DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:99
TJC.geotech will become famous soon enough

And this is the TSB;

TSB Information:

3.5L GTDI—INTERMITTENT STUMBLE/MISFIRE ON TSB 12-10-19
ACCELERATION FROM HIGHWAY CRUISE IN HUMID
OR DAMP CONDITIONS WITH POSSIBLE DTC

FORD:
2011-2012 F-150

This article supersedes TSB 12-6-4 to remove the production fix date, update the Title, Issue Statement, Part List and Service Procedure.

ISSUE
Some 2011-2012 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 3.5L gasoline turbocharged direct injection (GTDI) EcoBoost engine may exhibit an intermittent engine surge during moderate to light loads at cruise, stumble and/or misfire on hard acceleration after an extended drive at highway speeds during high humid or damp conditions. This could result in a steady or flashing malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) primarily for misfire P0300, P0304, P0305, P0306. DTCs P0430 and/or P0299 may also be present.

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the 4ondition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE
[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Insure[/COLOR][/COLOR] all hard fault powertrain DTCs are addressed prior to performing the calibration update.

1. Check for DTC P0430. Is DTC P0430 present?
a. Yes - Replace the left [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]bank[/COLOR][/COLOR] catalytic converter assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 309-00. Proceed to Step 2.
b. No - Proceed to Step 2.
2. Is the Charge Air Cooler (CAC) equipped with an air deflector plate?
a. Yes - Proceed to Step 5.
b. No - Proceed to Step 3.
3. Install a new CAC, new air deflector plate, and original shield using new retaining pushpins. Refer to WSM, Section 303-12. Proceed to Step 4.
4. Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 79.02A or higher. This new calibration is not included in the 2012.5 [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]DVD[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
5. Install a new CAC and the original air deflector plate and shield using new retaining pushpins. Refer WSM, Section 303-12.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
BL3Z-5E212-E Catalytic Converter Assembly
W520514-S440 Nuts (2 Req)
CL3Z-19E672-A Deflector Plate
BL3Z- 6K775-B CAC .
W711281-S300 Push Pin (2 Req)
Old 10-22-2013, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

I didn't read all 5 pages but the only issues with the newer rams have been with the radios. I am confident that all the kinks are either already worked out or will be soon though. When I finally have Pandora in my 13 1500 I will be happy!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Outdoorsman
Rep:10
zinc69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnguy55 View Post
For 2014 Ram is using a new somewhat controversial AC refrigerant. It will be some time before regular AC shops are able to service it. If something goes wrong with the AC just after the 3 year warranty you could be stuck with an expensive dealer only repair.
just FYI my 14 outdoorsman v6/8speed has r134a
Old 10-24-2013, 02:44 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
Here is my current situation folks. I would like some input and opinions from some of you.

The dealer where I purchased my ford made an offer to me. He offered to buy back my truck for $2500 less than what I paid for it. He said I could trade it to another dealer and he would give me a letter saying he would buy it for that certain amount. I found a new dodge, but its far away. What i would have to do is sell my truck back, then go up to the dodge dealer and buy the new one. With that deal I will be out that $2500, plus the taxes I paid. When I gothe dodve dealer ill have to pay the full taxes on the new vehicle. So basically, because of Forss screw up, I will be losing approximately $5,000 - $6,000 because of the loss and the taxes.

Should I take that deal or should I sue, or what??
Hi Randy,

Living in Canada I am not familiar with your Lemon Law, but I will surmise that you have considered all those options and have all those answers.

In the end if it comes down to Ford giving you back everything but the $2500.00 you mentioned, then to me that isn't too bad.

You would have had to pay to drive something for that period of time anyway.

The cost of the new vehicle should be considered as something new (which it is), and the money spent there a separate issue.

I don't know if you can find any 2013's that are still kicking around in your area, but they were offering some great deals not all that long ago.

