DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Devildog View Post
Which Trinity do you have and will BOTH work on the 2013? How muchyou asking for both?
Thanks
What do you mean by "Which Trinity"?

...there is only ONE, the T1000 is for all makes and models
BUT as I said before and keeps falling on deaf ears...is not available for 2013 Ram's yet.

No Diablo Tuning released for 2013 Dodge Ram Trucks!
I dont know how to make it any more CLEAR than that.

Diablosport makes three tuners,
The Predator, The inTune and the Trinity, and there is no 2013 Ram support for any of them at this time

http://www.diablosport.com/

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 09-23-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Come on BlackRamHemi, it's going to be ok. No need in getting the blood pressure up bud. He's just asking a question man. And for any 2013 owners, the BDGT Hemi plus is still a decent tuner for running canned tunes with an intake, and exhaust. Yes the Diablosport Trinity is much better towards custom tuning IF that is what you really need but for those of us who have no intention on installing a bigger throttle body, performance cam, transmission, or a blower, then the BDGT will work fine.

Last edited by Gantman; 09-23-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

My blood pressure is just fine
I fully expect Diabo to make their official announcement at SEMA in November
for release of their 2013 Hemi Rams, beta testers have already been fine tuning for the last two months.

...and will be well worth waiting for over buying a Bully Dog tuner.

I sold my used BD GT for $250, after buying it new originally for $450 in 2010

If I had to pay $250 to unlock it for the buyer I would have made nothing on the re-sale
...which is about the value I would put on that turd of a tuner compared to Diablo Trinity.

JMHO, buyer beware

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 09-24-2013, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
0321Devildog will become famous soon enough

So what you're saying is they're not available for the 2013.....in case I missed it. J/K.

I don't plan on doing a lot of modding, maybe a throttle body and that would be it. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: 2013
Color: Black
Rep:116
jerseymike will become famous soon enoughjerseymike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So what you're saying is they're not available for the 2013.....in case I missed it. J/K.

I don't plan on doing a lot of modding, maybe a throttle body and that would be it. Thanks for the info.
I have the BD on my 13 and it works great. More power, better throttle response and it shifts way better than stock. No more lag time when I hit the gas, and the trans shifts much better. Also, I shut off traction control, mds, seat belt chime and moved my shift points up to 5960. Best bang for the buck mod.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:54 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Unless you plan on doing some moderate modding you wont see much out of the larger TB. Just saying...
Old 09-24-2013, 02:13 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Express
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:65
0321Devildog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymike View Post
I have the BD on my 13 and it works great. More power, better throttle response and it shifts way better than stock. No more lag time when I hit the gas, and the trans shifts much better. Also, I shut off traction control, mds, seat belt chime and moved my shift points up to 5960. Best bang for the buck mod.

Thanks for the input Jersey.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the input Jersey.

Right now there is a policy debate on the Bully Dog Tuner, but if that gets solved and there policy on there Chrysler tuner goes back to what it was "that it can be moved to another vehicle if the vehicle its on presently is put back to stock and not charge a $250 move over fee/clear the unit fee" and you are not going to do any mods to your truck, and you are not looking to put in a specific tune made by another group (i.e. Hemifever or whitelighting) Then you might be interested with the bully Dog Hemi GT +, it is currently available for the 2013, it will also allow you to disable some stuff on your truck like DRL and some traction control, etc. Also apparently the Stock tunes are very good, I run this tuner on my truck and enjoy it very much, I am just a bit pissed off at this supposed new policy which I will be contacting them again today to see whats up with that. hope this helps.

Here is the outcome about the policy debate:

Here is the real information, I just got off the phone with Linda, she call the powers that be and check the information that I have given her.

Any Hemi GT + tuner that is installed and linked to some 2011-2012-2013 truck ECU's that when you look at the Bully Dog tuner information in the tuner that gives the ECU info and you see under the VIN# line there is another line that says

"VIN H"

This Tuner is Locked with the ECU, and requires to be Hacked by Bully Dog to get it removed and un-linked to the ECU of your Vehicle. Even if you put the vehicle back to stock the tuner is still linked to that ECU, this has something to do with the encryption of the ECU.

If you want to move it to another Vehicle or sell it, and you have under the VIN# that line that says "VIN H" you will need to pay a hacking fee (not a reset fee) but a hacking fee to hack the tuner clear of the ECU data of the vehicle it was on.

This is only Tuners that have this "VIN H" there, any other Tuner synced to a Vehicle that does not have this "VIN H" or is not a 2012-2013 Chrysler product Does not have this Issue and you can move it to another Chrysler Vehicle or sell it after putting the current vehicle back to stock.

To locate if your tuner is linked to a vehicle and its a "VIN H" unit, go into menu, got to show settings and then scroll down to see the VIN# info. If Under your VIN# there is not another Line that says "VIN H" you are ok to put to stock and move it over to another vehicle or sell it.

If you do Have the "VIN H" your stuck and will need to fight this one

I am lucky, I just checked my unit and I do not have the "VIN H"

Here is a confirmation email from Lyle about this that just came in.

Hey Al,

This is the response I got when asking about it.

Under the vehicle info on show settings there is a spot for a Vin, and a Vin H. The vin H is the vin number that this tuner has “HACKED”, or unlocked. If there is a Vin in the Vin H on show settings, it needs the $250 transfer fee. If the Vin H is blank, there is no fee required. This mostly applies to the 2012+ Chrysler vehicles. Some 11’s, and not all 12’s, just depends on the ecm.

Linda is new so she may not be %100 familiar with the policy or heard incorrect info. The above is %100 correct though.

Lyle Richmond
Major Accounts Manager

Last edited by Asur; 09-24-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Bill2uok is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Trinity for sale?

Not looking to compete but I am interested in knowing how much you are wanting for the Trinity? I am scheduled to take my truck in to CCMR here in Alberta and they are offering the Trinity to me for $549.00 plus $30.00 installed and $70.00 for custom tune with 2 pulls on dyno (before and after install) for $125.00. I think that's a sweet deal.