DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz6200 View Post
The badges all look awesome! Was it hard to do? And more importantly what color Black is it that you bought and used?
Not hard at all Plasti Dip is very forgiving. Screw up? Peel it off and start over. It is their only color matte black. You can get the Glossifier that will give it a glossy look but I went with just the black.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 09-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
Raz6200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
Not hard at all Plasti Dip is very forgiving. Screw up? Peel it off and start over. It is their only color matte black. You can get the Glossifier that will give it a glossy look but I went with just the black.
Sounds good! Going to try and order some today! Or can this be bought at home depot? I looked yesterday in the paint section in HD, but didn't see any.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:00 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sounds good! Going to try and order some today! Or can this be bought at home depot? I looked yesterday in the paint section in HD, but didn't see any.
Home Depot is where I got mine. It's not in the paint section and I can't remember where it is. Just ask they will point you to it.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 09-28-2013, 02:05 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I get mine at HD as well. And I always find it in the paint section, towards the back.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

I installed my BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover today. I got it from member stryker291982. I am pretty sure I bought most of his truck by now. It was a little frustrating trying to get the cover in the two tracks by myself. I recommend you have someone for that part anyway. The pics:

I had a minor heart attack when I first put the actual cover on the rails. The lugs were too far apart to fit in the tracks. At first I thought Ram once again made a change to their trucks in making the 2013 bed narrower then the previous years. Turns out it was backwards. As soon as I turned it around the lugs fit in their tracks. As noted in most other posts about these covers I didn't need any shims.

The top is heavy and awkward to move by one person. This is where I suggest you get a friend to help place it in the tracks. This would be a five minute job that turned into twenty with one person because the cover kept slipping off one side when I was trying to line up the other.

The only very minor thing is I wish the clips for the cinch straps were hidden until needed. They sit on top of the cover and mess up the clean look the cover otherwise has.

All in all very glad I went with this. I really wanted the BAKFlip G2 but the prices are outrageous on the tri fold covers.

Last edited by DarthRam; 09-30-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Looks good DarthRam! I contemplated getting that cover for my 1500 but eventually went a different route. It does look very nice though!

I see what you mean about those clips being exposed as well. My G2 has two small clips up on the front of it as well that I'm not a huge fan of but I guess that's just how it has to be to make it functional.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 09-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Looks good DarthRam! I contemplated getting that cover for my 1500 but eventually went a different route. It does look very nice though!

I see what you mean about those clips being exposed as well. My G2 has two small clips up on the front of it as well that I'm not a huge fan of but I guess that's just how it has to be to make it functional.
Thanks. It definitely is a tried and true method of cinching down items.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2750
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking truck man.. Love the all black and especially the new ram headlights.. Just make everything go together so nice .
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Great looking truck man.. Love the all black and especially the new ram headlights.. Just make everything go together so nice .
Thanks to you sir!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

It has been awhile. Mostly due to the snow and sub zero temperatures that do not make it conducive to modding. I have purchased a Billet Tech Catch Can, OEM Flares, Bully Hitch Step, and a receiver lock.

I put the Bully Hitch Step and the receiver lock on last night. It was just warm enough (20 degrees) to do it. I bought this one because it kind of matches the side steps I have. I didn't go with the lighted one because, quite frankly, I don't need anymore lights on the rear of the truck. The OEM LED tail and third brake light are bright. Also I would need to plug the step in to the connector. This would take away the clean look and since the cover would constantly be up it would get all kinds of crap in the connection area.

Install was easy of course. The only issue I have with the step is the "anti rattle feature" is just a plastic beveled jam with 3M tape on it. It can be a pain lining up the jam so it sits perfectly where you need it. To far forward and the hitch won't fit, too far back and it becomes useless. The would have been better served with a thicker tape lick product that could be applied in a general area. The step has three holes so it can be put in at different lengths. It could almost act as a step and beaver tale. It does not come out far enough past the tailgate when it is down though.

The receiver lock was just as easy. Simple design with an all weather cover. It was a little fiddly getting my hands in between the bumper and hitch to lock it. It may be easier from underneath but I wasn't going to lay down in the snow and plow filth.

Pics:

Cheapest that I found the lock was on Amazon. It was $13 shipped because I have Amazon Prime. It was almost $10 cheaper than eBay.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The step I got off eBay because at the time the seller was running a special and he had a Make An Offer. So I got it for $45. He is up to $55 now. Here is the link. I have no affiliation with him/her:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171024862696...84.m1497.l2649

The catch can I got from Billet's year end sale. I got the $170 black can with black fittings for $102. I will be waiting for it to be much warmer to put this one in. I may also see if I can find black quick connect couplings and black braided hose locally.

Last edited by DarthRam; 12-19-2013 at 11:35 AM.