DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Knowledge Base

Notices

Dodge Ram Knowledge Base Here you can find owner submitted how-to's for performing various mods to your Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-06-2013, 05:50 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
now just for some extra safety i went ahead and taped of the lense and covered it with paper then took some flexseal in a can and sprayed it around the entire assembly where the lense meets the housing, once this is complete let it sit for about a 2 hours or so then peel away the paper and tape.

now we are ready for reaseembly at the truck. simply take your headlight assembly to the truck put the bulbs back in, and bolt everything back together(dont forget to push your white pic back down .)

now once everything is back together take some good glass cleaner and clean all your fingerpricts and tape glue off the lights, take a pic and show your buds how bad ass you are

so heres my final pics all said and done. I hope the tutorial has been a good help and centralized all the info i had to hunt down, many thanks go out to everyone who helped me with this project here from ramforumz.

Post 3 redone with images

Here ya go everyone sorry it took so long. Hope ya'll enjoy any questions feel free to ask

I moved these to a permanent location on our server so they should not go anywhere now.

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 11-06-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Rep:56
BlackedOutNinja will become famous soon enough

I tried this today with my 2013 sport projector headlights. once i got the headlight out and took a good look there were way too many new components to the headlight than the 2012 headlight. so i put it back in. yikes. I may have just had a sandy vagina today.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:31 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutNinja View Post
I tried this today with my 2013 sport projector headlights. once i got the headlight out and took a good look there were way too many new components to the headlight than the 2012 headlight. so i put it back in. yikes. I may have just had a sandy vagina today.
Once you get them out of the truck, and the lights removed it should be pretty much the same process bake them apart, paint what you want re assemble and install back on the truck , There are a lot running around with baked 2013 headlights (Many of them on 2009-2012 I did see one somewhere on a 2013 though)

If you change your mind and do it be sure to post about it somewhere with pictures of the finished result.

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Is it the same 250 degrees for 10 minutes for 2nd gen headlights? I thinkkkkk it is, but I'm not sure.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 11-06-2013, 09:03 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
Is it the same 250 degrees for 10 minutes for 2nd gen headlights? I thinkkkkk it is, but I'm not sure.
I have not cracked open 2nd gen lights before, however that is pretty much the standard, if it is still to stiff/tough (you'll know what I mean when you go to try and pry them apart) after 10 minutes put it back in for another 5 minutes I suggest not turning the oven off until you get them puppies opened up

Old 11-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
I have not cracked open 2nd gen lights before, however that is pretty much the standard, if it is still to stiff/tough (you'll know what I mean when you go to try and pry them apart) after 10 minutes put it back in for another 5 minutes I suggest not turning the oven off until you get them puppies opened up
haha, thanks!
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs