DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Blessed is on a distinguished road

I actually quite like the look of the new Sierras - more so than the F150s which remind me more of a large car or an elcamino.

Oldsmobile Aurora. Oldsmobile Alero. Grand Am. Pontiac G6. GMC 2500 Duralaugh. I have had them all new in the last 15 years. I will NEVER purchase another GM product again. Their warranty is an inside joke and GM Canada could not care less about your business or the service of their shops. It is no surprise people are walking away.

It is why I am shopping for a Ram. A used Ram for the time being. I'm going to test the water and see how I'm treated. Lets face it, the automotive business is cheap exported labor, materials and construction. They are mostly just assembled in the US. Every truck is going to have its own inherent issues. What is going to make a horrible experience from a good one is either (a) getting extremely lucky and getting a copy properly assembled with non-defective parts or (b) purchasing from a dealer & manufacture who can see beyond the immediate sale and who will go out of their way if necessary to see that you are not left twisting in the wind. If I could find one of those I wouldn't care what brand they sold I would be loyal. Unfortunately for me in my dinky little province a large family is buying up most of the dealerships and cover pretty much every brand - and they are supreme @$$h0le5.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2538
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
I'm really not surprised at this, either. I've said this before... The newer Chevy trucks have to be some of the ugliest vehicles ever made, IMO.
Agree and they have done little to improve the truck.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
I traded a GM truck on my Ram...if GM doesn't treat you right when you drive one of their trucks, you learn to not buy another one. EVER
I think there are people who would say the same thing about any vehicle.

Today's issues with my Ram are it refuses to hold any phone pairing anymore. At least (with some uconnect help) I got it back to where I can pair a phone while I am in the truck and it is on. Soon as I shut if off any phone has to be re-paired though.

I hate the huge square chevy wheel wells and not keen on the new chevy look. The new GMC however is much better to my eyes, though not as nice as the RAM IMO.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

My phone has stayed paired since I got my new phone in August, and I didn't have trouble keeping the old one paired. Sometimes it takes a while to read texts to me but i can receive and send calls without a problem.

I have to disagree with you Hermes, The 2014 Silverado I test drove at the Texas State Fair was worlds better than my grandpa's 2012. The exterior looks worse, and the visibility is also worse, but as far as interior quality and power the 2014 is a big improvement.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

I can't believe people still buy those heaps

In the next year or two, I would expect their sales to plummet some more with the upcoming redesigns of the yota, nissan and f150

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 10-19-2013, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Yodas ate still trying catch up to ram and ford at much higher prices for a very cheap constructed truck IMO will far less option with high recall rates!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Of the 3 people I know who had Tundras, 3 of them had death wobble at highway speeds (on stock unlifted trucks), and they got around 13-14 MPG. After several trips to the dealer they eventually told one of them there was nothing they could do about the wobble.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

The one yoda I drove was just a very cheap feeling truck with no features at all at a terrible high price
Old 10-24-2013, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

People still buy them, and compared to GM trucks, the cheap monotone plastic everywhere, and horribly outdated dash layout seems normal

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"