DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > CRUX Interfacing - Dodge Ram Accessories!

Notices

CRUX Interfacing - Dodge Ram Accessories! Specializing in automotive OEM integration for the digital era, CRUX Interfacing Solutions provides an array of products based on proprietary research. As the interfacing demands of today's OEM systems morph towards software-driven products, CRUX works to anticipate the rapidly changing needs of the Cross-Product industry, with our distinctive approach towards the integration of audio communication concepts. Besides Interfaces for aftermarket Radio Replacement and feature retention, our Beeline Series now offers Bluetooth Connectivity Kits that work seamlessly with OEM systems on a wide range of automobiles.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star QC
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
DubyaRules is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineralram View Post
I purchased Crux's first Canadian release of the Back up Camera RVCCH75-D.
Sorry to say i was not impressed with the night vision quality of this product it is basically useless and their Support of the product was even worse. It was very sad that the local distributor has to apologize to me for them not standing up to there product i was left to fix the problem myself.
Were you able to fix the problem? If so, what did you do? I hate to buy a system that is useless at night, but I need to do something to see behind my truck. Does it help to turn on the bed light?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaRules View Post
Were you able to fix the problem? If so, what did you do? I hate to buy a system that is useless at night, but I need to do something to see behind my truck. Does it help to turn on the bed light?
I too am interested in what you have to say.

My brother has the OEM camera in his truck and on the darkest of country roads, it lights up well behind him.

Mine on the other hand is not OEM, though it was installed before I picked up my new truck by the dealer and rotten at night doesn't begin to cover it!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Crux is on a distinguished road
Default Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMeister View Post
Welcome -
Question: Does this item work with the RHB system/ with NAV and Uconnect, in a 2011 RAM 1500? And if so, what would the price be???

Thanks
Hello, Yes I'm showing this does work with your radio type.
As far as price goes, if you buy direct from us $309.
Let us know if you need any other questions.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Crux is on a distinguished road
Default Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
I too am interested in what you have to say.

My brother has the OEM camera in his truck and on the darkest of country roads, it lights up well behind him.

Mine on the other hand is not OEM, though it was installed before I picked up my new truck by the dealer and rotten at night doesn't begin to cover it!
Hello,
The reason the user's camera was not so visible at night i think may have to do with our camera or his LED type of lights. With that said it comes down to personal preference, some people may like it some may not. But since then we have added a new sensor for better vision at night.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Mettalic
Rep:159
mineralram has a spectacular aura aboutmineralram has a spectacular aura about

Well as the previous poster mentioned they added a new sensor... I received one of these and It had the same problem but this time had far less field of vision and the picture was no different. I reinstalled the original camera and then purchased a Putco Tailgate light bar with backup lights this improved the vision quite a bit a night time.

Quite honestly if my dealer had not of paid for my unit that i installed i would of returned it for cash back and then waited on something with better camera quality but for what i use it for all is good know.

However i have heard back from others that have purchased there kits also and they all have the same comments so far: Night Vision Terrible, little to be said about support for the product.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:35
Zixxer is on a distinguished road

I find the Crux setup to be as good as the OEM. I have/had a lot of OEM setups and the rear camera night vision is fine...as fine as the OEM, not better, not worse IMO. There are better aftermarket cameras night vision cameras, you just have to find one you like.