DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least you know what it is now. Good luck with the fix.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Hemi Ram 1500 Crewcab 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brilliant Black with Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dawg11 is on a distinguished road

Well they thought they knew what it was . They put in a new TIPM and and a solenoid that got the power code to go away , however the truck still has a 4th gear clutch pack code . and they dont know what to do about it . They are trying to get help from Ram Corporate customer service .

On a side note the dealer gave me a new dart as a rental , JUNK DONT BUY ONE !!!!!!!!!!
Today they called to tell me they cant figure it out and I told them that the five days of rental car provided with my maxcare warranty ends today . They gave me a 2012 QC 4x4 ST with a 4.7 free of charge WOW HUGE difference from my Hemi .
Pro Comp leveling kit , Locking billet fuel door , Cabin air filter , Spay in Bedliner , 180* stat , Catch can , Tailgate assist , U-Connect Phone , K&N 63 Series C.A.I. . Flowmaster Super 44 . Dual Exhaust . Eaton TruTrac LSD

Last edited by dawg11; 10-26-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:25 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:338
TransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the rough

So did they ever tell you which specific fault code(s) you have?
Old 10-29-2013, 08:16 PM

No . The Tech said" we had two codes ,apower code and that went away when we put in the new TIPM . We still have a Forth gear clutch code . We tried a new solenoid that didn't work . I don't know what else to do so Ive called corporate they will call back tomorrow "

Since then Ive learned corporates answer is to replace the PCM . it will be here tomorrow .

I should have used my Trinnity to pull the codes before resetting it and taking it to the dealer.
Pro Comp leveling kit , Locking billet fuel door , Cabin air filter , Spay in Bedliner , 180* stat , Catch can , Tailgate assist , U-Connect Phone , K&N 63 Series C.A.I. . Flowmaster Super 44 . Dual Exhaust . Eaton TruTrac LSD

Last edited by dawg11; 10-29-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:26 AM

TransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the roughTransEngineer is a jewel in the rough

Unfortunately, "4th gear clutch code" is not very descriptive. You might have:

P0734 Gear Ratio Error in 4th
P0770 4C Solenoid Circuit
P0987 4C Hydraulic Pressure Test
P0988 4C Pressure Switch Rationality
P2704 Inadequate Element Volume 4C

I would guess that you probably have a P0770 4C Solenoid Circuit fault. Looking further into my crystal ball, I will also predict that the PCM will not fix it, but you have a wiring problem (bad terminal connection). I hope for your sake that I'm wrong, but I've seen so many wiring problems go down this path ("We tried a solenoid and that didn't fix it. So we replaced the PCM, but that didn't fix it. So then we finally looked at the wiring and found the problem.").

Note that this is only a GUESS on my part. We DO see bad PCMs now and then. It's just, in my experience, that a wiring problem is more likely.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:38 PM

I don't know where the problem lies , I just hope they can fix it , SOON . I'm glad I bought the Maxcare extended warranty . So far all this isn't costing me anything . When I go down this afternoon I'll check with the tech and find out what code they are getting.

Is this some thing that can be caused by having a DbAll installed ? its been on about 4 months now .

In the future will my DS trinnity pull these same codes ?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg11 View Post
Is this some thing that can be caused by having a DbAll installed ? its been on about 4 months now.

In the future will my DS trinnity pull these same codes?
What's a DbAll?

You have a PCM (combined engine and trans controller), so any scan tool that can read normal engine fault codes should also find any trans codes.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:09 PM

DbAll is an after market remote start set up . I believe there are threads about it on this forum. You unplug the connection at the back of the key switch and plug that into the DbAll then plug the wire harness from the DbAll into the key switch . Three presses of the lock button starts the vehicle . For about $60 its my favorite mod so far.

Got my truck back , after replacing the PCM he got a airbag light , but that went away with a flash . Now to see how long it last .
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 AM

A remote start system should not cause any of the various 4C faults. I don't believe that would be the cause.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT TRX QC
Trim Level: SLT/TRX4
Color: Black and Grey
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Mudrakle is on a distinguished road

Your truck still working good so far? I figure that I would chime in that I just got the 4th gear limp mode happen this morning on the way home from work. I got home and shut off the truck and then restarted it. It threw a check engine light. I don't have a reader so I don't know what the code is yet. I bought an extended warranty for my truck but now can't find the paperwork!!! I have to wait till tomorrow to call the place I bought it from and hope they can help me out! Its a 2010 Ram 1500 4.7L and it has 53,000 miles on her. I literally just got the oil changed on her on Friday and today is Sunday!