DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Longhorn Laramie
Color: White
Rep:11
AbnMP13 is on a distinguished road

Different model years need resistors.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06PowerWagon View Post

I have LED lights for the following ... Side marker Lights ... the dome light ... map light... inside the heater control nobs... instrument cluster... over head console... and even my cargo light... and I have no Resistors on them and the only resistors i have are on my LED Turn TIPM problem...
3rd gen wiring is different than us 4th gens, we need resistors for more LED's than 3rd Gens
Old 10-22-2013, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 5.7L hemi
Trim Level: 1500
Color: Black
Rep:177
brondondolon has a spectacular aura aboutbrondondolon has a spectacular aura about

i had such a nightmare with my leds in the tail lights i gave up and am running stock. what sucks is i bought some cree led with 20 smd leds on the side that are brighter then hell only because i have smoked tail lights. i used a common load resistor that you hook up to the wires but i was faced with every problem. one way the lights would work but no break light the other way only break lights would work and no running lights. then i flipped the bulb and every thing worked and i got a bulb out error and they stopped working after that so then i put the resistor on another cable since there are 3 and then they wouldnt work. would soldering in this little resistor fix my problem?
S&B CAI, Y-pipe muffler delete, Diablo intune, Hemifever, custom tune, 180 thermostat, BT oil catch can, smoked, tail light and 3rd breaklight, 5000k retrosolutions 55w HID headlights and fog lights, LED in all exterior lamps, red calipers. Future mods: 87mm TB, 3000 stall torque converter
Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 / 3.55 LSD
Trim Level: Outdoorsman Crew Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:1043
gcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by brondondolon View Post
i had such a nightmare with my leds in the tail lights i gave up and am running stock. what sucks is i bought some cree led with 20 smd leds on the side that are brighter then hell only because i have smoked tail lights. i used a common load resistor that you hook up to the wires but i was faced with every problem. one way the lights would work but no break light the other way only break lights would work and no running lights. then i flipped the bulb and every thing worked and i got a bulb out error and they stopped working after that so then i put the resistor on another cable since there are 3 and then they wouldnt work. would soldering in this little resistor fix my problem?
Soldering will not help much with your problem.

Did you install the resistors like this picture with the correct resistors? You need a resistor for each LED bulb.

I would use the 6 OHm 50 Watt resistors.

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg installation.jpg (119.2 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by gcscott; 10-23-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 5.7L hemi
Trim Level: 1500
Rep:177
brondondolon has a spectacular aura aboutbrondondolon has a spectacular aura about

yup i did it exactly like that. i have them sitting in my garage collecting dust as of right now i think the bulbs only are meant for on/off function or something idk what the deal was.
S&B CAI, Y-pipe muffler delete, Diablo intune, Hemifever, custom tune, 180 thermostat, BT oil catch can, smoked, tail light and 3rd breaklight, 5000k retrosolutions 55w HID headlights and fog lights, LED in all exterior lamps, red calipers. Future mods: 87mm TB, 3000 stall torque converter
Old 12-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew
Color: true blue pearl
Rep:10
scaredstr8 is on a distinguished road
Default license and reverse lights

i have a 2014 slt big horn 1500. I just installed the license plate lights, and reverse lights and cargo lights. The problem i have is with the license plate lights and the reverse. It comes up on my display when i start the truck that the license plate and reverse lights are out. Which resistor should i install to correct this problem. Thank you for your help.
Anthony
Old 12-09-2013, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 / 3.55 LSD
Trim Level: Outdoorsman Crew Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:1043
gcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredstr8 View Post
i have a 2014 slt big horn 1500. I just installed the license plate lights, and reverse lights and cargo lights. The problem i have is with the license plate lights and the reverse. It comes up on my display when i start the truck that the license plate and reverse lights are out. Which resistor should i install to correct this problem. Thank you for your help.
Anthony
You need to add a resistor to make up for the lower current that the LED's draw.
Check out the Load Equalizers / Resistors section here: http://www.autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

Page down to Load Equalizers / Resistors.

I think you will need the second one (Rated 25 watt LED Load Equalizer) It goes by amount of watts so you may need a higher one depending on what bulb you replaced.

Greg

Old 01-19-2014, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman Express
Rep:19
NY Ram 86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
Sorry it took so long. I was made an offer I could not refuse ;-)>

I soldered on the 100 ohm 1watt resistor on both the lights. Worked like a champ.

I am trying to do the same thing with soldering the resistors; does it matter how and where they are soldered on? And is that black tape you used to cover something?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:39 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 4X4 Crew CAb
Trim Level: LoneStar Rambox
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:74
ghorn will become famous soon enough

Hmmmn... I wonder...
I added two LED cluster type lights under my tonneau cover and tied them into my cargo light wiring. They work just fine...except occasionally they don't. I first noticed that occasionally the "illuminated entry" feature did not work reliably. In other words, the cargo light would not illuminate when using the key fob.
Here's how they fail: If the truck is running with headlights on...and I turn on the cargo light using the switch by the headlight switch...the cargo light flickers one time and dies. It will be a week before the cargo light will work again. Then... If the truck is NOT running the cargo light works fine. But if I start the truck, turn the headlights on, and then request the cargo light... it flashes just momentarily...goes out for another week.
Anyone believe this has anything to do with the LED lights in parallel to the cargo light?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
da92gs87 is on a distinguished road

Only issue i have the the blinkers starting out normal, then going to the fast mode. What and where is the electronic blinker thing you guys are talking about?