DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge 1500 Crew 4.7 2wd
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
tjhayes1 is on a distinguished road
Default All warning lights on, no speedo, Fan, stalls

Ive searched the forums and read all the threads, but still no luck with my issue.
2002 1500 crew 4.7 2wd
All dash warning lights on, no speedo, fan only works on high, no AC, truck stalls on medium to heavy braking, no backup lights

what i've done already

replaced both speed sensors
cleaned all grounds
checked fuses, all good, didnt put new fuses in or add fuses to spares like some say, but i hadnt touched the fuse box before this started so i dont think its the spare fuse missing issue.
checked for water in main connector, totally dry
with car on, there is no power on fuses 32-39 (?) need to check again but that general area of the box has no power when car is running

Whats next to check? Ignition switch?

Any help appreciated, thanks
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2013, 01:50 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you don't have 1 problem, but many. I don't know of any one thing that would cause these all these.
If your ECM is good, then I would guess the warning lights and inop speedo is the result of a bad cluster.
I believe there are two separate relays for the fan, one for the lower speeds and one for high. I think... not sure on that one. Or, your motor could be bad in which case a new motor is pretty cheap and super easy to R&R.
The stalling during heavy breaking could be a couple of things. Bad fuel pump or pressure regulator. Bad oil sensor switch - is your truck low on oil? Could be your brake booster has a leak in it therefore causing a vacuum leak when you hit the whoa pedal hard.
Your back up lights not working could be a bad reverse light switch.

I know when I change the tune in my truck with my SC flashpaq, all the warning lights come on when it's messing with the ECU. Don't know maybe your ECU is bad.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge 1500 Crew 4.7 2wd
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Rep:10
tjhayes1 is on a distinguished road

Update, problem is fixed. there are threads describing a wire coming undone from beneath the fuse box, the white connector, a black/pink wire. Thats what my problem was.

I would definitely recommend investigating this first, I replaced two speed sensors and cleaned all my grounds before i checked the wires going into the fuse box.

Its actually very easy to do, getting access to the bottom of the fuse box is easy, one bolt attached to the inside fender, the other a screw. that allows you to lift up the whole fuse box, theres a lot of slack in the harness to allow this.
Then pull back the plastic cover on the WHITE connector (which btw is NOT underneath the fuses that have no power, i spent time on the BLUE connector because i thought it would provide power to the fuses right above it)

the wire fell right out of the white connector, it broke at the actual metal connector that slides into the back of the white plastic connector.

getting out the broken connector was a bit difficult, needed a screw driver to push the tab back and then push it out with another screwdriver. Soldered on a wire, then butt connected the two.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:51 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Voonderbar! Good to hear you got it fixed! Thanks for the update!