Perhaps telling your new Ram dealer your story will get you some extra cash off, if you tell them that you will promote them to your Ford forum buddies?

As for the V6- 8-speed versus the Hemi......go with the Hemi.

My brother drives the V6-8 speed and I the Hemi 8-speed, and there is a huge difference in power, but a little difference in MPG's.

In the end you have to do what's best for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Laramie Limited
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Granite Crystal Metalic
Rep:55
camdives will become famous soon enough

I just ordered a Limited today, trading in my 2011 F-150 Ecoboost, I have had only minor issues with the F-150, but there is lot to like about this new RAM. With a CAI and 4" exhaust on my F-150 I averaged 22mpg on highway. The Ram I tested with the 8speed and 5.7L averaged the same...I'm only regretting how long it will take to get my new truck.
RAM...Limited, CC, 5.7L Hemi, Air Suspension, Moon Roof, Short bed, Granite Crystal Metallic. MODS: Backflip Fibermax, Husky Weatherbeater Matts, Craven Speed Stuby Antenna, Wade in-channel wind deflectors and Mopar Fender Flares out to paint...
Old 11-07-2013, 12:29 AM

RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdives View Post
I just ordered a Limited today, trading in my 2011 F-150 Ecoboost, I have had only minor issues with the F-150, but there is lot to like about this new RAM. With a CAI and 4" exhaust on my F-150 I averaged 22mpg on highway. The Ram I tested with the 8speed and 5.7L averaged the same...I'm only regretting how long it will take to get my new truck.
Ya they just don't ever seem to come quick enough do they??

I'd say sorry to hear about your F150, but I'd be lying! LOL....

Seriously though, as you have tested the Ram's are a great truck and you have joined an awesome forum with loads of wonderful people here.

If I haven't welcomed you to the Z yet......well then welcome!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
Ford screwed you? Did it feel good? Did you enjoy it at all? Amazing how many people have sex with strangers and car makers.
I'm not too opposed with the strangers part, but the car makers?? LOL.....
Old 11-07-2013, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab 4X4
Color: Bright White
Rep:11
seniorjumper82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdives View Post
camdives,

I hear you. I'm trading my 2012 F150 Ecoboost in for a new Ram Sport CC 4X4. I ordered my Oct 21, and waiting on my new Ram is killing me. I know it will be worth it in the end.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Bright White
Dvp16 is on a distinguished road

Check the 2013 threads so you can see what issues there are with newer Rams. But remember some people only post when they have problems and are looking for solutions. Over all the radio (8.4) was an issue but mine was never updated and works fine (may depend on the build date). Any other issues do not appear to be wide spread. Check the rear end size as others have said. If you do not want to crawl under have them put it on a lift for verification. If they think you are buying most dealers will do that but be aware most will deny there is an issue with the wrong rear ends anyway. But if you get a Ram you will not be disappointed especially if you go with the Hemi. IMO the Silverado does not compare to the Ram. They are headed in the right direction they were stuck in the 80's and have moved to the 90's. I would make one counter offer to Ford and try and get more and then decide- either take the offer or get an attorney (I would get an attorney). They may go up a bit as if they go though the lemon process they then have to tag/list the vehicle as a buy back (at least that is the rule here in Ohio). That may be why they are trying to offer you a flim flam deal with a letter to another dealer guaranteeing to give a certain price. Your time and frustration is worth something also. Now they want you to do leg work and carry around a letter? That's insulting. No way- get every penny out of them you can. Ok, I am off my soap box.

And-just my two cents the only good turbo design is the Saab design and GM bought them out years ago and drove them into the ground just to swipe their design which they now use in the compact cars.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Never Enuff is on a distinguished road

My first truck that I owned was a Ford, ( Fix Or Repair Daily ), and had nothing but problems with it! I now have my ( 5th ) new Ram that I have owned with only normal wear and tear issues, i.e. Brakes, rotors, tires, etc. Go with Ram and you will not be disappointed!