DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

It's been a while since I updated my build thread so I figured I'd come back and show what I've done since my last post.

I finally got my exhaust done. Head to toe redoing. I went to Big Power Racing in Long Island and had them do my exhaust. I met the owner, Chris, at the New York Auto Show while I was there with a buddy of mine and me and him got to talking and he told me to give him a call during the week. When I called up he remembered who I was and we got to talking about my exhaust.

Originally I was going to run Pacesetter Longtube Headers into dual 3" DMH cutouts (cats deleted) into the Pacesetter 3" Offroad Y pipe into a SI/DO 14" Magnaflow muffler which was then going to have dual tips in front of each rear wheel. (That was a mouthful)

Instead Chris had to come up with a different plan because the gas tank is in the way and it wasn't possible without running a pipe under the gas tank (a few inches off the ground) and in front of the drivers side rear wheel. The plan changed to become a true dual exhaust. Each side being separate. So now it is Longtube Headers running back into 3" cutouts then into Magnaflow mufflers into dual tips in front of the rear wheel. That's on both sides.

Here's some pics to show what I mean

Header into 3" SS piping

Here's the piping running back into the cutout and then muffler

Here's the other angle of it as well as the dual tips

Here it is from the side of the truck

It looks like this on both sides. I bought the tips in gloss black and Chris painted some of the piping going from the tips towards the muffler black so that it would all go together a little more since he welded them together. The tips are dual 3.5" gloss black slant cut.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:40 AM

Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

I also forgot to mention above that I had Chris give me a custom tune to go along with all the exhaust work. When I got the truck back she was a different beast. I have to go back and get my dyno sheet as a transformer blew up on their street the week he was doing my truck and he wasn't able to print anything out from the dyno. He said he was able to add 50 HP though. He told me he didn't do a before dyno so whatever he got was from new exhaust on. I'm extremely happy with the work they did for me and Chris was real up front and honest about everything. I would go back there in a heartbeat for more work if needed. The whole exhaust is stainless steel and he guaranteed a lifetime warranty on the welds too.

Here are some of the videos I took when I first got it done. The exhaust actually sounds better now then it did than. I need to get some new footage to show that

Old 08-12-2013, 01:46 AM

I forgot that before I did the exhaust I actually got around to removing the chrome side molding from my truck. I took some fishing line and was able to cut through all the tape holding the side molding on. That was the easy part.

I then spent about 3-4 hours with a buddy of mine removing all the left over residue. In case you were wondering, DW-40 does amazing things

We used almost an entire large can of WD-40 as well as some lacquer thinner. We scrubber and rolled and pulled and just about everything else you could do to get it all off. When we were done I cleaned the sides of the truck and boy did she look good

Old 08-12-2013, 01:55 AM

The most recent mod I've gotten around to doing is replacing my front sway bar. I bought Addco front and rear sway bars months ago and finally got around to getting one of them on.

The first time I went to do this I found I was one wrench size too small to be able to complete the job so I had to stop. This time however I was good to go. After some work getting the stock sway bar off I had to get my brother to come outside and help me get the new sway bar on since that thing is damn heavy! I just needed help holding it up while I screwed everything back in.

I could feel the difference immediately after I had the Addco sway bar in place. The nose of the truck is much stiffer and better around corners. I don't have nearly as much lean as I did the the stock sway bar. I can't wait to get the rear one in, I just need time to do it.

Here's a pic before I got the stock one out

Here's the new one about to go in

That's all I've got for now but there may be some other mods in the near future

Potentially a torque converter by the end of the month, maybe some other stuff too!
Old 08-12-2013, 02:13 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice job, all around. Truck is looking great! Reps for the DIY stuff.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
shears is on a distinguished road

What a transformation. You definitely have more taste then the previous owner haha
6" BDS Lift, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 18x9 XD Addicts, FlowMaster Super 10, S&B Cold Air Intake, Solar Gard 20% window tint, WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats, Debadged, Plasti-Dipped Grill and rear ram head emblem, Tow hooks
Taking Donations for more mods...
Old 08-12-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shears View Post
What a transformation. You definitely have more taste then the previous owner haha
I like to think so!
Old 10-31-2013, 03:28 PM

So a box came for me in the mail today

Its the first of 4 packages that should come in the next week or so. Maybe 5 if I order 1 more thing

Its gonna be an exciting next few weeks!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:08 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
So a box came for me in the mail today

Its the first of 4 packages that should come in the next week or so. Maybe 5 if I order 1 more thing

Its gonna be an exciting next few weeks!
Do it! I dare you to order just 1 more thing!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Do it! I dare you to order just 1 more thing!
Oh I did. I'll put some pics up tomorrow so you can be jealous