north is more than half the cost. I have yet to share this info with my dealership because I have not purchased the kit yet.. but I have a feeling that they will try their best to match or beat the dealership up north to keep me satisfied. After all, like Arth said, they will all take your money and my dealership knows how much I have already spent with them in the last year.
When I bought my Ram it was at a very large, multi manufacturer (Dodge, Ram, Kia and Ford) dealer. The finance guy told me they charge $140 an hour for shop labor. My local dealer is $90.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 10-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
When I bought my Ram it was at a very large, multi manufacturer (Dodge, Ram, Kia and Ford) dealer. The finance guy told me they charge $140 an hour for shop labor. My local dealer is $90.
I understand that.. to install the remote tail gate locking kit my local dealer quoted me $325 (2 hours @ $162.50/hour) and the dealer up north quoted me $130 (2 hours @ $65/hour). So it is obviously worth the 80 mile trip!