DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Okay.. I give up.. can someone please remind me of how to post a youtube video?
Old 11-01-2013, 07:27 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
Okay.. I give up.. can someone please remind me of how to post a youtube video?
I believe you just copy the address and paste it in your post, kinda like this...

Last edited by RogerRamJet; 11-01-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Z funambulist

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Rep:3227
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome! Glad they fit. See? All that worry for nothing. Loved the write-up! I LOVE that your husband placed the template and handed the drill to you! (Gabi laughed too!) As for not being able to see what you are doing, welcome to the world of mechanics! I affectionately (#@*!) refer to this as "using the force" LOL. Great job, my friend, these look very clean and will be a welcome addition to your rig, I am sure.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Awesome, thanks for the reminder Roger. I kept trying to paste the link to embed, option found under share.. but got it and now can share it here, where it's meant to be Thanks again!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Ram Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
Awesome! Glad they fit. See? All that worry for nothing. Loved the write-up! I LOVE that your husband placed the template and handed the drill to you! (Gabi laughed too!) As for not being able to see what you are doing, welcome to the world of mechanics! I affectionately (#@*!) refer to this as "using the force" LOL. Great job, my friend, these look very clean and will be a welcome addition to your rig, I am sure.
LOL @ Using the force. Having had this experience, I can TOTALLY relate! So funny that you mention that since I said the exact same thing to my husband during one of his turns under the truck! LOL! Star Wars is a very strong influence in my home... would still like to get custom badges made for my Ram.. she is most certainly the Millennium Falcon.. and especially after what she put us through last night! LOL! (Although I've never referred to her as a bucket of bolts!)
Old 11-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Z funambulist

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Rep:3227
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Vid is great! Those look very clean.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

Hey just wondering how much u paid for the new tailghts
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Ram Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysnst2 View Post
Hey just wondering how much u paid for the new tailghts
I found them on Craigs List and paid to have them shipped.. whole deal was a steal for around $85. I don't think the guy knew what he had. LOL!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Ram Ham

I've decided to try carbon fiber.. I thought the brown would look good and accent the wood grain panel well.. so I bought the sample sizes of matte black and brown.

Stock look..

Here's a pic of a strip of each color on either side of the radio..

Although the brown is unique and not done by many others.. it doesn't look as good as the black.

So black carbon fiber it is.

Now the problem is the wood grain panel stands out too much since I can't work with the look and appearance of it. So, I tried using PS CS3 to try to picture what it would look like if the wood panel is covered with carbon fiber.. let's just say I suck at this. LOL!

If anyone else knows how to use Photo Shop, I'd appreciate it if they'd try to take a stab at this?

My attempt..

The ultimate look I would like to achieve is to wrap/cover the 4 A/C vent chrome bezels, the gearshift chrome bezel and the wood grain center panel all with black carbon fiber.

Still unsure what I will do about the panels on the doors. I'm open to ideas!

Also need to know what you guys who have worked with carbon fiber think about how much and what size sheet of carbon fiber I am going to need to accomplish all of this.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:22 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
I've decided to try carbon fiber.. I thought the brown would look good and accent the wood grain panel well.. so I bought the sample sizes of matte black and brown.

Stock look..

Here's a pic of a strip of each color on either side of the radio..

Although the brown is unique and not done by many others.. it doesn't look as good as the black.

So black carbon fiber it is.

Now the problem is the wood grain panel stands out too much since I can't work with the look and appearance of it. So, I tried using PS CS3 to try to picture what it would look like if the wood panel is covered with carbon fiber.. let's just say I suck at this. LOL!

If anyone else knows how to use Photo Shop, I'd appreciate it if they'd try to take a stab at this?

My attempt..

The ultimate look I would like to achieve is to wrap/cover the 4 A/C vent chrome bezels, the gearshift chrome bezel and the wood grain center panel all with black carbon fiber.

Still unsure what I will do about the panels on the doors. I'm open to ideas!

Also need to know what you guys who have worked with carbon fiber think about how much and what size sheet of carbon fiber I am going to need to accomplish all of this.
Your attempt is pretty bad ass. I like it. Much better than I could do.